PDA

View Full Version : Gun cleaning kits

rocket
03-19-10, 22:15
Hey all, looking to purchase a new gun cleaning kit, thinking about the Otis Elite Kit. I'd like one for multi caliber handguns and my AR's. Any suggestions? Thanks.

ryan
03-19-10, 22:29
I have an Otis kit its got to be 5 years old and its good for a quick swab at the range or in the field its good quality stuff IMO, but I find a good one piece cleaning rod is best for a good scrub. The elite kit has everything but the kitchen sink and two one piece rods, one for rifles and one for pistols.

tracker722
03-19-10, 22:37

rocket
03-19-10, 23:10
Thanks guys...appreciate the feedback!

skyugo
03-20-10, 00:21
i have a 9mm bore snake for my glocks. if you wanna get it really clean use some bore foam first. for a carry/duty handgun a boresnake is fine. gets the barrel clean fast. for some kind of bullseye gun i'd consider a one piece rod or something.

ryan
03-20-10, 09:27
I consider a one piece rod (dewey, etc.) to be required equiptment to have on hand for cleaning and for removing bore obstructions.

skyugo
03-20-10, 13:26
I consider a one piece rod (dewey, etc.) to be required equiptment to have on hand for cleaning and for removing bore obstructions.

removing bore obstructions is certainly once place the boresnake does not shine. :D