PDA

View Full Version : P7 carbon scraper tool availability?

rocket
03-20-10, 11:41
I can't find a scraper tool for my P7 anywhere online. Everyone's out of stock. Anyone know of someone who's stocking them...so I don't have to spend $50.00 on GB?

tarkeg
03-20-10, 13:21
I know it doesn't help any, but recently I looked for almost 2 months. I finally gave up and paid. For the scraper, piston chamber brush and take-down tool it was $100 on GB.
Ouch! The only thing that made it worth it was how well the P7 ran after a proper scraping.:p

rocket
03-20-10, 13:31
I know it doesn't help any, but recently I looked for almost 2 months. I finally gave up and paid. For the scraper, piston chamber brush and take-down tool it was $100 on GB.
Ouch! The only thing that made it worth it was how well the P7 ran after a proper scraping.:p

I know... the guy selling on GB is a good guy, I've bought from him before. But, $50.00! :eek: The only thing, is Midway will have them back in stock at the end of April and they're half the price. I might just wait.

kmrtnsn
03-20-10, 13:39
Have you looked at the CatM4 tool?

rocket
03-20-10, 13:46
Have you looked at the CatM4 tool?

No, I haven't. I thought it was pretty well known to not ever use anything other than the HK scraping tool for cleaning the piston.

tarkeg
03-20-10, 13:51
Roger that. But the last time I had something on backorder from Midway, everytime the "in stock" time drew near the clock re-set itself to another 2 months down the road.
YMMV Good luck!

msr
03-20-10, 14:24
Give HK a call, I ordered mine direct. (706) 568-1906

kmrtnsn
03-20-10, 14:39
Sorry, I hadn't had my coffee yet; it was a long night last night. I have had good luck getting HK tools and parts from HKParts.net.

rocket
03-20-10, 14:59
Give HK a call, I ordered mine direct. (706) 568-1906

Probably the best thing to do...I'll give them a call on Monday.

gunnut284
03-20-10, 15:39
I got one from CDNN about a year ago. They still list them in the most recent catalog though I don't know if they actually have them.

ETA: sorry, I was thinking of the takedown tool so scratch that.

p7fl
03-20-10, 17:06
A 270 brush works just as well.
;)

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-20-10, 18:54

Was it not running before, or how did its operation improve?

tarkeg
03-20-10, 19:55
Was it not running before, or how did its operation improve?

Some P 7's are a little more finicky about carbon buildup in the gas chamber. You can start to feel a little "stick" at the end of the slide travel. I know a guy who's P7 got so bad it started malfunctioning constantly because of the effect on the slide velocity. I hit the gas chamber with the scraper tool and the difference was dramatic. A bunch of carbon came out, and the gun ran fine. And it has to be a scraper, a brush should be used after you scrape.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-22-10, 10:21
Great, one more doo-dad I've got to buy. :eek:

I think I know that hesitation/click issue you are describing. No malfs yet.

bc5000
03-22-10, 13:55
What's H&K charge for the scraper tool?

tarkeg
03-22-10, 15:44
FMCDH, I think the manual says scrape every 500 rds. Or 12 months, even if you don't shoot it! I thought that was a bit excessive. But like a lot of firearms there can be different levels of reliability with the same model. Massad Ayoob had a P7 he used in classes, it went for something like 2,000 rds. before it stopped working completely. Other folks report sluggishness after the 500 round mark.

rocket
03-22-10, 20:06
What's H&K charge for the scraper tool?

Last I checked they were about $22.00. Midway sells them for $27.00. Top Gun Supply doesn't have them on their website because they don't have any in stock so I'm not sure what they sell them for. I talked with TGS today and they said they've had them on order for months and are hoping they get them soon. Not sure what that means. :confused: HKparts.net sells them for about $39.00 but out of stock. A bit more reasonable. I've seen them on GB for about $50.00 and other websites selling for about the same, but never in stock. Hard to imagine they vary in price so much but supply and demand...I got a PM from a nice gentleman willing to sell me one of his at a great price. I love this site!! Thanks again John! :D

bc5000
03-22-10, 20:21
I expected H&K to be around $40-50, I'll give them a call tomorrow.

I also might need an HK operators manual. My first P7 police trade-in is due in tomorrow and I'm not sure if one comes with it.

bc5000
03-23-10, 09:29
Just called H&K and they are out. Won't have any till about June.

There's a guy who makes a combo scraper tool, I'll have to try and find a link.

Spiffums
03-23-10, 09:36
I wish I could remember where I got my P7 manual and tech service manual. It is PDF and prints out really nice.

http://www.hk-usa.com/-images/shared/P7_Ops_Manual_Trussville.pdf

That popped up in a Google search but not what I was looking for. I know there are 2 really good ones out there. I will see if I can find them on my hard drive when I get home.

rocket
03-23-10, 19:19
Just called H&K and they are out. Won't have any till about June.

There's a guy who makes a combo scraper tool, I'll have to try and find a link.

I came across someone making a combo tool for this as well. I can't remember if it was glocktalk or xdtalk, maybe somewhere else, I don't know. I came across a thread on another forum. But apparently he was selling these scrapers for the P7 and taking orders and what not. As I was reading through the threads, people were bitching and complaining that they never received the scraper and hadn't heard back from this guy for months. I don't know if this is your guy or not but I thought I'd give you a heads up. The scraper had a little pistol at the end of it for a handle...

He also claimed that when you called HK about scraping tools that they would give you his number and they endorsed him. That alone sounds like a scam to me.
Anyway, if I find the link again, I'll post it.

bc5000
03-23-10, 19:46
Yeah I saw the one shaped like a pistol.

Here's the other one I was thinking of. But I don't know of anyone that's ordered one.

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?121109-P7-combo-tool-scraper&highlight=tool

p7fl
03-24-10, 12:15
I've got a few around here. A guy in Oregon started making them 6-7 years ago.
The scraper works fine. I've never needed the other tools...but it is a creative design that he has improved on a few times.
You will notice the tip is more pointed than the HK factory tool.