PDA

View Full Version : New Glock owner, thanks M4C.

GhostB14
03-20-10, 17:13
After reading tons of threads on here I felt that a Glock 19 would be a much better CCW than my XD45 service. Longer track record, available service parts, ease of "smithing", ect put the Glock on top for me. So, bye-bye XD hello Glock

I only had time for 200 rounds this afternoon :(
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/patrickscott_vt/DSC01193.jpg

Thank You
Patrick Scott

HK45
03-20-10, 17:17
You can't really go wrong with a Glock 19.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s27/P220SAO/IMG_1197.jpg

skyugo
03-20-10, 18:21
it's my favorite firearm to shoot personally :D i got about 7000 rounds through mine. awesome gun.

Redhat
03-20-10, 19:32
Plus an XD 45 service is not a small thing to conceal.

Congrats on your purchase!

GhostB14
03-20-10, 20:22
Plus an XD 45 service is not a small thing to conceal.

Congrats on your purchase!
You got that right, I will now be able to dress a little lighter which is a good thing.
Now I am debating if I should go with the CTAC I liked so much for my XD or try something different. CCW gear selection hell all over again ;)

adrenaline151
03-20-10, 21:01
I just got the same thing, pretty much the same reason. My 229 was getting heavier every day, and after throwing away almost half a box of good ammo because the bullets were ending up inside the case after being chambered once or twice(357 sig), I decided to go lighter, and less expensive to shoot. Plus, I like to tinker with things and I got to put some goodies on my new 19. I have to run it for a while with the new barrel and other parts to make sure it's still going to have the Glock reliability(I'm sure it will), but it's going to end up full time before long.
http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu306/evanrackley/rightsideupG19.jpg

Rayrevolver
03-20-10, 21:03
Kramer IWB #3 works well for me.

Get some Warrens on it and you are good to go!:D

HK45
03-20-10, 21:07
Warrens would be perfect for my if the front sight dot was bigger...it's too small for my aging eyes.

JonInWA
03-20-10, 21:26
What I did with the Warren Tacticals on my G34 was to go with the black set, and then painted the back face of the front sight with white Liquid Paper for a base coat, and then painted it with Testor's Neon Green; it's close to being a fiber optic in effect, enabling a very fast front sight acquisition, without having to worry about the fiber optic breaking/falling out, etc.

And congratulations, Ghost-a G19 is one of those classic shooting tools that works and is exceptionally easy to tote around and use.

Best, Jon

GhostB14
03-21-10, 10:01
Only plans for mods are Warren sights- I'm a fan of tritium 2-dot sets, and possibly a Vickers mag release.

HK45
03-21-10, 15:11
What I did with the Warren Tacticals on my G34 was to go with the black set, and then painted the back face of the front sight with white Liquid Paper for a base coat, and then painted it with Testor's Neon Green; it's close to being a fiber optic in effect, enabling a very fast front sight acquisition, without having to worry about the fiber optic breaking/falling out, etc.

Sounds like something worth trying.

M4arc
03-21-10, 21:54
See my signature line. Clearly it's God's choice of weapons as well :D

woody d
03-22-10, 11:43
id imagine that Satan chooses the 19 also:p...wise decision, the 19 is a far better handgun compared to the XDs ive seen

decodeddiesel
03-22-10, 14:55
Wise decision.

Enjoy your new pistol.

loupav
03-22-10, 23:22
I think you guys are making me feel some love for my unloved G19.

Mine is a Gen 3, Mepros, 3.5 lbs trigger, extended slide release. I want to upgrade to a Vicker's mag release.

BH1
03-22-10, 23:32
I felt that a Glock 19 would be a much better CCW than my XD45 service.... So, bye-bye XD hello Glock
Yeah, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you'll be pleased with decision. :)

Jay Cunningham
03-22-10, 23:34
I owe my love of the Glock 19 all to C4IGrant.

jsbcody
03-23-10, 00:12
Warrens would be perfect for my if the front sight dot was bigger...it's too small for my aging eyes.

I am having the same problem. I put a Ameriglo ProGlo front sight (green tritium surrounded by green lumi nova square) with plain combat rear (wide notch)...works great for me!

BradCMSP
03-23-10, 08:00
I am having the same problem. I put a Ameriglo ProGlo front sight (green tritium surrounded by green lumi nova square) with plain combat rear (wide notch)...works great for me!

How do you like the ProGlo? I am waiting on mine to come in (backorder).

dirksterg30
03-23-10, 09:42

And congratulations, Ghost-a G19 is one of those classic shooting tools that works and is exceptionally easy to tote around and use.

Best, Jon

Another option is the JohnO DIY high-visibility front sight (http://pistol-training.com/articles/the-johno-diy-high-visibility-front-sight), although I use Testors model paints (white base coat followed by fluorescent orange) for the front sight on my handguns.

jsbcody
03-23-10, 12:16
How do you like the ProGlo? I am waiting on mine to come in (backorder).

I like that set up a lot. The wide notch combat rear sight is similar to the Warrens and 10-8 sights. The big green square front sight centers great in the rear sight. Speed is great at close ranges and accuracy is great at longer ranges.

matt86
03-23-10, 21:55

Mine is a Gen 3, Mepros, 3.5 lbs trigger, extended slide release. I want to upgrade to a Vicker's mag release.

dude,cmon, its 14 dollars. so awesome too.

jsbcody
03-23-10, 22:56

Do yourself a favor: Get the Vicker's mag release AND install a NY1 Spring. I love the 3.5 + NY1 spring combo!

matt86
03-23-10, 23:01
i have a 3.5 connector and have been thinking of the ny1. whats the trigger pull feel like. sorry to hijack the thread

jsbcody
03-24-10, 00:49
i have a 3.5 connector and have been thinking of the ny1. whats the trigger pull feel like. sorry to hijack the thread

If you have ever shot a broken in revolver in DA, it is similar. Smooth pull, clean crisp break (you know exactly when trigger is going to break) and a very positive reset. I really noticed the difference doing double and triple tap drills.

BLACK LION
03-24-10, 18:17
Sounds like something worth trying.

+1

Off to the hobby store I go.