ZDL
03-21-10, 06:28

madisonsfinest
03-21-10, 07:27
Wow that was awesome! lol... The Jacoby guy was flying

Icculus
03-21-10, 07:48
Wow that was awesome! lol... The Jacoby guy was flying

Jacoby Ford; Clemson Tigers represent:D. He was a Fla HS state champion (10.32 100yd, 21.25 200yd) and ACC track champion (him and CJ Spiller were on the same relay team) in addition to playing football. Ran a 4.2 at the combine. I've seen a reported low 40 time of 4.125 for him. That's just moving.

Great video, Rich has some work to do

Artos
03-21-10, 09:45
That was great...brings back memories.

I was in track and fb back in highschool and ran 4.5's. They always stacked me up with the fastest guy and he ran a consistant 4.3 so I never got to win.
He would really pull away in the 100. Last time I did a full out sprint, I was running around the corner to get the lic plate on a car that had just stolen my neighbors weed whacker. Pulled my ham over a $20 pos.

I think the real athletes were the 400 & 800 runners. Those just friggin hurt....anything over 200 was work.

montanadave
03-21-10, 10:15
Reminds me of a stand-up bit I saw years ago where the comic proposed that there be a "pink lane" in every Olympic race where someone randomly selected from the crowd was allowed to run just to provide a frame of reference for all of us armchair quarterbacks who make smart ass remarks about the athlete coming in last.

Love the superimposed images in the video. The acceleration of Jacoby Ford is amazing.

Mjolnir
03-21-10, 10:35
That was great...brings back memories.

I was in track and fb back in highschool and ran 4.5's. They always stacked me up with the fastest guy and he ran a consistant 4.3 so I never got to win.
He would really pull away in the 100. Last time I did a full out sprint, I was running around the corner to get the lic plate on a car that had just stolen my neighbors weed whacker. Pulled my ham over a $20 pos.

I think the real athletes were the 400 & 800 runners. Those just friggin hurt....anything over 200 was work.

Yep. I am a retire 400m and 800m runner. All State, All American, Jr Olympian. It hurt. But I "liked" it - probably because I was winning. I watched the NFL Combine and I have been closely watching High School Track & Field this season. I cannot pen words to describe the memories or desire to do it all over again.

I work out near LSU and a host of ex-LSU football players as well as other ex-local/regional college athletes work out here and it's amazing the ability they have; really inspiring stuff. So at 44 years old I am stronger than I ever have been and I don't miss a day nor do I not stretch, do calisthenics and eat properly every single day. Just two weeks ago I watched several ex LSU defensive backs benchpress 400 pounds. Horseplaying with them is strange. I have a judo background so I can pin them WHEN & IF I can get my hands on them. It must be nice to be so blessed and gifted...

Looking up my High School 40 yd dash time yields: 4.56. Not bad for a quartermiler/half miler who only weighed 141.75 lbs (according to the documents I have) my senior year. LOL!

MarshallDodge
03-21-10, 10:41
That was pretty cool.

Spinone
03-21-10, 13:14
Wow. Those comparisons are awesome!

Cascades236
03-21-10, 16:57
But what is average? I'd smoke that guy too.

Artos
03-21-10, 17:33

Rule #1...cardio.

The fatties were the first to go:D

Safetyhit
03-21-10, 20:01

Yes, he was a bit slow no doubt. In fact four years of semi-pro and one year prior of college football allowed me to witness many a 40 run, and very few of that build were ever that slow. Maybe without the suit?

As a safety my best was 4.65, but my modest time was beaten by a few defensive ends who were significantly bigger than I more than once. That fellow was just real slow.

dookie1481
03-21-10, 22:49
Jacoby Ford; Clemson Tigers represent:D. He was a Fla HS state champion (10.32 100yd, 21.25 200yd) and ACC track champion (him and CJ Spiller were on the same relay team) in addition to playing football. Ran a 4.2 at the combine. I've seen a reported low 40 time of 4.125 for him. That's just moving.

Great video, Rich has some work to do

All of those times had to be hand-timed.

http://nicktumminello.com/2010/02/nfl-combine-40-yard-dash-times-the-real-truth/

Jay

Icculus
03-22-10, 10:58
All of those times had to be hand-timed.

http://nicktumminello.com/2010/02/nfl-combine-40-yard-dash-times-the-real-truth/

Jay

Yes but if they are all timed the same what does it matter. Its not like some people at the combine were tested electronically and some were tested with people (at least for the people there when it was going on, can't say the same for Rich Eisen's time that was obviously done later). It was probably the same guy standing there with the stop watch all day so there wouldn't be variances in reaction time. Fast is fast.

I will read the link you posted though; just a little pressed for time at the moment:)