PDA

View Full Version : M16/M4/AR-15 Armorer's Course

HLandin
03-22-10, 19:37
I am new to this forum but have enjoyed M16/M4/AR-15s for several years. This past weekend I attended an M16/AR-15 Armorer's Course that I think many other members would have enjoyed.

The course was held Saturday and Sunday by Greg Sully Sullivan but hosted by Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy. Course covered nomenclature and function of various parts for proper operation including differences between semi-automatic/fully automatic/burst. Course also covered common troubles such as failed or out of spec/tolerance parts with examples of what to look for. Included ensuring proper and interlocking operation between trigger, hammer, auto sear, cam, and springs.

Saturday involved complete disassembly and reassembly of the bolt carrier including bolt, gas rings, extractor, ejector (ejector, spring, and detent),and the lower receiver including recoil tube, grip, front and rear takedown pins (pins, springs, and detents), hammer, trigger, bolt release, and magazine release.

Sunday involved complete disassembly and reassembly of the upper receiver including front and rear sights, gas block, gas tube, and barrel (barrel, nut, recoil suppressor/compensator, spring, and snap ring).

Class was very thorough and was held at Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy's conference facility in Central Park, Fredericksburg, VA. In addition to offering classroom instruction (M16/M4/AR-15, glock, and shotgun armorer courses), CCJA also has an 1800 acer outdoor range facility for carbine/rifle, shotgun, and pistol training; military, law-enforcement, and hight threat security contractor training.

11Bravo
03-22-10, 20:43
I took Sully's course last fall and had a great time.
Learned lots.
He's a good guy and good instructor.
I'd recommend one of his classes.
Gotta get in on the shotgun armorer's course.

Six Feet Under
03-23-10, 11:02
I would love to get in on one of these courses... I'll have to check out his site and see what's up.

arizonaranchman
03-23-10, 14:23
I've taken a couple of these and they're excellent. You learn ALOT about your rifle and it's workings. None of it is difficult to do once you've done it and seen it done. You learn to appreciate the AR15 more once you've been thru such a course.

CGSteve
03-23-10, 17:08
Small world! I took the same class provided by Mr. Sullivan a few years ago when he came to York, PA.

seb5
03-23-10, 17:18
Another happy customer. His class is the best in the business. He covers more than some 3 day courses and as much as some 1 week courses. If you want to build your own this a must have class.

NCHornet
03-23-10, 17:33
Fredricksburg isn't all that far from me, do you have a website you can provide for future classes that may be held? Thanks

NCH

HLandin
03-23-10, 18:38
Sully travels all over the country. His website is:

http://www.slr15.com/training.html

Commonwealth Criminal Justice Academy, run by Tom Perroni, is in Fredericksburg. His website is:

http://www.ccjatraining.com/
Be sure to check Tom's calendar, not all the upcoming classes are posted on the homepage.