PDA

View Full Version : Just got my new BCM upper

Showbart
03-22-10, 20:13
Just got my new BCM upper. Man, now I know what you guys are talking about. It's a 5.56mm 14.5" middy std bbl. SEI has a run of drilled/pinned Vortex coming in a week or two so have to wait to assemble/shoot it. The quality is over the top. Fit, finish, tolerances are just stellar. And talk about fast processing, shipping and packing. It's true, UPS can't try all they want to smash it up, but Bravo out foxes them.

Not to mention the hat.

SeriousStudent
03-22-10, 20:51
Yes, I just received my lightweight middy upper as well. More BCM excellence. I like the easier handling - this one is a definite keeper.

And it's my third hat from Paul - hehehehe. ;)

jp0319
03-22-10, 23:57
I am torn between Daniel Defense and BCM both now have 14.5" middys but DD has a CHF barrel and for about the same price as the BCM, I am going to have to make a decision :confused: damn

Stickman
03-23-10, 00:06
I am torn between Daniel Defense and BCM both now have 14.5" middys but DD has a CHF barrel and for about the same price as the BCM, I am going to have to make a decision :confused: damn

I've got a review up of the BCM, check it out and see if it helps either way in your decision.

BCM 14.5" Midlength Upper Receiver Group Review (http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?p=19139#post19139)

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/BCM/STCK0717-1024-Stick.jpg

Showbart
03-23-10, 00:22

You talking stripped barrels, uppers or complete rifles? BCM is out of lowers and I couldn't find a BCM 14.5" middy hammer forged on their site. Looking at DD's site the pricing is a little high compared to BCM. And I couldn't find a middy setup in 14.5". But go on to Gun Broker and you can get a 16" middy DD rifle at a great price.

jp0319
03-23-10, 01:54
Thanks Stick I'll check that out.

Showbart; I am talking complete uppers. You can custom order from DD and with Mil/LE pricing their CHF middy configured closely to the BCM upper is almost the same price. Both are great that is why I am torn between them.

jp0319
03-23-10, 04:37
Stick as usual your pictures are spectacular. The review was good. I went with the DD 14.5" middy built exactly like the BCM except with the CHF barrel, Marler squared me away. I already have an FSC556 at home waiting on me so I came out ahead. Showbart didnt mean to jack your thread I digress.

87GN
03-23-10, 10:48
My BCM 14.5" review, seems like Showbart already saw it.

http://vuurwapenblog.com/2010/03/19/bravo-company-mfg-14-5-midlength-upper-receiver-group/

Showbart
03-23-10, 15:52
Thanks Stick I'll check that out.

Showbart; I am talking complete uppers. You can custom order from DD and with Mil/LE pricing their CHF middy configured closely to the BCM upper is almost the same price. Both are great that is why I am torn between them.

Yeah, I don't qualify for the discount.