PDA

View Full Version : Just joined the M&P club....

GermanSynergy
03-22-10, 21:18
By ordering a M&P 9 C tonight from Grant with Apex sear and striker block.... going to have some Warren sights installed when it arrives. :D:cool:

Next up- M&P 9 PT!

RobMoore
03-22-10, 21:51
Nice :)

Which warren sights are you getting?

I have a set of the 2 dots and like them very much for low-light.

Brother Rat
03-22-10, 22:23
Welcome to the club man!:cool:

BMcDonald7
03-22-10, 22:24
Congrats.

I also ordered an M&P 9c and it should be on its way in the mail. I am going to test out its trigger first and see if I need to order the Apex sear. Depending on how well I shoot it, it may be replacing my HK P2000sk as my primary carry gun. I like the P2000sk but for some reason I don't shoot it as well as my other HK's. Not sure if its the LEM trigger or my grip but for whatever reason I am not happy with my groupings.

markm
03-22-10, 22:27
I hope your kook aid goes down the hatch smoother than mine did! :p

skyugo
03-22-10, 22:56
I hope your kook aid goes down the hatch smoother than mine did! :p

back on the glock koolaid?
:D

i like M&Ps, but i already shoot glocks well, so i don't really see the advantage in trading my hammered glocks+cash for M&Ps. :confused:
that apex sear does result in a pretty nice trigger though...

JHC
03-23-10, 05:51
Enjoy and please report review when you shoot it.

My new Pro 9 is at 1100 rounds no cleaning no lube and has been flawless. My son used it to smoke his old man in a local action pistol match Saturday. It's gonna be tough not to expand the M&P battery.

ICANHITHIMMAN
03-23-10, 06:56
Enjoy I have the M&P40c I took on a trade its the best carry gun I have used thus far. I was at the range yesterday with a friend shooting my 260rem and he was trying to smack clay pigions on the berm at 200 yards with his USP 40. I pulled out the M&P unloaded used some of his target rounds. Looked at him and said now dont get mad and broke the clay on the first shot. LOL got lucky so I stoped there and went back to my rifle.

Jon

a1cobbs
03-23-10, 07:25
I've been seriously thinking about joining this exclusive club lately.
"By ordering a M&P 9 C tonight from Grant with Apex sear and striker block" : Who's this Grant you speak of?
I was pricing the M&P yesterday and it goes for $650 here in NM. Sound about right?

Business_Casual
03-23-10, 07:39
That seems a touch high, but call Grant and ask:

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?display=home

M_P

Kool Aid
03-23-10, 08:53
Congrats.

I also ordered an M&P 9c and it should be on its way in the mail. I am going to test out its trigger first and see if I need to order the Apex sear. Depending on how well I shoot it, it may be replacing my HK P2000sk as my primary carry gun. I like the P2000sk but for some reason I don't shoot it as well as my other HK's. Not sure if its the LEM trigger or my grip but for whatever reason I am not happy with my groupings.

I think you'll like the 9c. As much as I wanted to buy an SK, I found the 9c to be more ergonomic and easier to conceal with its slightly shorter grip (with flat baseplate). The sight radius on the 9c looks about an inch longer than the SK's, as well. The trigger is just OK in stock configuration, but I was surprised to find that it shoots almost as well as my P30.

OldGreg
03-23-10, 10:10
"By ordering a M&P 9 C tonight from Grant with Apex sear and striker block" : Who's this Grant you speak of?
I was pricing the M&P yesterday and it goes for $650 here in NM. Sound about right?

Def. hit modern_pirate's link.. Grant has very impressive prices. So much so, that i'm gonna give him my future business instead of the gun shop that i work at.

John_Wayne777
03-23-10, 12:09
I've been seriously thinking about joining this exclusive club lately.

Grant of G&R can get you a much better price than that. To give you some example, the special edition PT.com M&P came in at 599...and that's with an extra magazine, the PC sear, and Warren sights from the box.

When I need an M&P Grant is the first dude I call.

Biggy
03-23-10, 12:21
When I need an M&P Grant is the first dude I call.

Same here.

GermanSynergy
03-23-10, 12:53
Thank you all for the kind words. I'm going to post when I pick it up and the initial range report when I take it to the NRA range in Fairfax. Gonna break it in with Winchester 9mm NATO and a box of Speer GD 124's.

I'm on the waiting list for the PT M&P 9 and can't wait to pick that thing up! :D

As for the Warren Sights, I'm going with the plain rear and Tritium front dot.

javentre
03-23-10, 16:48
German - we can also break in my PT gun. I picked it up today, along with a Glock slide lock lever w/ spring :p

a1cobbs
03-23-10, 16:58
Thanks for the link Modern Pirate. Now with the money saved I can afford some of those upgrades or extra ammo. Now to dig into the piggy bank.

DamnYank!
03-23-10, 19:07
picked up a 9c recently myself. put a few rounds through it, liked it (although trigger isn't what my G19 is with a rocket disconnector). i've installed the full apex kit and a set of warren sights (trit front only). should be firing with the new gear on it this weekend.

m98evolution
03-23-10, 20:48
^ Let us know how the 9c w/Apex kit compares to the G19 /rocket connector.

Thanks!

DamnYank!
03-23-10, 20:54

Thanks!

dry firing, take up is longer and reset is not as pronounced. break is clean and smooth.

DamnYank!
04-03-10, 18:47

Thanks!

shot it today and it shoots as well for me as teh g19 did, or very close. the trigger still is not as good as the G19 was, but the pistol feels better in my hand and the gun carries/conceals easier. i'm happy with it and look forward to more practice.