PDA

View Full Version : UFC® 111 ST-PIERRE vs HARDY

sadmin
03-23-10, 10:13
I know its a little pre-mature, but im amped for this fight.
Heres my call:

Pierre by dec.
Carwin by TKO (Sorry Frank, I want you to win...)
Ellenberger
Alves by I hope he doesnt kill him...KO
Miller

rob_s
03-23-10, 10:18
I have kind of lost interest of late, I have to say. Was a rabid fan for several years and now I'm kind of ambivalent about the MMA world. but from what I can remember...

I don't think Hardy or Carwin have the experience to deal with GSP or Mir. Both have a lot of potential, but with a seasoned opponent that's not going to make a stupid mistake I think GSP and Mir's experience will count for a lot.

sadmin
03-23-10, 10:22
You have a good point about Carwin, its a toss-up for me. I havent seen Carwins ground, I doubt its on par with Mirs...if they stand up and bang, I dont know...

Im the opposite, I used to catch it when it was on, but now im a fan I was a little thrown by some of the fights lately like Machidas...it seemed almost rigged, which had me worried the sport was taking a dive. I hope Johnny Bones Jones makes into some big fights, I think that guy has some raw talent. Faber's fight should be good as well...

Gombey
03-23-10, 10:25
I agree with the OP down to one point. GSP by knock out. He is a BEAST!!!

OldGreg
03-23-10, 12:12
I agree with the OP down to one point. GSP by knock out. He is a BEAST!!!

GSP is SO GOOD, i find myself rooting against him lately. I'm swear i'm not hating, i'm just hoping someone can find a way to give him a beating, unlike the Serra lucky punch. I know that's gotta sound weird though, lol. I want so see an A.Silva/GSP bout! I don't care who wins... it would be a must-see.

03-23-10, 12:53
GSP by TKO. Carwin by decision. Ellenberger by decision. Alves by TKO. Miller by decision.

Just wish one of the Nogueira's was fighting. These guys are technicians that can bang.

All Hail King Fedor!

Count Chocula
03-23-10, 15:29
I think St Pierre by submission. Hardy is too hard to knock out. Mike Swick is my favorite fighter, so I'm kinda bitter about this fight. Oh well...:(

ZakS
03-23-10, 16:21
I think St Pierre by submission. Hardy is too hard to knock out. Mike Swick is my favorite fighter, so I'm kinda bitter about this fight. Oh well...:(

I agree, if gsp can stop hardy it"ll be via sub. Probably a straight arm bar from side control. as much as i dont like georges, i see him getting another easy UD

Rock Nova
03-23-10, 16:48
HUGE GSP fan here! I'm already pumped for this fight as well!

GSP will do to Hardy what he does to everyone else. He will repeatedly take them down, control them on the ground and eventually pound his way to the victory.

As for the other fights:
Carwin by TKO
Alves by TKO (Fitch is a TOUGH guy to KO as evidenced by his beating from GSP)

And another fight I'm really hoping gets aired is the Rousimar Palhares fight. That guy has some AMAZING bjj.

As for Jon "Bones" Jones (mentioned by sadmin) - I love that guy! I was present at his UFC debut in Minneapolis (UFC 87: GSP vs. Fitch) and I was a fan after the first spinning back fist. He was an instant crowd favorite there and the sky is the limit for this kid.

I have to say my top 3 fighters are:
1. GSP
2. Jon "Bones" Jones
3. Mirko CroCop

mnagant762
03-23-10, 17:10
I like Hardy but I just don't think he's on the same level as GSP so I gotta go with GSP. Personally I can't stand Mir but if the fight goes to the ground I think he'll win. I would also love to see GSP and Anderson Silva that would be insane.

Honu
03-23-10, 22:45
I would also love to see GSP and Anderson Silva that would be insane.

my thoughts also :)

lwoper
03-23-10, 23:10
I am by no means a GSP fan but he wil win by knock out. Like him or not he is on top of his game. When is Anderson Silvas' next fight

BrianS
03-24-10, 04:35
Carwin and Hardy mainly have a puncher's chance, IMO. The statements about Hardy being too hard to knock out don't make any sense to me as I haven't seen him take much punishment in his fights thus far to prove he has a really good chin.

I am interested to see how Mir's new bulk works out for him, he looked freakin huge in the prefight hype stuff I have seen. I hope Mir beats Carwin and goes on to win a rubber match versus Lesnar.

GSP by ground and pound TKO, Mir by submission.

sadmin
03-27-10, 00:23
Alves is out... ? that sucks... good thing for Fitch.

LockenLoad
03-27-10, 09:37
my thoughts also :)

couple of weight class differences, Silva would kill him with his reach

LockenLoad
03-27-10, 09:38
if Mir had not had the bad accident that almost ended his career, I think he would be the champ, I hope he wins and then breaks Lesnar's leg, in the title match

nolacola
03-27-10, 09:55
Carwin and Hardy mainly have a puncher's chance, IMO. The statements about Hardy being too hard to knock out don't make any sense to me as I haven't seen him take much punishment in his fights thus far to prove he has a really good chin.

I am interested to see how Mir's new bulk works out for him, he looked freakin huge in the prefight hype stuff I have seen. I hope Mir beats Carwin and goes on to win a rubber match versus Lesnar.

GSP by ground and pound TKO, Mir by submission.

Pretty much my thoughts too. Mir has put on a massive amount of weight, and I'm pretty sure losing to Lesnar has made the guy somewhat insane. As bad as Mir wants the rematch with Lesnar and as seasoned and skilled as he is I really don't see him losing. I'm more excited about this fight than I am GSP.

I really haven't seen anything from Hardy to even suggest he has much of a chance against GSP.

Dozer
03-27-10, 10:17
Shane Carwin has insane knockout power. It would be smarter for Mir to take it to the ground and use his jiu-jitsu. I'm sure he will want to stand and bang with Shane in the begining but as soon as he catches a couple my guess is he will want to take it to the ground.

nolacola
03-27-10, 10:17
I agree, I think if he does lose it will be because he is overconfident in his increased size and tries to stand and bang with Carwin.

Dozer
03-27-10, 10:24
The GSP/Hardy is a different story. I see that fight going the same way the BJ Penn/Sanchez fight. Hardy doesn't have the experience or ground game to stop GSP.

sadmin
03-28-10, 00:24
WOW!!! My hats off to Hardy...what a brawler!! Good Fight.

Dozer
03-28-10, 00:29
Yeah, the guys doesn't know how to quit. It was a great card. Shane Carwin is a freaking stud. I can't wait to see him destroy Lessnar.