PDA

View Full Version : Surefire X200 remote switch?

JAYTEAM
04-23-07, 21:04
I received my Surefire X200A in the mail last week. I have it mounted on my Glock 19. Would you add a remote activation switch? If so, would you use a DG or SL series switch from Surefire?

Jay

M4Guru
04-23-07, 21:16
I use a DG switch with good results, but I wish there was a system disable on it. When you grip the gun, the light comes on.

C4IGrant
04-24-07, 08:04
I received my Surefire X200A in the mail last week. I have it mounted on my Glock 19. Would you add a remote activation switch? If so, would you use a DG or SL series switch from Surefire?

Jay

Like M4G, I like the DEVGRU switch on the X200 as well and is what I use.

C4

G19 with X200B & DG-11
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/Grant's%20weapons/G19%20X200B%20CT1.JPG

Luckystiff
05-08-07, 01:32
I learned in the Surefire Low-Light Instructors course that you can break the SL switch by accident if you press on both sides at once. Not a big deal unless you let someone who does not know this handle your light.

My department issues ever officer a SIG P226R with a X200B and DG switch. We love them.

John Hearne
05-08-07, 22:50
I bought an X200B when they first came out. I tried it and didn't like how I had to break my firing grip to activate the light. The X200 sat in a drawer until I bought the DG switch. The DG changed everything. I've got a holster on order so that I an carry the X200 on my pistol.

KevinB
05-10-07, 15:33
M4Guru's complaint is very common -- with the DG switch -- a LOT of Light ND's -- two units I know have withdrawn them from their weapons.

I've gone back to using my left thumb for pressure on the X200.

LukeMacGillie
05-10-07, 17:07
M4Guru's complaint is very common -- with the DG switch -- a LOT of Light ND's -- two units I know have withdrawn them from their weapons.

I've gone back to using my left thumb for pressure on the X200.

That really is what makes the SF lights better than the M3, that forward pressure to turn them on.

I dont like to carry my pistol with the light attached for everyday CCW. But I do like to have the light on my belt if things go haywire and I need a light.

KevinB
05-11-07, 02:20
The funny thing the DG on the Sig P226R which was the issue in question -- I find a lot easier to ND than the G19 one.

Luke -- I try not to mention Insight Lights and SureFire ones in the same sentence ;) -- I've never had good luck with IT's Lights -- I love their IR stuff, but I have 6 X200A's and 2 B's plus at least 20 other SF ligths from the old school 600 Classic and the 500 handguard light - to the newer stuff.

I've been happy with the Blade-Tech IWB's for my G19 and 1911 with ligths.

LukeMacGillie
05-11-07, 04:33
The funny thing the DG on the Sig P226R which was the issue in question -- I find a lot easier to ND than the G19 one.

Luke -- I try not to mention Insight Lights and SureFire ones in the same sentence ;) -- I've never had good luck with IT's Lights -- I love their IR stuff, but I have 6 X200A's and 2 B's plus at least 20 other SF ligths from the old school 600 Classic and the 500 handguard light - to the newer stuff.

I've been happy with the Blade-Tech IWB's for my G19 and 1911 with ligths.

I will have to check out a B-T IWB holster, I was not happy with my OWB one from them for 1911/X200

VA_Dinger
05-11-07, 12:18
I keep a DG-11 (Devgru) on the wife's G19. If she ever had to pull it out of the nightstand I want it VERY easy for her to identify what she’s aiming at. I’m going to install a set of the Crimson Trace G19 grips for the same reason one of these days.

I can understand why certain Mil & LE units dislike them though because it's virtually impossible to stop all white light ND's when using one for any length of time.

That being said, for a HD or CCW gun white light ND's are not much of an issue. If it's coming out of the holster it's an emergency and white light ND's would be the last worry on my mind.

My G19, but the grip tape is history now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/va_dinger/2004_0117Glock190001.jpg

the1911fan
05-14-07, 20:33
After attending the night training (really dark in Appalachia dark) I have already gotten rid of the pressure switch for my X200...one of the first things I did when I got home. Thanks Ken and Larry for the great training class. Learned much that I will use instructing our officers. Also getting a CT laser after seeing what it can add to the toolbox

Derek_Connor
06-15-07, 13:26
I also ditched the DG switch for my X200. I couldn't develope a system, didn't feel comfortable using the thumb, tried running a modified grip..with no luck...