PDA

View Full Version : Conservatives in Hollyweird.....?

jaxman7
03-23-10, 18:16
This forum has become therapeutic after a long day of being the boss. Enjoy talking to y'all. Anyway here is a random thought but I am curious about it. Does anyone know who the conservatives are in Hollywood? I can name four right off the top of my head. They are Tom Selleck, Patricia Heaton (of Everybody Loves Raymond fame),Kelsey Grammar, and Dennis Miller. Bruce Willis is a possible candidate just because of a comment he made right after a trip to Iraq. Know of anyone else?

tracker722
03-23-10, 18:29

jaxman7
03-23-10, 18:41
Jon Voight, forgot about him. I listened to him at a tea party and he just railed on the current administration.

theblackknight
03-23-10, 18:42
Gary Sinise.

GermanSynergy
03-23-10, 18:43
Gary Sinise.

Stand up guy that has done alot for the military.

mrbieler
03-23-10, 18:52
I know a few. Hang out with a few writers who are conservative and have done major projects. Definitely in the minority.

Some actors who come to mind:

Stephen Baldwin
Gerald McRaney
Craig T Nelson
Ben Stein
Danny Aiello
Bruce Boxleitner
Drew Carey

jvencius
03-23-10, 19:08
Foxnews had a story about politically active Hollywood types not that long ago and IIRC the non-hippie-communist list included Robert Downey, Jr. and Elizabeth Hasslebeck. I suppose you could chalk R. Lee Ermey up on that list but how could ANYONE forget Chuck Norris since behind his beard isn't a chin, it's another fist...:p:p

jaxman7
03-23-10, 19:24
Gary Sinise.

Yeh, Sinese has done a bunch for the military. Forgot about him as well.

travistheone
03-23-10, 19:28
David Spade bought duty rifles for some police department.

ZDL
03-23-10, 19:29

jaxman7
03-23-10, 19:35
I just wonder how many conservatives in that business are introverted about their political views for fear of getting less work.

theblackknight
03-23-10, 19:36
Marky mark hasnt been confirmed yet. He was born in Mass, to a korean vet father, but his dad was also a teamster. I would like to think he's a red state guy, but hes not very political.

RogerinTPA
03-23-10, 19:51
Marky mark hasnt been confirmed yet. He was born in Mass, to a korean vet father, but his dad was also a teamster. I would like to think he's a red state guy, but hes not very political.

I used to think that, but Marky Mark AKA Mark Wallberg, has made some very anti-war AND anti-gun statements in very public events...The Academy Awards and MTV Music Awards...

jaxman7
03-23-10, 20:04
Bored and did some fishing around. Here are two quotes from Wahlberg:

"Well, I would love it if they could take all the guns away. Unfortunately, you can't do that so you hope that good people in the world have them to protect the people who can't protect themselves"

AND...

" Certainly, I haven't used a gun anywhere other than on a movie set and I'd like to see if we could take them all away. It would be a beautiful thing"

And this guy played Bob Lee Swaggert. Isn't it just amazing how many of these guys glorify firearms on the big screen yet condemn them in their personal life? That just kills me thinking about that.

m4fun
03-23-10, 20:11
Marky Mark also put down Charlton Heston during the filming of terrible remake of Planet of the Apes.

Jerry Doyle(Babylon 5)
Fred Grandy(Gopher on the Love Boat) - was also a congressman and on local radio here in the AM

I thought Stallone was at one time - but not sure now.

chadbag
03-23-10, 20:28
I think Robert Conrad (James T West, Pappy Boyington) is Conservative. The link below tends to confirm it (not strongly). I heard him back in the 90s on, I think it was Gordon Liddy's radio program, and he was very 2A supportive in the interview.

http://www.answers.com/topic/robert-conrad

kerryp
03-23-10, 20:38
Here is a link to a list i found googling conservative hollywood stars. i was trying to remember Angie Harmons name (conservative, and I would guess Mark may be as well, but don't know).

Actually a pretty long list and gives me hope that not all stars are libtards....

http://rightwingnation.com/2005/11/16/conservative-hollywood-stars/

Heavy Metal
03-23-10, 20:52
Bruce Boxleitner and Jerry Doyle.

PrivateCitizen
03-23-10, 20:55
Adam Baldwin (Animal Mother- FMJ, Jayne Cobb - Firefly, John Casey - Chuck)

He even writes for BigHollywood. Great fellow!

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/author/abaldwin/

CarlosDJackal
03-23-10, 21:25

Far from it. If memory serves me right, believe he made anti-gun and deragatory remarks about Charlton Heston and the NRA while the filming the remake of the Planet of the Apes (2001).

woodandsteel
03-23-10, 23:54
Robert Duvall was on the O'reilly factor a while back. Bill O'Reilly made a big deal out of how successful someone as conservative as Robert Duvall could be in Holly Wood.

Angie Harmon is also pretty conservative.

As far as Dennis Miller is concerned, it is interesting to note that he is a conservative convert. 9-11 changed his way of thinking. It also turned the late Ron Silver into a conservative.

xrayoneone
03-24-10, 00:00
Robert Downey Jr. saw the light and became conservative during his stay in the clink. Iron Man was awesome, Iron Man 2 looks promising.

bruce_hxc
03-24-10, 00:08
Vince Vaughn

I had a hint that he was after watching Couples Retreat (the scene in which he goes for his gun in particular).

GermanSynergy
03-24-10, 01:12
Vince Vaughn

I had a hint that he was after watching Couples Retreat (the scene in which he goes for his gun in particular).

The Sig P226? That was a terrible movie, BTW.....

Irish
03-24-10, 01:26
Far from it. If memory serves me right, believe he made anti-gun and deragatory remarks about Charlton Heston and the NRA while the filming the remake of the Planet of the Apes (2001).

You are correct, Mark Wahlberg is a dickhead.

However, Charlton Heston was also a big proponent of the 1968 Gun Control Act and was no friend to the 2nd Amendment for many, many years. His anti-2nd Amendment history is often neglected to be mentioned in polite NRA circles.

bruce_hxc
03-24-10, 01:51
The Sig P226? That was a terrible movie, BTW.....

Aye. Thought it was a Sig, but couldn't remember.

PRGGodfather
03-24-10, 03:01

Yup, he is very anti-gun. I believe he has admitted having committed some strong arm robberies in his youth, and may even have a felony conviction.

There was a time when virtually everyone in Hollywood was what we might consider today as conservative. When John Wayne died, our heroes were replaced by "wounded warriors," and that's why and when Sly Stallone became an action star.

Unfortunately, TODAY -- the media attracts libtards -- no question about it, whether it's journalism, TV, movies or set dressing. Just something about the artistic sensibility and other artsy craftsy nonsense. They all want to make the world just a little more beautiful, and that doesn't make them bad folks -- even if lacking in substance at times.

After all, it's really easy to talk smack about conservative politics, when you live in a castle in Italy for more than six months at a time to avoid US income tax.

John Milius is still around, and that's a conservative's conservative if ever there was one.

FMJ556
03-24-10, 08:04
Ted Nugent has been one most outspoken Conservatives in show business for a long time.

skyugo
03-24-10, 11:48
Isn't marky mark and bruce willis of the conservative-ish mind?

And of course, Chuck Norris.

Jeremy Clarkson.

clarkson? the british fella? that's cool... he always struck me as rather libertarian... they've done a few top gear episodes involving firearms. i think all mechanically minded people are interested in guns on some level.

glocktogo
03-24-10, 12:34
Does anyone know Michael Mann's political leanings? I know he always makes top notch gun guy movies. If Michael Mann is the director I usually see the movie.

Rider79
03-24-10, 14:12
Although he's a Democrat and friends with that ****tard Damon, Ben Affleck has made some positive statements about the 2nd. I remember him being interviewed by O'Reilly around the 2004 elections and when he was asked about some items in the Dem platform he didn't support the first he mentioned was their lack of support for the 2nd Amendment.

And he's a great tipper.

PrivateCitizen
03-24-10, 15:16
I can't find anything to verify this, so I am only going off rumor. But, I believe he is anti-gun. Not sure about any other conservative views. But I believe he is anti-gun. Which is ironic when you look at some of his movies.

It would be generally advisable not to repeat a rumor if you can't verify it.

Heh, now more then ever …

decodeddiesel
03-24-10, 15:17
Jeremy Clarkson.

People think he lives on the Isle of Man because of their lack of speed limits, when in fact the actual reason is because he is allowed to own his guns there. Rumor is he has a heck of a collection.

ForTehNguyen
03-24-10, 15:24
Angelina Jolie i heard was conservative. Jon Voight is also. Drew Carey, Penn & Teller are Libertarian leaning.

Brad Pitt is hard Dem LOL

glocktogo
03-24-10, 16:21
People think he lives on the Isle of Man because of their lack of speed limits, when in fact the actual reason is because he is allowed to own his guns there. Rumor is he has a heck of a collection.

As a car and gun enthusiast, he's good to go in my book!

ZDL
03-24-10, 20:41

woodandsteel
03-24-10, 21:36
It would be generally advisable not to repeat a rumor if you can't verify it.

Heh, now more then ever …

You are correct. Couldn't find it anywhere. So I deleted my response. I didn't expect the whole post to vanish.

DrMark
03-25-10, 10:34
Adam Baldwin (Animal Mother- FMJ, Jayne Cobb - Firefly, John Casey - Chuck)

He even writes for BigHollywood. Great fellow!

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/author/abaldwin/

Very cool...

dirksterg30
03-25-10, 11:34
clarkson? the british fella? that's cool... he always struck me as rather libertarian... they've done a few top gear episodes involving firearms. i think all mechanically minded people are interested in guns on some level.

I loved the TopGear biathlon episode - a 4WD Audi and an MP5 - http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-biathlon_179403.htm