PDA

View Full Version : Sling mount question

CGoodwin
03-25-10, 13:03
Hello all!
I recently purchased a DPMS LR-308 that came equipped with an excellent JP/VTAC modular handguard. I have already mounted a rifle length top rail on it. My question is on mounting a sling. I have a padded two point BFG Larry Vickers sling with QD attachments at both ends that I love. The DPMS already has a swivel stud mounted to the rail. If it is possible to somehow find an adapter to mount the QD to the swivel stud, it would be great! Otherwise, I'll need to get a 2" rail section and attach a DD QD sling mount to it. Let me know if you have any thoughts!
Thanks,
Chris

Joeywhat
03-25-10, 13:09
Assuming the .308 VTAC tube is similar to the AR-15 version (and I think it is) then you can try what I use. I run a Blue Force wire loop sling mount through the vents in the tube. I run mine near the front but you can mount it anywhere. It does move around a bit however I find that to be quite useful as the sling will move where it needs to and doesn't bind up.

It won't be QD unless you use a plastic quick release buckle right there. You just run the sling material through the wire loop mount. I think it costs about $20, so it's cheap, too.

Slippers
03-25-10, 14:34
If you have the top rail on the jp/vtac tube, you can use one of the low profile sling mounts from vtac: http://vikingtactics.com/prod_vtac_lpsm.html

It puts the QD socket facing the side when mounted on the top rail, and weighs less than using a short rail section plus DD QD mount.

CGoodwin
03-25-10, 16:09
Wow! That looks great! Now I wish that I had not just ordered the 2" rail section.
Thanks!