PDA

View Full Version : Need some help from you Alabama guys

TOrrock
03-26-10, 18:02
I have a friend who's down in AL who is a very novice shooter. She's about to purchase a S&W M&P 9C and I'd like to point her in the direction of someone who doesn't have their head up their ass for instruction.

She's in the Lanett area, but would probably be willing to travel a little bit.

I'd really appreciate some contact info for some switched on people who can give some instruction.

Thanks in advance.

PT Doc
03-26-10, 18:23
PM inbound

TOrrock
03-26-10, 18:43
PM inbound

Got it man, thanks, that seems to be what I need.

jaxman7
03-26-10, 19:24
Templar I live in Mississippi which I know is on the other side of Alabama but my instructor in MS is really outstanding. Training specialties is carbine, handgun, and shotgun. If I am too far I highly recommend Tiger McKee's classes. He is near the Huntsville area and is top notch. Hope I could help. My instructor on MS has a website, elitearms.com and Tiger's website is shootright.org. Tiger and Clint Smith from Thunder Ranch have MUCH in common as far as training.

msstate56
03-27-10, 14:22
Double post

msstate56
03-27-10, 14:29
I will also give a great reccomendation for Tiger McKee who runs Shootrite firearms academy. I have spoken to him and taken instruction from him last year at the AL state ACEOA pistol championship last year (I came in 3rd). He is a very down to earth instructor, and he definately knows what he is talking about. He has a great professional attitude, but doesn't talk down to you either. His website :http://shootrite.org

gan1hck
05-10-10, 18:44
Just finished his defensive pistol class.

WELL worth the $$$$....

He's one squared away person.

ArmoredSheepdog
05-17-10, 05:52
Got it man, thanks, that seems to be what I need.

Did your friend wind up going to the Shootrite class? I just found out about them from this thread, turns out they are just 50 miles away from me. Might look in to taking a June defensive pistol class.

JHC
05-17-10, 06:56
I'm not familiar with that town in AL - whether its north central or south AL but Tom Givens at Rangemaster in Memphis is a fine instructor.

I have to repeat this it was so good. During his classroom section on sighted vs point shooting, and the PS argument that one "can't" use their sights under extreme pressure: "Put your front sight on the SOB and shoot the muther****er. I've done it. It's not that ****in' hard!!!"