PDA

View Full Version : Bianchi Accumold?

SoDak
03-26-10, 21:03
I've been building a sort of war belt using a 2" patrol belt as a base and I'm thinking my m12 holster has to go if I'm going to be serious about this. I was looking at a bianchi accumold cruiser duty holster since it looks about like what I wanted, however, I don't really have enough experience with holsters(or employing handguns in general) to know if buying the accumold is a good idea. Can anybody guide me on this?

ETA. Got in a hurry and forgot to say this is for a glock 17 and here's a link to said holster.
http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/Prod.php?TxtModelID=7105

Oscar 319
03-27-10, 06:08
Accumold is very good, durable equipment.

As far a handgun holsters, there are better options. I have Safariland and Blade Tech hosters attatched to my Accumold. The holster you are looking at is not a bad holster, but it's not a very good one either (IMO). It rides super high and very close to the body, which is a huge problem if any body armor is worn.

At this point, I think the Safariland ALS series (attatched to Accumold belts) is the bee knees.

SoDak
03-27-10, 09:16
Thanks for the advice. What model of ALS are you using? I took a look and they seem like they might be what I want. Also, you mentioned Blade Tech holsters. Could you please tell me more about them?

NMBigfoot02
03-27-10, 12:43
I have one of these that I used for my BHP. It's a sturdy holster, but it's not designed to conceal the gun at all. It is what it is: a duty holster. It's good for protecting the gun and giving you positive retention.

I've used it when hunting and it retains the holster very well and is quite durable. I would prefer it over a flap holster if that is what you're comparing it to.

Oscar 319
03-27-10, 15:17
Thanks for the advice. What model of ALS are you using? I took a look and they seem like they might be what I want. Also, you mentioned Blade Tech holsters. Could you please tell me more about them?

Currently, as far as "used with Accumold gear" (on my dult belts) goes, the ALS I am using a 6325 (for an M&P45 W/X300). This holster has a 1.5" drop from the belt. Good for clearing armor, bad for sitting in cars. Great holster. Highly recommended.

In the Blade-tech I use a WRS with an SR loop for a Glock 22 w/light. Though not a bad holster, it has its problems.

-Loctite the shit out it or you'll loose screws (as recommended by Blade Tech).
-The WRS release works, however, it has one critical flaw. The release requires an inward motion toward the body. If anything gets between the hoster and the belt line (coats and jackets), it prevents the inward motion, thus preventing the hood from releasing.
-Blade-tech holsters are also hard on some guns finishes. There is no noticable wear on my Glock. My friend, who has the same holster, stopped using his because it was marring the finish on his SA MC Operator.
+ On the plus side, Blade-tech makes this holster in damned near any gun/light combo you could come up with.
+ It is durable. I am extremely rough on my gear. It has survived daily carry and abuse for a couple years.