PDA

View Full Version : BM LPK any good?

99HMC4
03-27-10, 00:26
Ive never used them, $70 locally and a friend wants to use it for a new build. Should he try it or stay clear? I told him go with with Grants but hes got "I want it now" gitters....

C4IGrant
03-27-10, 06:59
Ive never used them, $70 locally and a friend wants to use it for a new build. Should he try it or stay clear? I told him go with with Grants but hes got "I want it now" gitters....

No good.

C4

99HMC4
03-27-10, 10:47
Roger that, Ill send him your way...;)

USAGOLD
03-27-10, 13:43
Look at Rock River Arms Lower Parts kits.

I have used and sold several. Great kit

my 2 cents

lil'Zeus
03-27-10, 13:51
Interesting post, what really seperates one LPK from another? besides maybe 20 bucks or so...what in the kit makes it better...

Thanks, not trying to hi-jack here, but thought the clarification might help the thread...

C4IGrant
03-27-10, 14:08
Interesting post, what really seperates one LPK from another? besides maybe 20 bucks or so...what in the kit makes it better...

Thanks, not trying to hi-jack here, but thought the clarification might help the thread...

Let's put some things in perspective when discussing LPK's. There are only TWO LPK's that meet the Govt's reqs and only ONE is available for purchase. They are Colt and FN.

Third (on my list for quality) is LMT.

Everything else is ALWAYS going to be hit and miss. For instance, some people have great luck with RRA, BM, Stag, etc. Some do not.

Typically speaking, the above companies are ALWAYS trying to cut corners. Manufacturers with a .Mil contract have a standard that they HAVE to follow. This is why their LPK's are always going to be the best.

C4

lil'Zeus
03-27-10, 14:22
Grant~
Thank you for that, I didn't know if it was something specific or not.

99HMC4
03-27-10, 16:36
Look at Rock River Arms Lower Parts kits.

I have used and sold several. Great kit

my 2 cents

The last 3 RRA LPK I held and looked at were HORRIBLE! I would rather use PDMS than those, fit and finish sucked big time. Im not saying they are all like this but the last 3 I saw I would touch with a 12 foot pole....

TxSoldier
03-27-10, 16:44
So I'm gonna show my ignorance.......so Colt is the only one available for purchase that meets govt. requirements?

fdxpilot
03-27-10, 18:51
Of course, C4IGrant makes a pretty good lower parts kit, himself (at least when he has all those individual parts in stock.)

BTW - Loving the DD lower you built me.

99HMC4
03-27-10, 19:41
So I'm gonna show my ignorance.......so Colt is the only one available for purchase that meets govt. requirements?

If you get lucky you can find them or the parts at Brownells. I just dont feel like paying $200.00 for a LPK right now...

Showbart
03-28-10, 15:22
Sp what LPKs are in BCM & DD complete lowers? Did I read that all BCM complete lowers are distributed thru Grant?

C4IGrant
03-28-10, 16:09

Other's may meet the Govt spec, but I think it would be by accident.

C4

C4IGrant
03-28-10, 16:12
Sp what LPKs are in BCM & DD complete lowers? Did I read that all BCM complete lowers are distributed thru Grant?

DD and BCM are going to purchase parts from several different companies (like we do).

We are the distr. for BCM lowers.

C4

sniperfrog
03-28-10, 18:45
My work gun is a Bushmaster (not my choice but I don't have an option). We probably have several hundred Bushmasters that get the shit shot outta them. I've seen alot of issues such as broken bolts and various malfunctions from weak extractors etc... As much as I don't like Bushmaster I can say that I've never seen a problem with the lower parts.

shadow65
03-28-10, 19:21
I've never had a problem with LPK's in my Bushy's but for a build I use Rock River. You couldn't give me a DPMS LPK.

C4IGrant
03-29-10, 08:35
My work gun is a Bushmaster (not my choice but I don't have an option). We probably have several hundred Bushmasters that get the shit shot outta them. I've seen alot of issues such as broken bolts and various malfunctions from weak extractors etc... As much as I don't like Bushmaster I can say that I've never seen a problem with the lower parts.

They may never break. It is usually an issue of fit quality and performance. How do their FCG's feel? Are their selectors wide enough to accept 2 stage triggers. Etc, etc, etc.

C4

sniperfrog
03-29-10, 11:31
They may never break. It is usually an issue of fit quality and performance. How do their FCG's feel? Are their selectors wide enough to accept 2 stage triggers. Etc, etc, etc.

C4

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I personally would never bother with a Bushy LPK ( I use G&R LPKs :)) As far as the FCGs, the Bushmasters feel about like others I've used from other Mfgs. But the fit issue is a big one if your installing it yourself. I had a buddy who bought a cheap kit gun and I installed the LPK for him. Nothing wanted to go together. Took alot of massaging.

-gary
03-31-10, 16:38
I have 4 of Grant's kits, 3 CMMG and 1 complete ADS lower right now. Many others before. There is no comparison in the quality of Grant's compared to the rest. The feel of the non-binding safety with positive clicks to the smooth release. You can literally feel the difference without pulling out a mic. That's not even taking into account the reliability of a proven combo.

I had to replace the springs and detents on the CMMG kits just to be able to use the safety without a cheater bar and even still it takes considerable effort.

AEROX711
03-31-10, 17:09
Not to get too far off topic... but while you're here talking about them Grant... I've been waiting for yours to come back in stock. ETA??

99HMC4
03-31-10, 17:28
Not in stock? I need to order one as well Grant. ETA?

brianc3
03-31-10, 17:46
Not to get flamed here but I did use a DPMS LPK once and everything fit great, no mods or filing or parts "mashing" to get everything in. Maybe I just got a good one.

C4IGrant
03-31-10, 19:33
Not in stock? I need to order one as well Grant. ETA?

We should have them this week.

C4

99HMC4
03-31-10, 19:36
Cool, I need one for my personal SBR...;)

AEROX711
03-31-10, 21:40
Good. Been waiting about a week for them personally Grant and that's too long! :p

C4IGrant
04-01-10, 09:00
We appreciate the interest in our LPK's and hope to have them back in stock shortly.

C4

TehLlama
04-02-10, 19:18
Colt, FN, DD, BCM, G&R, WOA are my choices, period.

If you're budget minded, G&R or WOA are unbeatable, especially if you're adding an aftermarket trigger, and MagPul grip.

DPMS, CMT make good stuff, but without the ability to screen for minor issues before installing, I'll pay a bit more for a nicer LPK - especially with lowers, buy ONCE.... well you know the deal.

C4IGrant
04-03-10, 13:40
Our LPK's are now back in stock.

C4

shadow65
04-03-10, 14:48
Never tried one from Grant but I'll give it a shot on my next build.

99HMC4
04-03-10, 23:10

C4

Sweet...:D

AEROX711
04-05-10, 13:28

C4

Ordered and waiting for arrival. Thanks for the notification email!

ZdvM4
04-05-10, 16:01
Ordered mine too, glad they're back in. I've been looking for a good quality lpk and can't wait to get one of Grants!:D

Alex V
04-06-10, 10:15
Ordered and waiting for arrival. Thanks for the notification email!

Got the e-mail this weekend as well and placed my order!

Thanks for the heads up Grant!

This will be my first ever build, I feel a little more confident knowing that the LPK I will be using is one that people trust in both its reliability and ease of install due to in-spec parts. Can't wait to get started!