PDA

View Full Version : South Miss./Louisiana Group

Pages : [1] 2

l3mon
03-27-10, 07:05
Want to get a SOUTHERN Mississippi slash Louisiana group.

Basically looking for people to hang out with, shoot with, have some beers, talk shit with.

So if your in the area and interested post up and lemme know!

parishioner
03-27-10, 13:50
Im down. We should try to generate interest for an M4C training group in the region. Im either in Mandeville, LA or Hattiesburg, MS.

l3mon
03-27-10, 18:46
Thats the plan!!

parishioner
03-27-10, 19:10
Thats the plan!!

My bad. I wasn't sure if you meant just a shooting group or a shooting group with a M4C regional training group page. Ill try to PM some people I know are close to see if they are interested.

spankaveli
03-27-10, 19:24
There is definitely a dedicated group of shooters in this area so I'm sure this would be an excellent idea.

There are other resources available as well. You might check the link in my signature.

Jay Cunningham
03-27-10, 19:28
If you guys get together, make it happen, and post an AAR with pics I can just about guarantee you that you'll have earned your own forum.

l3mon
03-27-10, 20:05
My bad. I wasn't sure if you meant just a shooting group or a shooting group with a M4C regional training group page. Ill try to PM some people I know are close to see if they are interested.

I wasn't trying to be an ass sorry if it came off that way..

and yeah thats the goal is to get something up and running either soon or in the near future..

rob_s
03-27-10, 21:55
You can have ours. Nobody is using it. :(

jaxman7
03-27-10, 22:11
This would be GREAT fellas. I am just obsessed with this kind of stuff. Yet almost everyone I know who loves guns is obsessed with bagging the biggest buck, not the fastest split times or a quick speed reload. It would be great to have a regional group to get together. I am always around the Hattiesburg, MS area so please let me know. PM me for my email or cell. Cheers, Jax

Jay Cunningham
03-27-10, 22:43
You can have ours. Nobody is using it. :(

It is just barely springtime so people are just poking their heads out of their holes. If there's no activity by the end of the summer then we'll re-evaluate.

nolacopusmc
03-27-10, 23:34
Count me in.

Hammar
03-27-10, 23:45
Sounds good. Interested.

rob_s
03-28-10, 08:10
It is just barely springtime so people are just poking their heads out of their holes. If there's no activity by the end of the summer then we'll re-evaluate.

Remember this is FL, we're like Australia and our shooting season is the opposite of yours. :p Our attendance will start to taper off now as it gets hotter out. By May we'll be at 75% attendance at best. Rain and heat will keep people home much more so than "cold" that we don't get. ;)

David Thomas
03-28-10, 13:31
you guys are too far south...

But seems like there are more shooters down there and too many bubba's up here in North LA.

l3mon
03-29-10, 01:55
you guys are too far south...

But seems like there are more shooters down there and too many bubba's up here in North LA.

Well if we gave you enough notice would you join us?

and just as an FYI i dont get back until mid-may, i mean you guys can start without me just sayin lol

anyways i guess we should start picking out a location, you guys wanna do a meet-and-greet first or a range day first?

that would be the nest order of business i suppose :confused:

personally i think we should do a meet-and-greet thing.. theres always that one :rolleyes:

l3mon
04-07-10, 23:43
bump it

David Thomas
04-08-10, 05:59
Well if we gave you enough notice would you join us?

Sure.

jaxman7
04-08-10, 08:47
I'd really like to get this ball rolling fellas. The first thing we need to do is make the rally point. So just as a 'show of hands', tell me what major town in South MS./LA. do each of you live closest too? New Orleans, Gulfport, Hattiesburg, etc. If we could tally up the easiest place for the majority of us to meet up then we can go from there setting up a time and place. As for myself I am a stones throw from Hattiesburg. L3mon are you still OCONUS?

Hammar
04-08-10, 10:20
I am just west of New Orleans.

jaxman7
04-08-10, 10:56
Thanks Hammar. OK one vote N.O., one vote Hattiesburg.

l3mon
04-08-10, 17:50
I'm in gulfport

and yes still oconus til around may, but like i said i can jump in whenever..

we can always move the rally point for differnt days so its closer for some people at least once or twice.

jaxman7
04-08-10, 17:53
Cool, OK:
1 New Orleans
1 Hattiesburg
1 Gulfport

BR870
04-09-10, 17:20
I'm in BR. I'm in... Wife's got family in Ocean Springs, so we get that direction quite often.

jaxman7
04-09-10, 18:16
Alright:
1. N.O.
1. Hattiesburg
2. Gulfport/Ocean Springs

ucrt
04-09-10, 18:29
I'm in Baton Rouge area also. I'm interested.

BR870
04-09-10, 19:03
Change my count to Baton Rouge. I only mentioned Ocean Springs to say I don't mind traveling out that far. But I live here in Baton Rouge....

jaxman7
04-09-10, 19:37
Roger that bud:
2 Red Stick
1 N.O.
1 Hattiesburg
1 Gulfport

David Thomas
04-09-10, 22:29
I would go to BR before NO or anywhere any MISS. So, I guess my vote (if I get one) is Baton Rouge

IrishDevil
04-09-10, 23:07
I'm in Gulfport, but depending on my schedule I can travel.

cl2
04-10-10, 11:45
I'm interested in joining in. I live in Baton Rouge.

jaxman7
04-10-10, 18:16
3 Baton Rouge
2 Gulfport
1 Hattiesburg
1 New Orleans

FishingFool
04-11-10, 11:07
Deleted

parishioner
04-11-10, 12:45
New Orleans for me.

l3mon
04-11-10, 18:42
In. However the more important question is where to shoot.

I was thinking like honeys.. in Slidell.. seems an in between for most everyone..

jaxman7
04-11-10, 19:02
Alright guys I've got a total of 10 people. Pretty good number if we are 100% for the day at the range.

l3mon-gulfport

br870,ucrt,c12-Baton Rouge (and David Thomas possible Baton Rouge)

jman4427,nolcopusmc,and hammar-New Orleans

jaxman7-Hattiesburg

Fishingfool where are you located at man?

Did I leave anyone out?

I checked out Honey Island shooting range and it looks pretty good. www.honeyisland.org

Rife range (unsure of distance seems to be 100 yards)
Pistol range

It is located near the Honey Island swamp. I am guessing Honey Island is what about 15 miles North East of Slidell?

BR870
04-11-10, 19:32
My major gripes w/Honey Island.

A. Will not allow us to do anything other than shoot from the line at fixed range. While nothing wrong with that, its not the best location to work on skillset.

B. requires a valid LA Hunting/Fishing license.

jaxman7
04-11-10, 20:40
Good to know br870. Anybody else have any ideas on a location that allows the type of training we want to do?

FishingFool
04-11-10, 22:46
Deleted

jaxman7
04-12-10, 00:00
Hey isn't Magpul doing a class in Kenner? They may have already done it this year. I'll have to do some research and see if we could go to that range.

parishioner
04-12-10, 00:02
Hey isn't Magpul doing a class in Kenner? They may have already done it this year. I'll have to do some research and see if we could go to that range.

I think that might have been at a police range but Im not sure.

l3mon
04-12-10, 00:04
I'm in new orleans.

Honey island sucks for training. Can't draw from holster in addition to things mentioned. Sherburn WMA is open to public no R.O.'s but no facilities, no targets, no nothing. gotta bring everything yourself. however, that'll be a heck of a drive for ms guys.

shit i'd drive 3 hours for a range day! i can build stands and shit.. thats easy.. could start a "fund" for everyone too.. to buy targets and such..

jaxman7
04-12-10, 00:13
Correction, Robert LA, not Kenner. Look in Training section under Magpul Dynamics and there is an AAR of the class.

parishioner
04-12-10, 00:32
I thought you were referring to this course in Walker. http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=45234

Yea, I would be willing to drive a good ways. Its not like we'll be doing this once a week.

I also hope expectations aren't too high in terms of skill as I have nil. I'm just a weekend shooter but I am looking forward to learning and growing and picking up a few tips here and there.

FishingFool
04-12-10, 08:28
Deleted

l3mon
04-12-10, 17:31
the range that hosted the magpul class in robert la is a private range. You can forget about that.

SMPSA has a 3 gun match in Poplarville Mississippi on the first sunday of each month. I've been whoring that match out ever since they started holding 3 gun matches last year. Here's some vids:

http://www.bayoushooter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32762

And the website:

http://www.smsps.com/SMPSA.htm

Meet for the match, shoot it, hang out, talk shit, and tell lies. Match fee is 15 bucks. I always bring 100 rifle, 100 pistol, 100 bird, 5 slugs minimum.

all in all not a bad plan actually..

cl2
04-13-10, 20:43
all in all not a bad plan actually..

I'd give that a shot, too.

As far as places to shoot at, I'm unaware of anyplace near BR that allows anything other than basic target shooting.

cl2

IrishDevil
04-13-10, 21:22
I'm a VP for SMPSA, I could speak with the other club officers. No promises, but probably not too many issues with it. There are no facilities there though, it truly is a dirt pit in the woods. What we like to call a true South MS experience.:cool:

I've got some target stands on hand, could possibly make some more.

l3mon
04-13-10, 21:48
I'm a VP for SMPSA, I could speak with the other club officers. No promises, but probably not too many issues with it. There are no facilities there though, it truly is a dirt pit in the woods. What we like to call a true South MS experience.:cool:

I've got some target stands on hand, could possibly make some more.

That sounds awesome, and I'm sure i speak for everyone when i say yes please, and thank you :D

heck all we need is a couple of those EZ-UP things, some coolers and target stands, folding tables etc..

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8486790&findingMethod=rr&

couple of these..

jaxman7
04-13-10, 23:31
That sounds awesome, and I'm sure i speak for everyone when i say yes please, and thank you :D

heck all we need is a couple of those EZ-UP things, some coolers and target stands, folding tables etc..

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8486790&findingMethod=rr&

couple of these..

$29 tent stands from Walmart?!?! Geez bud come on we're all from south MS/LA! WAY too fancy for us. Ha ha. Seriously though IrishDevil could you talk to the other guys in the club and give us a go/no go? I agree with l3mon, sounds like a good plan. Everybody else OK with the meet location?

jaxman7
04-13-10, 23:32
I know I could bring some plyboard and pallets from work for barricade drills.

l3mon
04-14-10, 19:29
so were just waiting to here from irish now?

anyone have extra 55gal drums for bunker drills?

l3mon
04-19-10, 20:44
ok, so fish had a great idea that we start planning this:

so i'm gonna give it over to Jaxman so he can get this going since i'm not back til mid may..

but we need to figure out our courses of fire and what kind if drills we'll be doing..

and has anyone heard a for sure thumbs up or down from irishdevil?

FishingFool
04-19-10, 20:54
Deleted

Iyyobr
04-20-10, 17:03
Weekly I'm usually in Hattiesburg, Meridian and New Orleans/Metairie ...

spookydurant
04-20-10, 20:25
Been looking for a local group like this. Live in the Mobile area. Hope to meet you guys.

jaxman7
04-20-10, 20:56
ok, so fish had a great idea that we start planning this:

so i'm gonna give it over to Jaxman so he can get this going since i'm not back til mid may..

but we need to figure out our courses of fire and what kind if drills we'll be doing..

and has anyone heard a for sure thumbs up or down from irishdevil?

Hey guys,
L3mon I won't be able to do it until this weekend but I'll come up with some drills. But first we need to figure out everybody's skill level as far as running a rifle/pistol safely. Looking forward to this fellas. Was just curious do we have an instructor in our midst?? Any body heard from or gotten a PM from Irish Devil?

USMGoldenEagle
04-20-10, 21:05
I'm in!

jaxman7
04-20-10, 21:33
sweet! GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!! ;):D

FishingFool
04-20-10, 22:44
Deleted

l3mon
04-21-10, 03:26
Hey guys,
L3mon I won't be able to do it until this weekend but I'll come up with some drills. But first we need to figure out everybody's skill level as far as running a rifle/pistol safely. Looking forward to this fellas. Was just curious do we have an instructor in our midst?? Any body heard from or gotten a PM from Irish Devil?

I've been thru a range class fairly recently,

basically i figured we'd figure everyones strong suit and have them do that portion..

so next order of business..

who is best at what? and comfortable giving instruction on said section?

i'm PMing irishdevil right now..

FishingFool
04-22-10, 08:31
Deleted

ShareTheToys
04-23-10, 09:55
Baton Rouge here and I have a few people that would attend. I have a fairly flexible work schedule, but still need some heads up on times. I usually shoot out at Sherburne and its great. I can procure some huge wooden cable spools if anyone can haul them.

Beachboy
04-23-10, 17:18
Hey folks, can a fellow from SW Alabama (near Mobile) drive over and meet and shoot with you?

l3mon
04-23-10, 18:29
your more than welcome to show, we should be putting a date together here soon

Beachboy
04-23-10, 19:00
Thanks. I'll keep watching this thread for updates.

l3mon
04-24-10, 00:01
TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED IN HERE:
you should have an invite from me to join a social group called GCCM.
if you need to find it, click USER CP then on the left sidebar it says NETWORKING and under that is SOCIAL GROUPS, click that and you'll see it.. that way its easier to find and we can get to know each other until we get a sub-forum.

cl2
04-24-10, 08:38
Baton Rouge here and I have a few people that would attend. I have a fairly flexible work schedule, but still need some heads up on times. I usually shoot out at Sherburne and its great. I can procure some huge wooden cable spools if anyone can haul them.

I've got a truck, so if I wind up driving, I can take at least 1 of them.

l3mon
04-27-10, 22:24
just re-posting the reminder that we have a 'social group' going now.. so head over there and get some word and introduce yourself.. just click user cp then on the left click social groups, you'll see it there: GCCM. if you dont see PM me and i'll try to re-send an invite..

FishingFool
05-05-10, 09:52
Deleted

ShareTheToys
05-05-10, 11:02
I'm there.

ucrt
05-05-10, 17:46
Sound good to me. Where?
Shouldn't be too hot then...:p

cl2
05-05-10, 21:26
I'm in, too.

l3mon
05-05-10, 22:20
location is to be determined still, but it gives him time to get back with us about the location..

Beachboy
05-06-10, 20:20
Not sure, I have some work related travel in the last part of June, but I'll keep checking in and see if I can make it.

jaxman7
05-10-10, 16:52
L3mon and everybody else on here I would like to apologize for basically being a ghost on this sight as of late. I've been dealing with some personal issues that kinda got the best of me lately. Any news on Poplarville?! Again guys I apologize. But anyway enough of the pity party. I've got targets, stands, and a brand new built AR I want to play with! Also if anyone wants to go but does not have a rifle right now I can bring an extra AR, an AK, and an M&P 15-22.

l3mon
05-11-10, 05:48
Jax,

dont sweat it bro, it happens to the best of us!! and if you need something we're here to help.

and no, no word from irish devil on the location.. but we should soon.. i hope :rolleyes:

Jay Cunningham
05-11-10, 06:08
Keep up the good work, guys...

jaxman7
05-11-10, 08:00
Here is another idea I am going to throw out to y'all (had to say it! This is the south MS/LA group thread ha ha). In Wiggins MS. there is a Firearms school called Elite Arms Training and they do run carbine classes there. I haven't taken one but I've been through 2 of their handgun courses and I am very impressed. I you are unfamiliar with the location, Wiggins is about 30 miles south of Hattiesburg. Check their sight out at elitearmstraining.com. I was unimpressed honestly until I went through the first handgun class. Nice guy and he will run you hard! Let me know fellas if we could do this. Thanks,

-Jax

jaxman7
05-11-10, 09:37
Keep up the good work, guys...

Appreciate it Katar! Kudos to l3mon for keeping this together!!

FishingFool
05-19-10, 10:04
Deleted

l3mon
05-22-10, 11:56
PHEEEWW!!

ok so i'm back in conus. and should be picking up my rifle today or tomorrow. so i'm going to try and go to the next sunday 3-gun.

i'll let fish and jaxman know when i get my cell so we can communicate more effectively.

jaxman7
05-23-10, 21:05
Welcome back stateside and back to MS L3mon! I know you're glad to be back. I'll PM you later with my cell. Fish I am not sure if I can make it to to 3 gun match on the 6th. Just financially (mainly ammo funds right now) I don't think that I can make it and That REALLY irritates the snot out of me. :mad: Pretty low on 5.56/7.62 and just got out of a handgun class last weekend shooting about 500 rounds. I'll have to check and see when the next one is. I think you mentioned its every month if not mistaken.

FishingFool
06-01-10, 21:03
Deleted

l3mon
06-08-10, 21:02
ok so i just got word back from irishdevil, and the wiggins range is a no-no.

only alternative is to go on a sunday and shoot at the match, unless someones got another idea..

we're open to any ideas that haven't been shot down already..

FishingFool
06-08-10, 22:08
Deleted

IrishDevil
06-08-10, 22:44
Meeting up at Woolmarket, sounds to me, to be the best course of action for those that can make it. It's usually a pretty decent match, certainly economic as the entry is $5 and low round count.

jaxman7
06-09-10, 10:00
I'll see if I can get off on the 19th and go down there. FYI in Ellisville, which is between Hattiesburg & Laurel, there is handgun shoot the first Sunday of every month. If anybody is ever up this way ( I live outside of Ellisville) on that first Sunday stop by and we'll shoot. Its a low round count that usually about 250 rounds and is only $5.

jaxman7
06-09-10, 10:03
The night match on the 26th does sound very interesting. What's the course of fire for that one? Same as daytime match?

l3mon
06-15-10, 18:37
sounds gravy to me, i'll see if i can get more rounds before than, if not i'll show up to watch..

jaxman7
06-16-10, 15:22
L3mon if I can go and you don't have enough rounds you are welcome to use my M&P 15-22. Heck of a lot cheaper than shooting 5.56/.223.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
07-01-10, 13:15
Looking forward to Sunday shoot. We need to check and make sure they are going to do it since it is the 4th.

jaxman7
07-01-10, 16:45
Hey neighbor!

Thought you guys might be interested in this: http://www.msgunowners.com/evil-black-rifles-class-iii-f17/

Its a new (I think) MS gun forum.

Looking forward to Sunday shoot. We need to check and make sure they are going to do it since it is the 4th.

IrishDevil
07-01-10, 17:30
There will NOT be a 3-Gun match for July or August. With July 4th holiday and people being out of town for August, it was good enough reason to escape the heat.

jaxman7
07-01-10, 18:39
IrishDevil thanks for the update bud. We are going to get everybody together sometime soon I hope!

l3mon
07-01-10, 20:03
july 17th theres a match in woolmarket, I WILL be attending and possibly shooting that match, and maybe the combat pistol match the sat prior to that.

jaxman7
07-01-10, 21:36
Hey l3mon whats the details of the match on the 17th? Three gun? Rifle only? Round count? Stages? etc.........Thanks,

-Jax

IrishDevil
07-01-10, 22:02
The Woolmarket match is a 3-Gun match, usually 3-5 stages. Last match had 3 stages, mainly to keep it simple because of the heat.

Round count is low, show up with 100 pistol, 25 shotgun, 100 rifle, and you'll go home with a fair amount of ammo. They're always light on shotgun, no buckshot, sometimes 1-2 slugs. Expect rifle targets out to 250 yards or so. Turn out is usually pretty good for this match(average of 25) so as not to take all day stages tend to be shorter. The round counts and number of stages grows in the winter time, due to better(more comfortable) weather.

While we won't start up again until September, the Poplarville match is much higher round count. We've been known to have up to 32 round shotgun stages, rifle targets as far as 325 yards, and longer range 25-30 yard pistol shots. We like to have a minimum of one "3 gun" stage, the rest are usually 2 gun. Usually 4-6 stages, depending on setup and help. If you come to Poplarville, I recommend 100 pistol, 50 bird, 10 buckshot, 10 slugs, and 150 rifle. Depending on your accuracy:cool:, you'll go home with ammo. Shooter turn out is 15-20.

FishingFool
07-02-10, 08:01
See ya'll at woolmarket then. I'll try to make it to the pistol match on the 10th.

Mjolnir
07-04-10, 10:15
How could I have missed this? :confused:

I'm in BTR and looking forward to join in future events.

l3mon
07-04-10, 14:25
So let's get everyone on board for the 17 th then so we can meet everyone

Mjolnir
07-04-10, 14:32
So let's get everyone on board for the 17 th then so we can meet everyone
Sounds like a plan.

SouthNarc
07-04-10, 18:52
I'm usually out of town teaching on weekends, but I might be able to pop in every now and then.

jaxman7
07-04-10, 21:50
I am going to shoot for the seventeenth as well fellas. Want to get a tally on who can go?

cl2
07-06-10, 20:34
I'll go.

FishingFool
07-06-10, 21:02
I'll be there.

l3mon
07-06-10, 21:27
Count me in too of course

jaxman7
07-08-10, 11:37
Fellas someone give me the time the shoot starts at Woolmarket and how long it will be. I run a business and I am making the work schedule for that same week. Trying to work around the shoot so I can go. Thanks,

-Jax

FishingFool
07-08-10, 11:43
Hammer down at 9 am. Usually done by 1 or 2.

jaxman7
07-08-10, 11:54
Copy that FishingFool. Thanks for the quick reply!

jaxman7
07-09-10, 21:43
Alright everyone getting pumped about next weekend. Tally so far:

1. L3mon
2. FishingFool
3. My neighbor and best friend keithinvestigations (screen name).
4. Cl2
5. Myself
6. Friend of l3mon

IrishDevil and Mjolnir how about yall?

SouthNarc are you going to be in town that weekend?

l3mon
07-10-10, 08:19
I'm bringing one of my friends too FYI

jaxman7
07-10-10, 08:36
Sweet!

I'm bringing one of my friends too FYI

jaxman7
07-10-10, 10:30
Info on the range here: http://gcrpc.com/

SouthNarc
07-10-10, 12:14
I am but I'm locked in doing in-service. On that note, if there are any LEOs that need ALERRT certification, I'm running the course next weekend in Ocean Springs. Just PM me.

IrishDevil
07-10-10, 12:55
I'll be out of town, attending my best friend's funeral, I mean wedding.:cool:

jaxman7
07-10-10, 13:18
Wish you and SouthNarc could go. Irish we'll do a 21 AR salute for your best friend! :D

I'll be out of town, attending my best friend's funeral, I mean wedding.:cool:

jaxman7
07-15-10, 20:00
Everybody who chimed in on going still hitting Woolmarket this Saturday?

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
07-15-10, 21:08

I am, but you already know that, lol.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
07-15-10, 21:15
Hey Jaxman7, where is the link for this range we are going to this Sat? I tried this one but I don't think it's the right one: http://gcrpc.com/

I want to post it up at www.msgunowners.com

FishingFool
07-15-10, 21:26
dang the website is down good thing for google cache:

We are located 8.3 Miles North of Interstate 10 (Exit 46-B) heading north on Hwy 67 on the right hand side.

Those of ya'll that don't know where it is pm me and i'll send you my cell phone number incase you get lost.

l3mon
07-16-10, 07:36
I'll be in a blue pilot. And i'm wearing Oakley with a bright red O on em and grey shirt

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
07-16-10, 09:01

We are located 8.3 Miles North of Interstate 10 (Exit 46-B) heading north on Hwy 67 on the right hand side.

Those of ya'll that don't know where it is pm me and i'll send you my cell phone number incase you get lost.

Just called Andre to confirm that they are shooting Sat. Wanted to make sure before I drove down as I'm 1.5 hrs away.

cl2
07-16-10, 19:23

Still interested...

Don't have a shotgun though.

l3mon
07-16-10, 19:49
Still interested...

Don't have a shotgun though.

bring some 12 ga and you can use mine.. you'll be the 3rd person using it.. just dont have extra ammo..

it needs some lovin.. lol

FishingFool
07-16-10, 20:42
You can use mine also. Everyone show up a little early so we can form up our own squad.

cl2
07-16-10, 21:00
Thanks guys.

jaxman7
07-16-10, 21:03
Roger that FishingFool. Looking forward to tomorrow as well. Just loaded up the AR and M&P mags and packing now! I'll be the guy with the SWAT shirt on,Rambo knife on my hip,beta mag on my AR, and face paint. Well on second thought I might just leave all that stuff at home just this once. Don't want to intimidate you guys too much! ;)

l3mon
07-17-10, 08:24
Anyone here? I am blue pilot green shirt on

jaxman7
07-17-10, 16:19
Had a GREAT time today fellas. Well except for that long range slug on steel target I completely forgot about! :mad: Nice meeting all of you and FishingFool thanks for the barbeque. I'll try and get those pics up tomorrow.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
07-18-10, 09:59
Had a GREAT time today fellas. Well except for that long range slug on steel target I completely forgot about! :mad: Nice meeting all of you and FishingFool thanks for the barbeque. I'll try and get those pics up tomorrow.

Is anyone opposed to Jaxman7 posting your screen name by your photo? Not sure I can remember everyone for certain. BTW, I'm Davy Keith, the one wearing the black Glock shirt, goatee aka the guy who shot all stages with extreme precision, lol...except for the stage two where I forgot to turn on my EOTech:jester: until after the buzzer

l3mon
07-18-10, 10:02
You can put up my name if you want, Kyle FYI

l3mon
07-18-10, 12:20
Is anyone opposed to Jaxman7 posting your screen name by your photo? Not sure I can remember everyone for certain. BTW, I'm Davy Keith, the one wearing the black Glock shirt, goatee aka the guy who shot all stages with extreme precision, lol...except for the stage two where I forgot to turn on my EOTech:jester: until after the buzzer

Lol yeah who made your flash hider again? :D

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
07-18-10, 14:51
It was sitting in my safe next to my can. Now I realize why I missed those targets, it was the flash hider that caused it:cray:

l3mon
07-18-10, 15:53
Next month bring the can and the spas out there!

l3mon
07-18-10, 15:55
Where's jax puttin the pics up at?

FishingFool
07-18-10, 15:58
thanks for comming out guys. Too bad I was stuck in the other squad. Uh well. Next time.

l3mon
07-18-10, 16:09
Were you the one with the mountain house rigs? Not sure which one you were

cl2
07-18-10, 19:10
thanks for comming out guys. Too bad I was stuck in the other squad. Uh well. Next time.

I also had a great time. Glad to get the chance to meet everyone. Hopefully everyone will come out next month, too.

If you post any pics of me, feel free to post my screen name with them.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
07-18-10, 19:18
Next month bring the can and the spas out there!

I think I saw a sign that said no cans...but I will bring the SPAS. Probably will bring my SOCOM II as well. I finally got the mag out of my MSAR. Put a magpul in and no problem. She doesn't like EMA CDMAG's.

I had a blast as well.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
07-18-10, 19:19

Thanks for the sausage FishingFool, that was a great idea!

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
07-18-10, 19:20
Where's jax puttin the pics up at?

photobucket I think, will have to get him to post a link. Lot's of cool picks with brass in the air

l3mon
07-18-10, 19:34
I know I had a blast and I'm glad everyone else enjoyed it as well I actually just got done ordering some new furniture so we'll see how it handles next month

jaxman7
07-18-10, 19:56
That flash hider was awesome! It even hid itself! Guys sorry I haven't put the pics up yet. I took 109 pics all together with about 4.0 MB per shot. I am comp illiterate so I will post a link to my photobucket account when I get them all uploaded. I tried last night to post just one of the pics on here and it wouldn't let me. If anyone has any ideas on how to put some on here just let me know.Yes I know how to post pics on M4C but these are just too large. I need to find a way to compress a lot of pics @ once. Kyle,Tom, and FishingFool if you will PM me your email address I'll send you the pics.

-Jax

FishingFool
07-19-10, 13:29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0vaKfSdZDU&feature=player_embedded

Stage 1. Still haven't mastered imbedding youtube vids yet.

l3mon
07-23-10, 15:10
That flash hider was awesome! It even hid itself! Guys sorry I haven't put the pics up yet. I took 109 pics all together with about 4.0 MB per shot. I am comp illiterate so I will post a link to my photobucket account when I get them all uploaded. I tried last night to post just one of the pics on here and it wouldn't let me. If anyone has any ideas on how to put some on here just let me know.Yes I know how to post pics on M4C but these are just too large. I need to find a way to compress a lot of pics @ once. Kyle,Tom, and FishingFool if you will PM me your email address I'll send you the pics.

-Jax

You ever get those pis out? I'm dying to see em man!

jaxman7
07-23-10, 23:44
L3, check your email. I sent them a couple of days ago to you along with FishingFool and Cl. There may have been a problem b/c it was a rather large attachment. Look for my email address: k5jacksman@yahoo.com. Let me know if you got them guys and if not I'll try to send them again.

l3mon
07-24-10, 08:14
L3, check your email. I sent them a couple of days ago to you along with FishingFool and Cl. There may have been a problem b/c it was a rather large attachment. Look for my email address: k5jacksman@yahoo.com. Let me know if you got them guys and if not I'll try to send them again.

Can you re send em to me? Might have deleted them

jaxman7
07-24-10, 11:40
Sure thing but it wont be until tonight.

l3mon
07-24-10, 11:42
Preciate it man

jaxman7
07-24-10, 11:50
L3, here are a few of them: http://m907.photobucket.com/albums/jaxman7/3%20Gun%20Match%2017%20July%2010%20at%20Woolmarket/

jaxman7
07-24-10, 20:44
Test run! Here's l3mon last Saturday

jaxman7
07-24-10, 21:11
Me shooting the 'claustrophobia' stage!

jaxman7
07-24-10, 21:35

Kyle how in the crap could you see past the wall!? Ha Ha Cool pic though with the casing in midair.

jaxman7
07-24-10, 21:50
My other 'girlfriend' at the bottom. ;)
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3gun%2017%20July/3GUN042-1.jpg
You can't say this isn't awesome:
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3gun%2017%20July/3GUN062.jpg

"PLEASE PLACE YOUR CHILD BETWEEN THE LONG GUNS FOR THEIR SAFETY"
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3gun%2017%20July/3GUN063.jpg
This guy cracked me up with the outfit. Cool guy to talk to as well.

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3gun%2017%20July/3GUN058.jpg
Tom don't be scared. The plates can't hurt you!
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3gun%2017%20July/3GUN082.jpg

jaxman7
07-24-10, 21:57
Set 'em back up for the next run!

The Evil Black Collection!

Cold......it was not.

jaxman7
07-24-10, 22:04
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3gun%2017%20July/3GUN040.jpg

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3%20Gun%20Match%2017%20July%2010%20at%20Woolmarket/3GUN080.jpg

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3gun%2017%20July/3GUN085.jpg

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3gun%2017%20July/3GUN045.jpg
The Road Cone of DEATH!!!!

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3%20Gun%20Match%2017%20July%2010%20at%20Woolmarket/3GUN094.jpg

jaxman7
07-24-10, 22:11
Press Check!
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3gun%2017%20July/3GUN110.jpg

"SHOOTER,TOUCH YOUR BARREL TO THE BARREL TO INDICATE WHEN READY!"
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3%20Gun%20Match%2017%20July%2010%20at%20Woolmarket/3GUN101.jpg
Hope your enjoyed the pics guys. I've got a few more that I might put up in the future. Hopefully we'll do this again soon. Like I said before, it was a blast!

jaxman7
07-24-10, 22:37
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3gun%2017%20July/3GUN075.jpg
Mr. Don, a heck of a nice guy and had a really nice USP......
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3gun%2017%20July/3GUN068.jpg
......and pretty quick with a pump gun!
http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac279/jaxman7/3gun%2017%20July/3GUN089.jpg

FishingFool
07-26-10, 07:53
Here's the entire group of photos you email me.

http://s1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/1_Fishing_Fool/Woolmarket%203%20Gun%20Match%207-17-10/

jaxman7
08-03-10, 12:26
Alright fellas lets start talking about meets this month! If our rounds don't cook off in this heat. It reached 103° in Hattiesburg Monday!

l3mon
08-03-10, 13:19
Yeah 119 here today lol I know I'll be out in woolmarket again this month.

FishingFool
08-03-10, 17:12
I'll be there.

if y'all got something you want to cook once we're done shooting let me know.

If anyone has a source for free ice definately pm me.

l3mon
08-03-10, 17:32
I can def get a drop on some ice a well I can bring some hotdogs ad hamburgers.

ucrt
08-03-10, 19:08

When is the next shoot? :confused:

l3mon
08-03-10, 19:52
21st? Third Saturday of the month

parishioner
08-03-10, 20:48
I want in on the next shoot. I've never participated in a competitive shooting event and am eager to get my feet wet. I had prior obligations during the last shoot.

What supplies do I need to bring?

I have a 12 gauge autoloader, AR, g19, and a shitty uncle mikes holster for it.

jaxman7
08-03-10, 21:09
Hey jman FishingFool will be waaayyy more qualified than me to respond but concerning the shotgun get a mag extension tube and some good shell carriers. Trust me on this one. :suicide: Oh, and bring water (lots of it) and extra food. At least until F-Fool can get his grill up and running after the shoot!

That last 3 gun shoot was my first one as well. I'd be curious to hear from the other guys who went what they discovered about themselves and their gear/guns and what needed improvement and changes. One thing I learned is to DRILL the different stages in my mind before the buzzer rings on me. You guys who were in my squad remember me completely forgetting to shoot the swinging steel with the 12 gauge. I can tell you the shotgun I bring, and my method of carrying shells, will definitely change.
L3mon what kind of gear did you order after the match?

I want in on the next shoot. I've never participated in a competitive shooting event and am eager to get my feet wet. I had prior obligations during the last shoot.

What supplies do I need to bring?

I have a 12 gauge autoloader, AR, g19, and a shitty uncle mikes holster for it.

ucrt
08-03-10, 21:32

Thanks Jaxman7.

If anyone wouldn't mind, I'd appreciate a "bare necessities" list of what we should have, including ammo specifics and quantities.

Thanks.

FishingFool
08-03-10, 22:03
100 rds rifle, 100 rds pistol, 25 rds bird shot 7.5 or 8 shot, and plenty, plenty, plenty of water and ice. I have a bunch of holsters for G19's so if you need one let me know.

Other than a holster everything can be put in a dump pouch or in your pockets for the first few matches until you figure out what you want.

This stuff is addicting. I started a little less than two years ago and it forever changed the way I shoot and practice.

parishioner
08-03-10, 22:18
100 rds rifle, 100 rds pistol, 25 rds bird shot 7.5 or 8 shot, and plenty, plenty, plenty of water and ice. I have a bunch of holsters for G19's so if you need one let me know.

Other than a holster everything can be put in a dump pouch or in your pockets for the first few matches until you figure out what you want.

This stuff is addicting. I started a little less than two years ago and it forever changed the way I shoot and practice.

I might need to take you up on a g19 holster offer until I can get something more substantial. I have pouch for shells that I use when I shoot skeet that I can utilize as a dump pouch.

Thanks. I'm already pumped.

jaxman7
08-03-10, 22:24
If I can make it down there for the Saturday match this month, which I am pretty sure I can, jman I've got a Raven holster you can borrow for your G19 if you don't have one in time. Sorry about that I should have said how much ammo to bring. That's kind of important as well.

I might need to take you up on a g19 holster offer until I can get something more substantial. I have pouch for shells that I use when I shoot skeet that I can utilize as a dump pouch.

Thanks. I'm already pumped.

jaxman7
08-03-10, 22:26
And yes, I've got to agree with FishingFool. I was addicted after the first stage was over. It is really fun.

parishioner
08-03-10, 22:47
If I can make it down there for the Saturday match this month, which I am pretty sure I can, jman I've got a Raven holster you can borrow for your G19 if you don't have one in time. Sorry about that I should have said how much ammo to bring. That's kind of important as well.

Yea, that sounds great too. Thanks. We can work all that out when we get there I guess. BTW, are you going down 49 to get there? If so, do you think we could meet somewhere on Hardy street and I could follow you since I don't have a clue where Woolmarket is? I'll be in Hattiesburg that weekend.

jaxman7
08-03-10, 22:57
Yeh we can meet up on Hardy. The last time we met up was in the old Big Buck parking lot. Yeh I said old. Didn't know if you knew but they went out of business last month. Hated to see that. The range is super easy to find. Its basically just two left turns after leaving Hattiesburg.

parishioner
08-03-10, 23:09
Yeh we can meet up on Hardy. The last time we met up was in the old Big Buck parking lot. Yeh I said old. Didn't know if you knew but they went out of business last month. Hated to see that. The range is super easy to find. Its basically just two left turns after leaving Hattiesburg.

Sounds good.

Yea, I knew about Big Buck. It was strange because I hadn't been there in a while and I went there last month looking for a folding chair and before we pulled up I told my girlfriend that I felt like this place is going to go out of business soon because the last time I went I could just sense the place wasn't doing well and I felt like because it isn't the easiest place to get to it was hurting business. The words had just finished coming out of my mouth when we saw they were in the process of closing. It's sad to see a local business go down.

l3mon
08-04-10, 05:13
Hey jman FishingFool will be waaayyy more qualified than me to respond but concerning the shotgun get a mag extension tube and some good shell carriers. Trust me on this one. :suicide: Oh, and bring water (lots of it) and extra food. At least until F-Fool can get his grill up and running after the shoot!

That last 3 gun shoot was my first one as well. I'd be curious to hear from the other guys who went what they discovered about themselves and their gear/guns and what needed improvement and changes. One thing I learned is to DRILL the different stages in my mind before the buzzer rings on me. You guys who were in my squad remember me completely forgetting to shoot the swinging steel with the 12 gauge. I can tell you the shotgun I bring, and my method of carrying shells, will definitely change.
L3mon what kind of gear did you order after the match?
Surprisingly not a whole lot, just furniture for the ar so far, planning on another side saddle for the shotty I think, and jman, I used an uncle mikes with my g17 last match, did fine, but it's you preference.

Anyone else who is hesitant, come out it wast first comp ever and I'm in love, everyones real nice ad there's plenty of experience there to offer advice!

FishingFool
08-04-10, 10:23
Woolmarket is a nice match to start off. When it gets cooler they'll have a lot more movement and cool stuff. In September the poplarville crew, who put together stage 1, will resume their matches so that will be two matches each month.

l3mon
08-04-10, 10:38
Yeah I'm really looking forward to poplarville matches then I have an excuse to go to hattiesberg and Check out gander mtn

jaxman7
08-04-10, 11:20
Kyle,

Gander is fun to visit and pick up and play with the guns but they are EXPENSIVE. Every once in a while you find a good deal. Their ammo for the most part is literally 50% higher than Wally World. But like I said its fun to walk around. Heck its really entertaining to listen to the good ol boys walk around the guns and explain to their buddy or wife how this particular gun has awesome knock down power. Or "I shot straight through a whitetail's pupil at 800 yards with a gun just like that there". Fun stuff
Rumor is that H-burg is getting an Academies. That would be great!

l3mon
08-04-10, 11:47
Kyle,

Gander is fun to visit and pick up and play with the guns but they are EXPENSIVE. Every once in a while you find a good deal. Their ammo for the most part is literally 50% higher than Wally World. But like I said its fun to walk around. Heck its really entertaining to listen to the good ol boys walk around the guns and explain to their buddy or wife how this particular gun has awesome knock down power. Or "I shot straight through a whitetail's pupil at 800 yards with a gun just like that there". Fun stuff
Rumor is that H-burg is getting an Academies. That would be great!

Lol, knock down power! Haha

Yeah making the drive to cabelas in baton rouge one day too

l3mon
08-09-10, 17:16
Alright everyone, so its on fr Saturday 8/21 as of now so anyone who can make it please do! Again I'll tell all in advance I'll be in a blue pilot with a flammable sticker on the back and my names Kyle.

parishioner
08-09-10, 17:17
What is the entry fee for this event?

l3mon
08-09-10, 17:24
$5 member or not

parishioner
08-09-10, 17:46
Thanks. BTW, how goofy am I going to look with a 30" duck gun? :p I can damn near poke ducks out the sky with the barrel.

l3mon
08-09-10, 18:05
Thanks. BTW, how goofy am I going to look with a 30" duck gun? :p I can damn near poke ducks out the sky with the barrel.

You might look a little bit really ridiculous lol but hey man shoot what you got

FishingFool
08-09-10, 20:35
Run what you got. Woolmarket match is laid back and the round count is not outrageous with the shotty. I can loan out shotgun shell holders for those that need them. It's a good match where I really gained a lot of confidence and made some great friends.

Just be sure to sight in your rifle and have a pistol holster capable of securely carrying your piece. I knew when I first started that I was hooked and I'll bet yas everyone else that showed up last month will agree.

l3mon
08-10-10, 05:37
I know I'm hooked!

ucrt
08-10-10, 06:51

=============================

Jman,
To camoflage you and keep you from looking too "goofy"...I'll come with a 28"..how's that?

parishioner
08-10-10, 10:39

Jman,
To camoflage you and keep you from looking too "goofy"...I'll come with a 28"..how's that?

It looks like we'll be twins then. I just measured it and its 28", not 30". Don't know where I got that

jaxman7
08-10-10, 12:08

Jman,

HYSTERICAL!!!

jaxman7
08-10-10, 12:11
Looks like everyones having shotguns issues in some shape or form. I am buying an autoloader literally the day before the match. Hope she runs good. I might be in my living room the night before practicing malf drills just in case!

FishingFool
08-10-10, 13:59
Which one did u go with?

l3mon
08-10-10, 14:02
Looks like everyones having shotguns issues in some shape or form. I am buying an autoloader literally the day before the match. Hope she runs good. I might be in my living room the night before practicing malf drills just in case!

What're you getting? Don't forget weak hand drills!!

jaxman7
08-10-10, 14:29
Fish I really wanted that FN but I decided to go with the 930 SPX Mossy. I have heard too many good things about them after they got the canted front sight problem fixed. Honestly I never thought I would ever own a Mossberg. M24shooter has a thread in the shotgun section that sealed the deal for me. I have PM'd and emailed a ton of people before I decided. For $600 you can't beat it. The FN has some very clear advantages like the dual pistons That come with it and interchangeable choke tubes (among other things) but this shotty should serve me just fine.
Kyle you know it! Weak hand drills for sure. This one being an autoloader should make it much easier.
I may have to dial it in that morning on one of the other ranges before we go loud. Heck who knows I may just remember to hit the swinging plate with a slug this time! :laugh:

parishioner
08-10-10, 15:00
Are yall running full chokes?

jaxman7
08-10-10, 15:13
Jman,

Nah no one is running full. A modified or improved cylinder will work fine. Fish could give you specifics more so than I could on how to set it up better for what we will be shooting.

FishingFool
08-10-10, 16:41
IC for 99% of what I've seen.

ucrt
08-11-10, 19:54

So far, I understand we need 100 rounds each of rifle and pistol, 25 shotshells. A dump pouch is recommended and I assume a holster is necessary.

To keep me from looking like a total dweeb, can someone give me an idea of the drills and such we will be running? Shooting while walking?, transitioning to a handgun?, laying down shooting?, what's the shortest and longest shot, reloads, ...

I'm just wondering because the range I shoot at mostly doesn't allow standing, much less walking. So, if I have an idea, I'll drive to a range that does allow some moving drills.

I'm looking forward to this match.

Thanks!

FishingFool
08-11-10, 20:55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0vaKfSdZDU&feature=youtube_gdata

see my YouTube videos for last months match. Don't break the 180, finger off trigger when moving is key. Shots go from close to 300 yards. Not a lot of long range though. I would sight in all rifles at 200 yards. Transitions are done mostly by barrel. Shoot with gun, safety on, dump in barrel, repeat. A holster for your pistol is required but you can get away with putting all your mags and shells in pockets or a dump pouch. A lot of people always recommend waiting until after the first match to buy additional gear b/c you will get to see a wide variety of stuff there and have a good feel for things later. You can go prone or kneel or sit and shoot it the stage setup warrants it. Once u get there the match director will go over the rules and answer questions. After that he'll show every one the stages and the course of fire. After that the group will be broken up into squads to rotate through the stages. Shoot, have a good time, and relax. It's a 5 dollar match.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
08-11-10, 21:14
Jaxman7 and I are coming again but we are going to have to leave at 1 pm. We have to get back for my daughters birthday, 2 years old. I'm hoping we can do at least two stages.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
08-11-10, 21:16
Maybe this has already been discussed but how or why did this thread get started in "site questions / comments?"

FishingFool
08-11-10, 21:33
Should me moved to the deep south forum.

jaxman7
08-11-10, 22:01
Was thinking the same thing. Any mods reading this?? I think we would get more exposure if this thread was moved to the deep south forum.

Should me moved to the deep south forum.

l3mon
08-12-10, 05:41
Was thinking the same thing. Any mods reading this?? I think we would get more exposure if this thread was moved to the deep south forum.

Posted it here to ask if we could get a training group sub forum, to do so this month we need lots of pics and an aar I'm bringing my video camera and my digital camera

kmg365
08-12-10, 21:09
Thanks Jaxman7, Too bad I have child care duties this weekend, maybe next time.

jaxman7
08-12-10, 21:18
No problem man. Hope you come to the next one. Woolmarket has a 3 gun match every 3rd Saturday of the month. Poplarville will be cranking up soon and near my house (15 miles north of Hattiesburg ) we have a pistol match the first Sunday of every month. Come when you can!

Thanks Jaxman7, Too bad I have child care duties this weekend, maybe next time.

kmg365
08-12-10, 21:21
I know where that is, I live in Carriere about 20 miles south Poplarville I may have to check out that one, any place to get info ?

jaxman7
08-12-10, 22:14
Haven't been to a Poplarville shoot but here is a link:

http://www.smsps.com/SMPSA.htm

jaxman7
08-16-10, 15:47
Just curious who we have going Saturday.

Rebel Rifle Ordnance
08-16-10, 16:34

I'm going! but I think you already know that since you live across the road from me, lol.

ucrt
08-16-10, 18:19
I am intending on going but I'm sure I'll look like some kind of "Jethro". With the help of some ty-raps, duct tape, and paracord I might get mags, holsters, etc. hanging off of my hips where I can get to them. :fie:

But this old man is looking forward to giving this 3-gun stuff a try...

l3mon
08-16-10, 18:58
It's all good jethro lol,

And you know I'll be there!

parishioner
08-16-10, 19:08
I'll be attending.

Jax, I went online looking for shot timers thinking they would be like 30 or 40 bucks. Holy crap, more like $130-$140. I might look on the EE for one.

And after shooting with your comp, I told the GF I may know what I want for my birthday now. :D She might order it tonight and I would love for it to come before Saturday.

jaxman7
08-16-10, 19:23
Now that's a funny mental image! What do need that you don't have?

I am intending on going but I'm sure I'll look like some kind of "Jethro". With the help of some ty-raps, duct tape, and paracord I might get mags, holsters, etc. hanging off of my hips where I can get to them. :fie:

But this old man is looking forward to giving this 3-gun stuff a try...

amac
08-16-10, 20:43

Hi, I live in Metairie. I'm a new member to the forum and was curious who, what and where and how might I get in?

jaxman7
08-16-10, 21:22
Hey amac and welcome to the forum! This place has a metric ton of info. As far as meeting up on Saturday it starts at 9 and will last probably until 3. For directions Google the Gulf Coast Pistol and Rifle Club. Hope you can make it there.

jaxman7
08-16-10, 21:29
Jman enjoyed shooting with you Sunday and I love the VTAC rail you have. As far as my brake goes it really is very impressive how much of a difference it makes with good control of the rifle. Did you hint hint to the girlfriend yet!?!? Good luck with that. :suicide:

I'll be attending.

Jax, I went online looking for shot timers thinking they would be like 30 or 40 bucks. Holy crap, more like $130-$140. I might look on the EE for one.

And after shooting with your comp, I told the GF I may know what I want for my birthday now. :D She might order it tonight and I would love for it to come before Saturday.

amac
08-17-10, 07:02
Hey amac and welcome to the forum! This place has a metric ton of info. As far as meeting up on Saturday it starts at 9 and will last probably until 3. For directions Google the Gulf Coast Pistol and Rifle Club. Hope you can make it there.

Hi and thanks. I tried a search on both Google Maps and Mapquest and got zero :confused: What city is it in? Could it have another name?

l3mon
08-17-10, 07:57
It's in woolmarket if you can't find someone can meet up with you and you can just follow them

jaxman7
08-17-10, 08:47
Amac,

Hey bud their dang website is still down. Here is an earlier post.

amac
08-17-10, 12:54
Okay. Looking on a map. I see where you're talking about. Forgive my redundant questions, but what type of shooting should i pack for? Are you doing anything more than stationary shooting down range? Thanks for the details.

spookydurant
08-17-10, 13:15
I been trying to get in touch with you, but no success. I hope to meet up with you guys soon, Eric

l3mon
08-17-10, 13:15
Honestly I'd say bring what you got and learn what works for you

jaxman7
08-17-10, 13:34
Spooky I'll call you in just a bit. My apologies for that.

l3mon
08-17-10, 16:46
can it be saturday already?

jaxman7
08-17-10, 16:52
Yeh no joke about wanting it to be Saturday. I am @ work & all I am thinking about are shotgun reloads and I keep hearing steel being hit by rounds in my head.

ucrt
08-17-10, 17:10
Can anyone list some landmarks before and after the road for the Range?

So, we can be ready to turn into the range or be able to say "Dadgummit, I went too far!"

Thanks,

l3mon
08-17-10, 17:14
if your looking at the range from the road there is a Navy range to the right and a concrete 'factory' to the left, it has huge silos..

FishingFool
08-17-10, 17:56
Y'all down for burgers and hotdogs?

parishioner
08-17-10, 18:08
Y'all down for burgers and hotdogs?

I was thinking of bringing some deer meat. I have 3 packs of sausage and 2 ground.

l3mon
08-17-10, 18:28
i got a pack of dogs i can throw in, and a lot of ice.. i can get more if i need to..

l3mon
08-17-10, 18:30
I was thinking of bringing some deer meat. I have 3 packs of sausage and 2 ground.

shit bring that too!

got any deer jerky i can score off you? lol

jaxman7
08-17-10, 20:15
L3 I must say that is one AWESOME avatar you have! Who took the pic? :dirol:

amac
08-17-10, 21:10
Honestly I'd say bring what you got and learn what works for you

Yeah... the reason I ask is because I haven't done anything but boring, stationary shooting. So, I'm a bit ill equiped. You don't mind quasi noobies do ya? I do love to shoot! :moil:

parishioner
08-17-10, 21:41
Yeah... the reason I ask is because I haven't done anything but boring, stationary shooting. So, I'm a bit ill equiped. You don't mind quasi noobies do ya? I do love to shoot! :moil:

I'm in the same boat. I have no gear except for the guns, a dump pouch thing and a decent belt. From what everyone is saying you can more than likely borrow what you don't have and after shooting the match you'll have a better idea of what you need for the next go round.

The first time I did anything other than static shooting was this past Saturday. I was total garbage but hopefully after attending a few of these matches I'll be something resembling a somewhat decent shooter.

amac
08-18-10, 06:45
I'm in the same boat. I have no gear except for the guns, a dump pouch thing and a decent belt. From what everyone is saying you can more than likely borrow what you don't have and after shooting the match you'll have a better idea of what you need for the next go round.

The first time I did anything other than static shooting was this past Saturday. I was total garbage but hopefully after attending a few of these matches I'll be something resembling a somewhat decent shooter.

Thanks jmann. That makes me feel better about coming. I'm not sure if I can break away. Will know more by tomorrow. By the way, you live in NOLA? Where do you shoot around here? I go to Nicks in LaPlace.

FishingFool
08-19-10, 16:14
If anyone needs a ride from the NOLA metro area let me know. My coworker was going to go but he got swamped and I got an open spot in the truck.

amac
08-19-10, 21:03
FishinFool, thanks for the offer. I plan to make a game time decision on going. At that, I will not be able to stay the whole day. I will need my own vehicle. Great offer and we will have to hook up one way or another. By the way, do you visit Puglia's? I frequent the joint because I live so close. Hope to see you on Saturday.

:neo:

jaxman7
08-19-10, 21:45
Where's cl2/Tom? Anyone know if he is going?

cl2
08-20-10, 17:09
Where's cl2/Tom? Anyone know if he is going?

I'll be there. I got a shotgun now, too. Planning on arriving @ 8:00AM.

See you guys there!

l3mon
08-20-10, 17:10
Hurry up tomorrow, I miss the smell of carbon

amac
08-20-10, 18:29
fishinfool, what time you leaving and do you know the way? Maybe we can hook up along the way.

:shout: back at me

amac
08-20-10, 18:31
BTW, what type of shotgun shot do you use?

FishingFool
08-20-10, 18:50
Fnh slp mark I. And I'll hopefully be leaving my place around 6:30 am.

amac
08-20-10, 19:36
Fnh slp mark I. And I'll hopefully be leaving my place around 6:30 am.

Wow, that's early. I was planning to pull out arond 7:00 - 7:30. It's only about an hour-fifteen to Biloxi. Why so early? And, not what type of shotgun, but what number shot do u use? I have lots of variety of bird shot, but no buck/slug shot.

FishingFool
08-20-10, 19:50
7.5 shot. I start early b/c I always stop for ice, get breakfast and I drive like an old granny. No need for buckshot this time. Might want to bring a few slugs just in case.

amac
08-20-10, 19:53
Gotcha. Earlier posts give landmarks and what not. But is there a physical address for this place? I've got a GPS that might guide me there. If I get lost I might start shooting anything and everything in sight!!! :sarcastic:

ucrt
08-20-10, 19:54
l3mon,
Sent you a PM. Thanks.

amac
08-20-10, 21:03
l3mon,
Sent you a PM. Thanks.

Me? I haven't received one if so... :confused:

parishioner
08-21-10, 19:39
Good to meet everyone today.

Thank you FishingFool, for grilling this afternoon. That grill you have is pretty damn cool.

Despite getting my face sunburned I had an awesome time and I'm hooked for sure. I already convinced a friend of mine to come with me next time.

Just an FYI, I was the guy in the yellow shirt, brown pants and prescription glasses.