PDA

View Full Version : FNP .45

Donbeeler49
03-27-10, 12:54
Who can tell me the good or bad about the FNP .45 series handguns? Please don't base it cause you love Glocks or Kimbers etc. but on personal knowledge of this particular weapon. I have a chance to pick up a new one (never fired) for cheap from a guy but don't know much about about it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ajc281509
03-27-10, 13:48
The one I have is nice, I like the trigger pull and the overall feel in my hands, I have smaller hands. One of the draw backs to it is the lack of holsters available and the price of magazines. The original magazines I received with the gun had alot of problems but once I contacted FN they sent me replacements with no issues. Another drawback is the lack of aftermarket sights available, but they factory sights are fine and the gun was always accurate. All of the ammo I have tried in it was digested with no problems except the sellior and bellot stuff. Overall I like the pistol, it is a fun and comfortable 45. Hope some of that helps.

Pappabear
03-27-10, 17:16
The gun is great. I have Mepro Night sights and like them. I bought a blade tech holster, fits like a glove. He is right though, not too many options on these two additions. Trigger very smooth for stock and I like the Safety / Decocker. It comes with a cheap blade tech? One of the top 45's available today IMHO.
Buy it if the price is right.

Huggies
03-27-10, 18:00
Great gun in the $500-$600 price range I think the decock/safety is weird. For the price I would buy a new M&P .45 since I think it's a better shooter. For money it's a keeper but if I was buying for a .45 for carry or to really shoot it would be the M&P

whiterabbit05
03-27-10, 18:25
I have Mepro Night sights and like them.

Since when did Meprolight make sights for the FNP?

DOCatRU
03-27-10, 18:36
I bought one in November. Functions fine with factory ammo. With 200g SWC reloads the chamber was a little tight (it miked tighter than my 1911. Lightly polishing the chamber with a Dremel made the gun totally reliable, even with reloads. I have put 1000 rounds through it since November.

Trigger takes some getting used to since I primarily shoot 1911's; but with practice the trigger becomes a non-issue. I prefer the FNP trigger to the M & P.
It is inherently accurate and the grip is usable even though I have small hands.

I chose it over the M & P 45 because:

The external hammer facilitates lots of dry fire to get used to the trigger.

Large capacity, three 15 rd magazines it makes an excellent house gun.

It is large for concealed carry. I prefer to carry a lightweight 1911. Overall my experience has been strongly positive.

Pappabear
03-27-10, 19:06
Since when did Meprolight make sights for the FNP?

Not sure, but I have had mine on for several months. I prefer the my FNP over the my MP. Options on different colors. ie Yellow front and green rear.

LHS
03-27-10, 22:20
Handled one, but haven't shot one yet. First impressions: Decent DA trigger, USG version is Condition 1 capable, pretty nice SA trigger and short reset. Holds a LOT of .45 ACP. BIG gun. I wouldn't CCW one, it's just too big.

Would like to shoot one.

loupav
03-28-10, 00:06
I fired one about a year ago. They are nice pistols, I liked it, they're fun to shoot and very comfortable. I remember the recoil being very mild somewhat like a full size USP.

I wish I could have one in Cali. For the price that they go for, I would have had one that weekend.

CQC.45
03-30-10, 16:46
Handled one, but haven't shot one yet. First impressions: Decent DA trigger, USG version is Condition 1 capable, pretty nice SA trigger and short reset. Holds a LOT of .45 ACP. BIG gun. I wouldn't CCW one, it's just too big.

Would like to shoot one.

My impression as well.

TOrrock
03-30-10, 18:31
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Vickers%20Subgun%20Aug%202-3%2008/P1000790.jpg