PDA

View Full Version : Earth hour nonsense tonight

The_War_Wagon
03-27-10, 18:19
It's at 8pm EST tonight. Everyone turn ALL your lights ON (Granolas want you to turn them OFF), and tell enviroweenies to stick their global warming where the sun don't shine. :mad:

perna
03-27-10, 18:52
Running up your own electricity bill will sure show them :rolleyes:

Loki
03-27-10, 18:56
I just lit a big ass BBQ grill :D

11Bravo
03-27-10, 19:00
Was thinking of burning off some used oil in an old tire. :D
Using polar bear bones to stir it. :eek:
But I don't have any polar bear bones so guess not. :(

lethal dose
03-27-10, 19:05
Was thinking of burning off some used oil in an old tire. :D
Using polar bear bones to stir it. :eek:
But I don't have any polar bear bones so guess not. :(
I lol'd.

parishioner
03-27-10, 19:05
I heard somewhere that doing this can actually use more power than if they would just use lights normally. It has something to do with once everyone turns their lights back on it will cause the peaker plants to be kicked on due to the large demand for energy. Can any electrical people confirm?

11Bravo
03-27-10, 19:43
I lol'd.
Sweet, I have done some good today. :cool:

Argus
03-27-10, 21:28
We celebrated Human Achievement Hour (http://cei.org/news-release/2009/03/19/cei-announces-%E2%80%9Chuman-achievement-hour%E2%80%9D-coincide-%E2%80%9Cearth-hour%E2%80%9D)instead.

mtneer13
03-27-10, 21:57
i celebrated WVU beat the shit outta kintucky and sent them packin' tonight!!!

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MOUNTAINEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5pins
03-27-10, 22:10
Well I had my lights out. It was however it was still daytime here.

LHS
03-27-10, 22:14

Holy shit, we won? KICKASS!

HD1911
03-27-10, 22:31

Hahaha it twas a good game for sure...:eek:

bkb0000
03-27-10, 22:32
they have a thing called Tivo now... you're not supposed to make public announcements of game results anymore.

cougar_guy04
03-27-10, 22:43
I drove my V8 gas guzzler to go get some dinner (and I think I forgot to turn the TV off when I left). . . that count for a proper celebration? :D

bkb0000
03-27-10, 22:54
i drove 50ish miles in a truck that gets 8 miles per gallon. :)

OH! with no emissions controls. i live in the country.

SeriousStudent
03-27-10, 22:59
We burned hardwood charcoal, and grilled some steaks.

So, I increased the carbon footprint. And with any luck, the cows that we murdered had grazed on land that was formerly rain forest.

Win-win. :D

jaxman7
03-28-10, 05:25
Washington D.C. should have earth YEAR.

kwelz
03-28-10, 09:37
Ok guys. Maybe someone can explain this to me.
Why do people feel the need to go out of their way to do the opposite of these guys?

Is earth hour pretty stupid? Sure! But why the need to go to the other extreme?

Palmguy
03-28-10, 10:13
I heard somewhere that doing this can actually use more power than if they would just use lights normally. It has something to do with once everyone turns their lights back on it will cause the peaker plants to be kicked on due to the large demand for energy. Can any electrical people confirm?

The percentage of people actually participating in this nonsense is so small that it's lost in the noise anyways.

SIGguy229
03-28-10, 10:14
Ok guys. Maybe someone can explain this to me.
Why do people feel the need to go out of their way to do the opposite of these guys?

Is earth hour pretty stupid? Sure! But why the need to go to the other extreme?

Because these people needle everyone all the time about telling us how we "should" live/act....

Then we have to listen to news reports how "successful" this charade was...

By doing the opposite, 1--we give them a big F--- YOU; 2--no calls for another idiot scheme to save polar bears from melting rainforests.

I'm of the mind to leave me and mine alone....let me live in peace....I don't care how others live their life....don't tell me how to spend my money (i.e. this new "healthcare" law---run by the IRS).....don't tell me how to live....I pay for it (electricity, mortgage, water, cell phone, food, gas)--don't tell me how much I should spend or use. I have a budget...i stay within my budget. If others don't, not my problem. I don't want to pay for someone else's problems.

awm14hp
03-28-10, 10:25
I didnt do a damn thing diff as I feel you should try to make a diff everyday not just once a year for a dang hour.

kwelz
03-28-10, 10:52
I didnt do a damn thing diff as I feel you should try to make a diff everyday not just once a year for a dang hour.

I think this pretty much sums up my feelings on it.

11Bravo
03-28-10, 13:13
snip...melting rainforests...snip
WHOA!!!
The rainforests are melting now?
Son of a bitch, when did this start happening?
That's the last straw, now I am going to start taking it seriously.

:p