PDA

View Full Version : SBR Process Under Way

utarch00
04-25-07, 13:59
I sent my paperwork in the mail today. The trust was notarized yesterday. I can not wait, to get it back and shoot it.:D

Here are the components: ( Most everything from Grant)

Upper
LMT 10.5"
Standard Handguards from a Stag
LaRue rear BUIS
LMT BCG
CMT Charging Handle

Lower
Sabre Defence Reciever
Stag LPK
Stag Stock, tube, etc.

Just the bear minimum to be able to shoot it. Next year I will start to upgrade it.

Will post pics later.

Bulldog1967
04-25-07, 15:29
Good deal.

I got my Trust Form 1 back in 15 days! :eek:

VA_Dinger
05-01-07, 20:52
I got my Trust Form 1 back in 15 days! :eek:

That's amazing.

Mine took eight months (two years ago).

utarch00
05-09-07, 15:37
So far it has taken 15 calender days. The check was just cashed yesterday and the NFA office is saying it is taking 14 days for data entry, then it goes to a reviewer. This is all after the check clears. This sucks. After all of the short turn around times that I have been reading about, I was hoping to have mine soon. Oh well.

On a more positive note, my lower has been engraved. I still need to pick it up.

tiger seven
05-09-07, 16:06
I got my Form 1 back last week. It took 26 days mailbox to mailbox, but mine was an Individual and not a Trust. I'm not sure if one or the other takes longer, but I wouldn't start worrying yet.

Derek

WILDBILL
05-09-07, 18:04
Which is better the Trust or a person just files for for SBR Stamp?

Robb Jensen
05-11-07, 04:25
Which is better the Trust or a person just files for for SBR Stamp?

It used to be that Trusts, LLCs and Corp transfers were the fastest.
All are very quick to be approved lately. Quickest I've seen as of late is 16 days for both private and Trust approvals.

The trust route is better in a few circumstances. For instance. Both my wife and I are gunnuts. Sometimes we'll meet after work at the range. Since were both 'Grantors and Trustees' either one of use can possess the NFA stuff without the others presence.

Colt6920
05-11-07, 20:13
So far it has taken 15 calender days. The check was just cashed yesterday and the NFA office is saying it is taking 14 days for data entry, then it goes to a reviewer. This is all after the check clears. This sucks. After all of the short turn around times that I have been reading about, I was hoping to have mine soon. Oh well.

On a more positive note, my lower has been engraved. I still need to pick it up.
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I sent a Corp SBR off Mid March and still have not got shit back. The one before that was back in under 3 weeks. Go figger.

utarch00
05-28-07, 21:48
Well I recieved my Form 1 back Sat. I was very happy because we had a range trip scheduled for today. Well let me say what a fun trip, well worth the wait. The only problem I was having is that I could not run any Wolf through it. Luckily I had some Remington brass that I was able to put down range.

I need suggestions to get this thing running on Wolf ( I know, " I should be shooting better ammo"). Well I have my reasons and I want to shoot Wolf, if I can.

The problem is, with the Wolf, it would not strip the next round from the magazine. After the first round would fire, there would not be another round in the chamber. I think this is called short stroking?

Specs are as followed:
LMT 10.5" upper
LMT BCG w/ black extractor insert and Crane O-Ring
H buffer w/ ISMI spring
PMAGS, but did try a USGI metal mag and that did not work

Should I go back to a standard buffer spring? What buffer should I use? Standard or 9MM

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

madone
05-29-07, 07:54
Specs are as followed:
LMT 10.5" upper
LMT BCG w/ black extractor insert and Crane O-Ring
H buffer w/ ISMI spring
PMAGS, but did try a USGI metal mag and that did not work

Should I go back to a standard buffer spring? What buffer should I use? Standard or 9MM

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Tagged for responses. I had the same issue yesterday with Wolf. Same upper, CMT BCG, stock CAR buffer, USGI mags.

I was planning doing the extractor and H buffer upgrade...but will wait to see.