PDA

View Full Version : USMC IFAK vs others? Who makes the best USGI kit?

alfred10
03-28-10, 14:25
Who has the best combat first aid kit? What does the IFAK contain exactly? Where can I get one? Want a combat first aid kit for my gear at the range.

infidelprodigy
03-28-10, 15:22
The Army IFAK has a CAT TQ, primed gauze, an Izzy bandage, a NPA airway, roll of medical tape and I think that is it (been a little bit since I looked at a standard issue one).

I'm not too sure as to the exact contents of the USMC one, but I do know it has more and better equipment than the Army's IFAK.

A buddy of mine who's a Navy medic was in the sandbox circa 2007, told me they had Quickclot (a mix of the old stuff that burned and the new ACS), chest seals, some cinch-tight bandages (I think they work better than the Izzy, especially the H version). I'm not sure if they switched to the CAT TQ or are still using the old Delta TQ. When my boy was over there he begged, borrowed, and stole enough CAT's and SOFT-T TQ's for him and his Marines.

Decon
04-07-10, 21:10
Who has the best combat first aid kit? What does the IFAK contain exactly? Where can I get one? Want a combat first aid kit for my gear at the range.

Not sure exactly what your looking for since you mention in a general sense a combat first aid kit and then more specifically an IFAK. If you really want to pay for someone to put something together for you, and there's nothing wrong with that, I personally use a lot of stuff from Tactical Medical Solutions. I think you can find something that you like there. It just depends on what your looking for. I have never bought any of their loaded kits as I deal mostly in bulk, but, like I said, use a lot of their stuff. There are also other companies out there putting together IFAKs. I think their site is www.tacmedsolutions.com or something similar.

Good Luck

D

A-Bear680
04-08-10, 05:50
Check out the Stickie on "Kit Recommendations " .
Click on the link to "Components of a Decent Trauma Kit" for solid info on the USMC & Army IFAK's : pic's , charts , names & NSN of every component as well as lots of info from some very experienced people. There is also info on what to add to the basic kits : Wider tape , strap cutter , a decent chest seal , whatever.
Might not hurt to look at the SOCOM IFAK as well.

chuckman
04-12-10, 14:09
For range use, everything you need can be had at the local pharmacy in the bangaging and first aid aisle. You can get what you need at a fraction of the cost of purchasing a kit. Unless, of course, if you have a ton of money to spend, then contact me and I can build you an awesome kit! :)

But whatever you get, make sure you are schooled on how to use the stuff.