PDA

View Full Version : NH - Intruder shot. (Video)

Irish
03-28-10, 16:13
http://www.wmur.com/news/22953529/detail.html

LINCOLN, N.H. -- A home intruder was shot in the leg in Lincoln on Wednesday night, police said.

Police said an intoxicated man entered an apartment at 29 Main St. at about 8:30 p.m. A resident fired a warning shot into the wall before shooting the man in the leg, police said.

"The best we can piece together is that (the intruder) knew someone who used to live in that apartment, and he thought that individual might still have been there," said Chief Theodore Smith.

The people inside the apartment threw the man out, but police said he returned.

"Then, he proceeded to come back into the place and threatened one of them," Smith said. "The individual pulled out a weapon to defend himself."

Neighbor Woody Woolridge said he didn't hear anything before the gunshots because of construction going on in an apartment next door.

"I heard a shot, and then a little while later, I heard another one," he said.

The resident who fired the shot said the intruder backed him up against his bed.

"He fired one warning shot, then he shot the guy in the leg when the guy continued to advance towards him," Smith said.

That bullet lodged in the floor. Police said the suspect was taken to a hospital for treatment and then placed in protective custody. No one else was injured.

Police said the suspect will likely be charged with criminal threatening and criminal trespass. No charges are pending against the resident.

The resident told News 9 that he didn't get much sleep Wednesday night. He said he kept saying to himself, "I can't believe I shot somebody."
Not recommended.

geminidglocker
03-28-10, 19:20
What's not recommended? :confused:

jhurt
03-28-10, 19:44
Warning shots are not recommended. In fact they are ignorant. If you need to pull the trigger the time for warnings has passed.