PDA

View Full Version : Need different tailcap for G2

Redhat
03-28-10, 19:58
I have a G2 mounted on my carbine but I do not like the tail cap as it is too easy to hit by unintentionally.

Is there a better option? One that is somewhat protected. If so where is the best place to get it?

Thanks

Copis
03-28-10, 20:46
my G2 cap was a little loose.... surefire sent me a new one that was tighter with no questions asked.....they also offered me a discount on a clickie....what more can one ask for?

GREAT service

Redhat
03-28-10, 21:03
Thanks,

The tailcap works as it should, it's the design with the button exposed that I don't care for when mounted on a rifle.

SmokeJumper
03-28-10, 21:16
2 possible options that I can think of:

1. SureFire Z49 or Z59 -both click on/off tail caps for your light. Mine requires a bit more pressure to push for momentary function and then even more pressure for the constant on

2. XM07 tail cap with tape switch and push on/off switch. I recently installed this on my work rifle, not a bad option and the tape switch can be unplugged and removed, the push on/off switch is a bit shrouded on this one, might be something that might work.

Any ways, a couple more ideas to kick around. How is your light mounted?

Redhat
03-28-10, 21:25
Thanks,

It's mounted in a VTAC mount at about 10 o'clock. I think a shrouded type cap might be what I'm looking for.

Harv
03-28-10, 21:44
I'm a big fan of the Z-49 clickie tail cap... it's all I run on my two guns with G2s.

Been running them for years and no White Light ND's and they are very reliable.

Redhat
03-28-10, 21:45
Thanks,

Can you recommend the best place to purchase?"

SmokeJumper
03-29-10, 22:01
I would say SureFire, they give a %25 LE discount if that will work for you or your favorite local dealer. I recently had to go through SureFire for new tail caps because no one else had them in stock. They seem to be an item not stocked by local dealers, at least in my experience.

Chameleox
03-30-10, 08:15
SKD also has them. If no one's familiar with them, SKD is well reviewed here, and is a model for CS and quick shipping.

Redhat
03-30-10, 17:31
Thanks again all,

I received it today from SWFA...closer to me in TX.

Works great but makes the light a little longer.

I think I'll like it.