PDA

View Full Version : Moscow Bombings

xrayoneone
03-29-10, 01:00
More to come I'm sure. My prayers go out to the victims and families.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/03/29/blast-moscow-metro-kills/

Safetyhit
03-29-10, 08:44
I hope the retaliation is swift, silent and devastating.

Alex V
03-29-10, 09:02
I hope the retaliation is swift, silent and devastating.

Just like it was in the movie theater in 2002. Even though the theater was pumped full of fentanyl and everyone was passed out, somehow most of the terrorists had bullet holes in the foreheads...

I don't think the FSB should take ANY prisoners. If our government's hands are tied by the PC police Russia's sure aren't.

jacobswel
03-29-10, 09:14
Just heard about this on CNN. Very sad.

TAZ
03-29-10, 10:20
Very sad. Prayers to all the families.

I don't think I'd want to be on any ruskie radar right now. Just hope they get the right folks along with all the others they are going to nail.

Irish
03-29-10, 11:09
Amateur video in the subway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjjy46fg1e4&feature=player_embedded#

Alex V
03-29-10, 12:43
What goes around comes around!

Are you saying Russia strapped home made boms to women's chests and blew them up in the Chechen subway?

I don't remember hearing that...

In fact I don't remember hearing of anyone of the Judeo-Christian faith strapping a bomb to their ass and blowing themselves up in a muslim country's public transportation system.

So I am not sure what you are getting at.

You may be trying to get at the fact that Russia may not have the best human rights record, or they may opress parts of the muslim population inside their borders, but the way I see it, they are one of the only countries who has the balls to not lay down and take it from the muslim world like most of the rest of Europe.

d90king
03-29-10, 12:51
Prayers to the victims families. What is wrong with people anymore....?

Mac5.56
03-29-10, 14:09
Amateur video in the subway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjjy46fg1e4&feature=player_embedded#

I am in a state of befuddelment that they police would allow another train to stop at that same station so shortly after the attack.

Voodoochild
03-29-10, 14:11
Let's keep it civil here people or this thread will be locked and timeouts will be passed out.

John_Wayne777
03-29-10, 14:12
Are you having a hard time deciding who you are? Alex V or Safetyhit? Go take a hike!

Knock it off.

Now.

Safetyhit
03-29-10, 14:35
Are you having a hard time deciding who you are...

My friend, I would be happy to engage you on either this comment or any other as long as you speak with clarity and fact.

However, if you don't feel for those completely innocent commuters there in Russia, who tomorrow could very possibly be Americans in any of one of our numerous subways, this via the exact same hate-based premise, then perhaps no explanations are needed for your feelings.

Moon Doggie
03-29-10, 14:50
Are you saying Russia strapped home made boms to women's chests and blew them up in the Chechen subway?

I don't remember hearing that...

In fact I don't remember hearing of anyone of the Judeo-Christian faith strapping a bomb to their ass and blowing themselves up in a muslim country's public transportation system.

So I am not sure what you are getting at.

You may be trying to get at the fact that Russia may not have the best human rights record, or they may opress parts of the muslim population inside their borders, but the way I see it, they are one of the only countries who has the balls to not lay down and take it from the muslim world like most of the rest of Europe.

Did Frog mean that the Russians will give back what they got?

ETA; I guess not , woahhhh

TAZ
03-29-10, 14:52
I am in a state of befuddelment that they police would allow another train to stop at that same station so shortly after the attack.

Probably not much choice in the matter. Hard to turn a subway around or re route to a different station. Probably faster to keep things moving forwards and get the people off the trains and out of the tubes and disperse a tempting target. Sux to have to walk through that, but I'd rather have to deal with seeing it and be free and clear than have to deal with any follow ups confined in a tube.

Alex V
03-29-10, 14:57
Very well spoken, and of course, I agree completely.

My friend, I would be happy to engage you on either this comment or any other as long as you speak with clarity and fact.

However, if you don't feel for those completely innocent commuters there in Russia, who tomorrow could very possibly be Americans in any of one of our numerous subways, this via the exact same hate-based premise, then perhaps no explanations are needed for your feelings.

Exactly right, no one should die at the hands of crazed religious zelots. Regardless of how you feel about the country those people are citizens of.

What if American Indians started to do similar things here today? Would you feel it to be justified because early American settlers commited some pretty heinous acts towards them? Or are your feeling such only because its Russia? The US's sworn enemy for '45 to '89?

Hot Sauce
03-29-10, 15:56
On the one hand, this is a terrible tragedy, and this scourge of terrorism should be fought and is not justified anywhere. My sympathies to the families of the victims.

However, the Russian government also has to put up a complete front against cooperating with terrorists, not only the ones who threaten them directly. Instead, their leaders kiss and welcome Hamas and proclaim them as legitimate. Its sending out mixed messages.

GermanSynergy
03-29-10, 18:04
I have no doubt that Russia will retaliate in a big way for this. When things like this happens the Russians don't form blue ribbon panels, commissions, inter faith dialogue sessions and the like.

Dragon Slayer
03-29-10, 18:43
On the one hand, this is a terrible tragedy, and this scourge of terrorism should be fought and is not justified anywhere. My sympathies to the families of the victims.

However, the Russian government also has to put up a complete front against cooperating with terrorists, not only the ones who threaten them directly. Instead, their leaders kiss and welcome Hamas and proclaim them as legitimate. Its sending out mixed messages.

I fully agree with your first paragraph i do not want to see anybody hurt by terrorists but I also agree with your second paragraph, the Russians have supported, trained, encouraged every terrorist group and rouge regime in the world that attacked Israel and the Jews for the last 62 years. I know because i fought them myself.

Even now Russia is supporting Iran that wants to destroy Israel so what goes around comes around is a correct saying.

Cagemonkey
03-29-10, 19:18
I fully agree with your first paragraph i do not want to see anybody hurt by terrorists but I also agree with your second paragraph, the Russians have supported, trained, encouraged every terrorist group and rouge regime in the world that attacked Israel and the Jews for the last 62 years. I know because i fought them myself.

Even now Russia is supporting Iran that wants to destroy Israel so what goes around comes around is a correct saying.I agree. As a humanitarian me sympathies to the victims. As a concerned American about Russia's helping Iran get nuclear weapons and supporting the Syrians, well its time to shit or get off the pot regarding islamic terrorism. I wish they'd quit supporting our adversaries regardless of the principles involved.

Count Chocula
03-29-10, 19:26
This is sad and I'm sure the Russians will be kicking some ass with a quickness. At the same time I hope this is a bit of a wake up call for them. They need to stop supporting Iran in their endeavors to get nukes or worse things WILL happen world wide.

If I were Obammy I would fly to Russia for some serious talks about the GWOT. Just my 2 cents...

Safetyhit
03-29-10, 19:37
Russia has some loathsome allies, as well as business partners. Surely we can all agree. They are no angels and do deserve some ethical backlash.

But that still has nothing to do with the common folk in the subway who are just going to and from work. The Chechen war technique is so poor and unethical that it will be their undoing, and very rightfully so.

After Belsan, I couldn't care less what the repercussions are.

Cagemonkey
03-29-10, 19:51
Russia has some loathsome allies, as well as business partners. Surely we can all agree. They are no angels and do deserve some ethical backlash.

But that still has nothing to do with the common folk in the subway who are just going to and from work. The Chechen war technique is so poor and unethical that it will be their undoing, and very rightfully so.

After Belsan, I couldn't care less what the repercussions are.I agree. Its fun to watch the Bear dole out some retribution since they don't give a shit about being PC.

Left Sig
03-29-10, 20:15
Do Islamic extremists always bite the hand that feeds them? As others have said, Russia is supporting their efforts in Iran and Syria, supplying them with small arms - RPG's and AK's, and recognizing as an ally anyone who denounces the US.

So now with the backing of a major nuclear power that keeps the US and Israel from going too far, they want to piss them off too? Talk about trying to ensure they have no friends left in the world.

I hope the Russians go medieval.

khc3
03-29-10, 21:24
Just like it was in the movie theater in 2002. Even though the theater was pumped full of fentanyl and everyone was passed out, somehow most of the terrorists had bullet holes in the foreheads...

I don't think the FSB should take ANY prisoners. If our government's hands are tied by the PC police Russia's sure aren't.

And 150 hostages took an eternal dirt nap.

That's the kind of "rescue" I could do without.

Cobra66
03-29-10, 23:24
Do Islamic extremists always bite the hand that feeds them? As others have said, Russia is supporting their efforts in Iran and Syria, supplying them with small arms - RPG's and AK's, and recognizing as an ally anyone who denounces the US.

So now with the backing of a major nuclear power that keeps the US and Israel from going too far, they want to piss them off too? Talk about trying to ensure they have no friends left in the world.

I hope the Russians go medieval.

The US, Russia, and the countries of the EU all love to play the various Islamic factions around as proxies for our political goals. We think that we can "control" our own little Islamic devils. The Russians support the Iranians to foil US interests in Western Asia, the US supports the Mujaheddin to cripple the Soviet Union, part of whom become the Taliban and support Al Qaeda (and we were even happy to provide support for Chechnya until Beslan), and even Israel provides arms to Pakistan who turns around and supports Hammas, no one in the West is really taking the threat of Islam as serious as they should and it will come back to bite us as it already has. You may see it as biting the hand that feeds them, but in the eyes of the Islamic fundamentalists we are all the Infidel and will all either submit, convert, or die in time, and they have no allegiance to anyone who is not of their particular brand of Islam. Until the Western powers (including Russia) put down their regional squabbles and recognize this for the cultural war that it is, there will never be a unified front against Islamic terror. :(

The only saving grace we have is that the Islamic fundamentalists are even more divided as the West is.

jrainer
03-29-10, 23:57
Is that just me that command is directed at?

Why yes it was this site is filled with 99% inteligent people you my friend are not part or that 99%

Mac5.56
03-30-10, 00:10
Really?

You guys are really going back there? Come on.

Ridge_Runner_5
03-30-10, 00:20
Am I in before the lock?

tampam4
03-30-10, 00:29
Prayers to the fallen and their families. May the Russians do to the Chechens what the Chechens did to those 7. Russ. conscripts some years back.

chadbag
03-30-10, 00:39
While I have no doubt that the Russians, who do not practice PC to a great extent (which is kind of funny as the concept originated there kind of), will swiftly mete out justice to those involved, lets hope that they don't go overboard and hurt a lot of innocent people in their rounding up and executing the perpetrators. They kind of have a history of using a sort of terror themselves -- rounding up groups of people claimed to be part of whatever enemy they were attacking at the time -- without necessarily getting all the right people or really caring.

cobra90gt
03-30-10, 03:35
RIP to the victims. :(

John_Wayne777
03-30-10, 07:02
Words from a moron!

...so after being instructed in no uncertain terms to knock it off, you instead persist.

That's fine. Enjoy your ban.

Now that the disruptive influence has been ejected from this thread...and the site for a while...please ignore his posts.

Alex V
03-30-10, 08:27
And 150 hostages took an eternal dirt nap.

That's the kind of "rescue" I could do without.

That was simply a result of the poor judgement and training of the FSB. Terribly unfortunate. It happens all the time there. The Russian people are not known for their foresight. Look what they did in 1917 and how wondeful that turned out.

They saw the gas as a way to make everyone go to sleep, go in, shoot the sleeping terrorists, and get the civilians out. They did not think that since the gas was not administered in a controlled way, some would overdose.

The enteres the constant secrecy that is part of Russian coulture. The medics had no idea what the people were exposed to because the FSB would not tell them.

This is, unfortunatly, to be expected from Russia.

I just hope they roll in with the T80's and lay the smackdown.

Cascades236
03-30-10, 19:06
coming to a city near you. train hard