PDA

View Full Version : Same M&P9 two different prices.

Nav195
03-29-10, 02:48
was in a local shop today looking at the M&Ps. There are two M&P9's one price 599 the other 449. I asked the guy behind the counter and he had no idea why that was. he did say he overheard another employee talking maybe had something to do with a CA compliant gun vs a Michagan Compliant but thats all he had. I DO Live in CA. the employee had no way to differentiate them so that I can research different model numbers or anything. any ideas?

Alpha Sierra
03-29-10, 05:54
Were they both new?

macman37
03-29-10, 06:35
I've never heard of a gun being called "Michigan Compliant"... and I live in MI!

Maybe that was a joke or something... MI doesn't have "high-cap" bans or super stringent drop tests or anything like what California has...

javentre
03-29-10, 06:45
He probably confused Massachusetts and Michigan.

There are MA specific parts in the M&P, I believe it's the trigger bar & spring.

cgcorrea
03-29-10, 07:24
was in a local shop today looking at the M&Ps. There are two M&P9's one price 599 the other 449. I asked the guy behind the counter and he had no idea why that was. he did say he overheard another employee talking maybe had something to do with a CA compliant gun vs a Michagan Compliant but thats all he had. I DO Live in CA. the employee had no way to differentiate them so that I can research different model numbers or anything. any ideas?

Does one of them have night sights?

beastfrog
03-29-10, 09:12
Were the SKU's the same?

C4IGrant
03-29-10, 09:26

My guess is that one was an LE pistol and one was not.

To my knowledge, there are only MA and CA compliant guns (no MI) and there is no price difference between them.

C4

Nav195
03-29-10, 12:26
Both guns were new, and not LEO. Well I guess their pricing is wrong on one so. Some one will be getting a better deal. Thanks for te replys.

C4IGrant
03-29-10, 13:16
Both guns were new, and not LEO. Well I guess their pricing is wrong on one so. Some one will be getting a better deal. Thanks for te replys.

How do you know it wasn't LE? What was the SKU?

C4

Nav195
03-29-10, 13:33
How do you know it wasn't LE? What was the SKU?

C4

both had ten rnd mags. Im not LE and I could buy it, and This store doesnt sell LE guns. THe SKU's the same. and no night sights or thumb safety. I couldnt pull the trigger to feel heavier pull or longer reset because they keep those stupid trigger locks on them.

C4IGrant
03-29-10, 13:50
both had ten rnd mags. Im not LE and I could buy it, and This store doesnt sell LE guns. THe SKU's the same. and no night sights or thumb safety. I couldnt pull the trigger to feel heavier pull or longer reset because they keep those stupid trigger locks on them.

None of the things you have listed matters. The fact that the SKU's were the same and one was priced differently is the tell.

C4