PDA

View Full Version : dillon dealers?

nwcatman
03-29-10, 07:11
any advantage to one over the others? i know there are two with the owners having the same names, and the factory, any others w/better or equal deals for the 650? thanks!

chadbag
03-29-10, 11:09
Any really legit dealers should all be priced the same due to Dillon price policies. If someone is advertising less than Blue Press prices in the open, then they are not abiding by that policy.

So it comes down to shipping costs, help you get on the phone or by email answering your questions, etc.

The factory has higher shipping costs but they have the biggest stock.

I stock a lot of stuff but have been special ordering the 650 since they come complete from the factory with the conversion kit preinstalled so it costs me a lot of money to have 650s sitting around on the shelf to cover the normal calibers. I am only one state away from Dillon so I usually get them in about 3 days, plus or minus a day so it is not a big delay. I usually have 550s in stock since the conversion kits are a separate but included item so it is not a big cost to have a good selection on hand. I offer free shipping on Dillon orders over $375 for example, and lower shipping on smaller orders. I also include a small item or two on Dillon orders over $400.

Other dealers also have discounted or even free shipping as well. So whoever you feel most comfortable with or gives you the best deal I guess.