PDA

View Full Version : OH - Burglar shot & killed.

Irish
03-29-10, 08:05
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2010/03/28/man-killed-during-break-in-attempt.html?sid=101

Columbus police yesterday identified the victim in a Friday night shooting on the Northeast Side as Charles R. Sprague, 35, of Columbus.

Sprague was shot while trying to break into an apartment at 5764 Cooper Rd., said detective James Day of the homicide squad. A man inside the apartment fired shots because he felt threatened by Sprague, Day said.

"It appeared that the victim in this incident was the aggressor and that the shooter was acting in self-defense," Day said. "He'd actually tried to force his way into the apartment at the back door when this occurred."

Sprague was shot outside the apartment, which is in a three-unit building between Minerva Park and Westerville. He died shortly after 10 p.m. at Mount Carmel St. Ann's hospital.

Sprague was a registered sex offender with a criminal history that includes a 2006 conviction for gross sexual imposition. He served a sentence of a year and a half at Madison Correctional Institution before his release in November 2007. He was still under the Adult Parole Authority's supervision, state prison records show.

Day said the shooter told investigators that he fought with Sprague, who was nearly twice his size, and tried to convince him to leave before firing shots.

Detectives released the shooter after questioning. The case will be sent to the Franklin County grand jury for review.

lethal dose
03-29-10, 09:14
i don't like how they refer to the aggressor as "the victim" simply because he is dead, now. if you ask me, the man who was broken in on and was, in turn, was left with no choice but to use force is the victim.

Irish
03-29-10, 09:40
I agree, it is a bit confusing reading the article.

TAZ
03-29-10, 10:27
WTF is gross sexual imposition???? Is that the new PC term for rape these days? Makes you wonder how the heck someone convicted of gross sexual imposition is out on parole after a year and a half. Good news I guess is that he won't be wasting any more oxygen and tax $$. Hope the POS spends eternity in hell being castrated with a rusty spoon and ball peen hammer.

Semper Paratus
03-29-10, 20:19
I love to see good news.....;)