PDA

View Full Version : Timberwolf ??

chuckman
03-29-10, 09:35
First post. I didn't see an intro section. I am not totally new to ARs, but been away for quite a while, with the last use being my issued M4. I recently acquired a Timberwolf. I didn't see much on the internet. Any news about these folks? I am trying to learn as much as I can, trying to learn what I don't know and what I don't remember from the old days. Thanks.

GreyOps
03-29-10, 11:47
I've only ever seen one example of their product. It was a bolt brought into a local shop when I happened to be there, that was very obviously binding on the barrel extension lugs and interfering with chambering, the bolt had to be reshaped to lower high-points behind the locking lugs for it to function properly. The extractor also refused to move and did not extract fired casings. Upon further investigation the extractor recess in the bolt was not milled straight and caused the extractor to bind. No MP or HPI markings, or any manufacturer markings on the bolt or carrier at all for that matter. The Gas Key was not staked either. I had never heard of "Timberwolf" prior to this and, like I said, this is the only product of theirs I have seen.