PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of firearms trainer Bruce Parkin?

Irish
03-29-10, 14:56
Anybody ever hear of Bruce Parkin? I can't find any info on him and from his ad I would think there'd be something considering how modest he is. Here's his ad he has posted on an internet site here locally.

With almost 30 years in the industry,I cut out all the hype, misinformation and egos.
These classes & courses are built around,instructing,coaching and
counseling,individuals,(men and women alike,) on the use of firearms in a high stress,self defense environment.
Learn the fundamentals and on through to the advanced
techniques employed by the true professionals around the world.
Learn what the industry doesn't want you to know and how to avoid
the trappings and pit falls that are already in place.
I have almost 30 years of back ground as an instructor. I've worked with,or for, some of the big names in the industry that you might have heard of.
I am listed specifically by name in books and magazines.
I have trained individuals from all walks of life.
Civilians,Law Enforcement,and Military Personnel have all benefited from these techniques.
Classes are limited to no more than 4 to 5 students at a time. This is to insure personal time & oversight. My goal is to teach to use your firearm to the best of your ability at a cost that is far under the industry standard.

d90king
03-29-10, 15:27
Maybe he's a Fronsight grad...:rolleyes:

This vid is priceless.:D
http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2010/03/28/ignatius-piazza-gadsden-flying-at-front-sight/#video

ohiorifleman
03-29-10, 15:33
Just needs to put millionaire patriot somewhere in his bio.:D

Spiffums
03-29-10, 15:35
I was a teen age Billionaire Patriot.

I have often thought about what I would do if I had a couple million bucks and it didn't go to my head the day I got it.......... training and arming America never entered my mind.

tampam4
03-29-10, 15:39
Maybe he's a Fronsight grad...:rolleyes:

This vid is priceless.:D
http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2010/03/28/ignatius-piazza-gadsden-flying-at-front-sight/#video

That commercial with that music is asking to be spoofed on Family Guy.

Irish
03-29-10, 15:41
I dropped him an email asking about his credentials. I'll post what he comes back with for future reference in case someone else comes along asking the same question.

d90king
03-29-10, 15:58
That commercial with that music is asking to be spoofed on Family Guy.

Gotta love the Van Halen and the girls wearing tube tops (I think thats what they are called)... In most schools that would be a "violation" and they would be asked to hit the delete button on that...

13F3OL7
03-29-10, 20:51
Don't forget the simulated baby.:D

Jscrilla21
03-29-10, 21:19
Don't forget the simulated baby.:D

Hahaha the baby is the best part of that video

M4Fundi
03-29-10, 23:07
Irishluck did you upgrade your avatar recently?

Irish
03-30-10, 10:43
His response to my inquiry was...

Starting in the early 80's and on through the early 90's, I studied under and later became, a west coast representative for ( "Chuck Taylor" American Small Arms Academy.) Proof of this can be gained by obtaining copies of "Combat Handguns" from the 90's. As an example I site, " Combat Handguns" the edition of June 1990, page 68 & 69 where I am listed as the contact person for Chuck Taylor ASAA classes being held in California. I do have some older copies in my files if proof is absolutely necessary. More over I have all class records from the 80's & 90's.

Also, I am listed specifically, by name in the book "The Tactical Advantage" by Gabriel Suarez, in the section titled "ACKNOWLEDGMENTS " page IX.
There I am labeled as a "Warrior Scholar" Further more, there is a picture of me on the front cover holding a large knife in an aggressive stance. As well as, another picture inside the book itself.
In the mid 90's I was recruited by Mr. Taylor to be an instructor at the new firearms school "Front Sight" where, Mr. Taylor held the position of Director. While at Front Sight, I was an instructor in all small arms disciplines. Pistol, Shotgun, Submachine Gun, Rifle and "Tactics"

As for being a participant in a real world situation involving a gun fight, the answer to your question is yes. It involved a hostage. The attacker was sent to Emergency & Intensive care and the hostage, while emotionally distraught , was physically unharmed.
My list of Accomplishments, Experiences, Certificates, & Research goes on and can & will be covered at another time and / or place.

I have trained numerous individuals from all walks of life. I do not discus individuals, operational status of individuals, or, any knowledge of operations
for the reasons as follows.
(1) Individuals may be involved in sensitive operations, i.e. "Classified"
(2) Training of some individuals and clients are requested to be kept
classified and / or confidential. (I can & will sign confidentiality agreements.)
(3) It is unprofessional to release information about any person without their
permission and / or consent.
If the afore mentioned is unsatisfactory, then I would highly suggest classes and training from either or both of these two sources.

(1) http://chucktayloramericansmallarmsacademy.com/
(2) http://www.suarezinternationalstore.com/

Both Gabe & Chuck are extraordinary individuals with overwhelming skills and track records.

If you are interested in any of my classes, or have any more questions,
please feel free to contact me.