PDA

View Full Version : Glock Sights

ras61541
03-29-10, 16:13
Let me start by saying that I am a huge fan of glocks, i just thought this was interesting and thought I would share.

Towards the end of last year I bought a Glock 27 to use as my back-up at work. I took it to the range and couldn't seem to hit anything with it. I was shooting at steel and actually hit the target to the right of the one I was aiming at a couple of times. I notched it up to not being used to the smaller grip/sight radius and just thought i needed more practice.

Well, the other day I took my 22, 23, and 27 out and was dead on with the 22 and 23. I actually held the tightest pattern with my 27 but all of the shots were about an inch to the right. I was quite agravated but again thought it was just me.

When I got home I was cleaning my guns and noticed that the rear sight on my 27 was shifted all the way to the right of the slide. Apparently this how it came out of the box but I just didn't pay attention to it.

So make sure you check your sights when you buy a new gun... (and I am still a huge Glock fan)

M4arc
03-29-10, 19:15
I know a lot of Glock fans like to say that you can shoot it straight out of the box without doing anything to it but this just proves that you should always give any gun a good once over, especially if you think you might rely on that gun to save your life.

I recommend giving all new guns a minor (at least) cleaning and thorough inspection before hitting the range for the first time.

Just tap your sight over with a brass punch.

markm
03-29-10, 19:24
I would have caught that immediately. I'm really particular about my sights. Generally I'll turn the OEM plastic sight around (backwards) for a black sight picture until I get some aftermarket steel sights.

My G27 is easily as accurate as my G22. I was surprised in the opposite... as I expected the short pistol to be mediocre in the accuracy department.

M4arc
03-29-10, 19:27
I would have caught that immediately. I'm really particular about my sights. Generally I'll turn the OEM plastic sight around (backwards) for a black sight picture until I get some aftermarket steel sights.

My G27 is easily as accurate as my G22. I was surprised in the opposite... as I expected the short pistol to be mediocre in the accuracy department.

I was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy of my G26 as well. I think I'm slightly more accurate with it than I am my G19 & G17.

skyugo
03-29-10, 23:01
I was pleasantly surprised at the accuracy of my G26 as well. I think I'm slightly more accurate with it than I am my G19 & G17.

the 26 is freakishly accurate. :confused:

ras61541
03-29-10, 23:02
Yeah, like I said, my group was much tighter with the 27 than with either of them. I feel kind of stupid for not noticing the rear sight being off that much at first. Oh well, it was a quick fix and a lesson well learned...

Here is a shot of the target I mentioned earlier; 22 on the left, 23 in the center, 27 on the right (15 rounds each).

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx104/ras61541/Range/Image0015.jpg?t=1269920937