PDA

View Full Version : Horrible or Hilarious

mnoe82
03-29-10, 18:52
I know how I feel but I'm interested in what y'all see here.

http://www.break.com/index/scarface-school-play.html

tampam4
03-29-10, 19:18
That is so incredibly wrong on so many levels.

Billy_Dee
03-29-10, 19:48
I'm all for not keeping kids in the dark, and for exposing them to the truth. That said, this cannot possibly be teaching these kids anything good. If that play was at a school there is no way that it is public. I'd be interested to hear the parents of these kids take on this. As funny as these kids are acting like that , in an obscene macabre kind of way, I thought it was kinda twisted. BD

parishioner
03-29-10, 19:52
That was disturbing to say the least.

Honu
03-29-10, 21:18
the parents allowing this is why I think our society will crap out and hit the fan

parents dont care anymore ! screw the kids I know lets use them for political messages and our own sick humor ?

then when they are in HS the moms can try to sleep with the girls boyfriend !

kids at this age should not be exposed etc.. to this crap
truth ? yes but filtered of what they need to know etc.
example
teach them about bad people that could harm you but you would never have them act out stuff
you can tell them some people are not good never talk to strangers etc..
but at this age you would not tell them if someone gets you they are going to rape torture then kill you by cutting your throat and stuffing you in a luggage then throw your dead body in a lake !!!! and we are going to have a play to act this out !!!

orionz06
03-29-10, 21:56
I cant believe the kid in white said "mang"

mnoe82
03-29-10, 22:25
I am rarely shocked by the actions of others, but the parents of these kids have freaking blown my mind. Nothing good could possibly come from this.

mr_smiles
03-29-10, 23:00
The acting was awful, nothing like the movie...

JonnyVain
03-29-10, 23:06
Very disturbing.

trio
03-29-10, 23:17
i'm the father of 4 and 8 year old sons...

there is no way on God's green acre they would be allowed to participate in this shit as part of school...

my extreme hope is that this was not any sort of educationally sanctioned event, but was rather part of some sort of acting class for kids...similar to what those asswipe "pageant parents" force there kids to do...even then, I agree with the above poster...if it is some sort of acting school, make them act out scenes that don't involve cocaine, shooting your sister and her husband, and mass homicide....truthfully I find it amazing they had the discretion to have them say "fudger" and "b" instead of the words they were so clearly representing...

wholly inappropriate...

Shadow1198
03-30-10, 01:26
Wow, that was totally inappropriate for kids of those ages to be doing. The kids don't need a beating, their parents need a beating for allowing that.

Ak44
03-30-10, 01:45
I found that hilarious, but then again I don't have kids. They didn't follow the story line completely, Tony's sister shoots him not the other way around.

kal
03-30-10, 01:48
I can't possibly see how the kids can be severely affected by this act.

They're not going to grow up to be murderers and cocaine users, calm down.

Ak44
03-30-10, 01:54
I was hoping the Tony Kid was gonna stuff his face in the popcorn hahaha

Oscar 319
03-30-10, 02:44
What......the......fudge?

cobra90gt
03-30-10, 03:23
Oh my, think of the children ! :D ;) :p

Beebo
03-30-10, 07:08
It seems we haven't fallen this far quite yet...

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Elementary-School-Scarface-Play-Is-Not-Real-138731.shtml

skyugo
03-30-10, 10:00
:D
oh god thats' wrong.
"you do coke and you kill people!"
"i'm leaving you motherfudger"

lethal dose
03-30-10, 10:04
Really? Wow.

d90king
03-30-10, 10:07

Disgusting and sad to say the least!

PLANT CORN, GROW CORN....

Chameleox
03-30-10, 10:15
Well I'll be a Son of a ...B!
The romantic subplot felt mailed in.

RNorris
03-30-10, 14:56
I'm not a prude at all, I have the same sick sense of humor that many on this site do....but that was too much. No WAY would I allow my kids to participate in that nonsense.

jacobswel
03-30-10, 16:32
What parent or teacher thought that would be a good idea? If my kids school tried that I would have very strong words for them.

John_Wayne777
03-30-10, 17:02

Scarface?

Scarface?

Ya. That's appropriate for kids.

Heavy Metal
03-30-10, 17:17
I wonder how long till south park makes an episode out of this?

Alex V
03-30-10, 18:19
am I the only one who could not stop laughing?

SoDak
03-30-10, 18:43
I wonder how long till south park makes an episode out of this?

They sort of did already.
Probably NSFW (just watch the first 30 sec).
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104441

CarlosDJackal
03-30-10, 22:07
And I'm willing to bet that they banned any Nativity plays. :eek:

There isn't very many things that would disturb me. But that just disturbs the hell out of me. :(

PdxMotoxer
03-31-10, 12:28
Just so you guy's know this IS NOT REAL.

This isn't even a real "play" this is a directed video from Marc Klasfeld and Rockhard Films.

http://www.tmz.com/page/4/#ixzz0jm97yM7z

director Marc Klasfeld and Rockhard Films who did the videos for Lady Gaga's "Pokerface" and Adam Lambert's "For Your Entertainment." It was produced in L.A. within the last few weeks and the audience members were a mix of cast family members, colleagues and friends. :rolleyes:

---------------^------^-----------------------
This was made to stir up controversy.
Just because you seen it on this interwebs doesn't make it "real". ;)
i agree real kids were used in the filming of this.

Honu
03-31-10, 12:42
Just so you guy's know this IS NOT REAL.

This isn't even a real "play" this is a directed video from Marc Klasfeld and Rockhard Films.

yes it was real the kids were real kids that had parents that let them do this !!

even for a publicity stunt who cares parents should protect their children not use them !!!

the fact it was done for a publicity stunt in some ways makes it worse as the parents used their kids for their own wacky gains

ForTehNguyen
03-31-10, 13:29
yes it was real the kids were real kids that had parents that let them do this !!

even for a publicity stunt who cares parents should protect their children not use them !!!

the fact it was done for a publicity stunt in some ways makes it worse as the parents used their kids for their own wacky gains

they were experienced child actors too

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Elementary-School-Scarface-A-ScarFAKE-17836.html

The other day, our own Eric Eisenberg reported that an elementary school recreated a scene from the classic 1983 film Scarface, using fake guns and replacing the f-word (not always successfully) with the more kid friendly "fudge". The video circulated like wildfire through the intertubes, quickly becoming the most talked about video on the web.

Unfortunately, it's as fake as Heidi Montag's boobs. According to TMZ and the LA Times (Via Snopes), the video was produced by acclaimed music video
director Marc Klasfeld, also responsible for Lady Gaga's "Pokerface" video. It sounds like he put the piece together as a bit of an experiment to see how people reacted to it. And to his great surprise, outraged people spoke out, but seemed to forget all the other videos out there sexualizing women:

"Everyday when I wake up with my daughter and turn on the television for her we are constantly guarding her against all these unnecessary [sexual] messages bombarding her. So for us, to see the reaction against this, well, that was a little shocking. I find it all very fascinating."

The fake audience was filled with family and friends of the child actors, who were found through a company who specializes in finding child look-alikes for big name actors. So use that company if you're looking to recreated an elementary school version of Seven or Gia.

What is going to be extra hilarious is when this word get outs to the people who were so outraged about it, they're just going to change their tune from, "how could the school exploit kids like that?!" to, "how could the director exploit kids like that?!" Some people just need something to complain about.

Safetyhit
03-31-10, 15:29
What a fu*ked up society we have created. I mean it's just unbelievable. I loved Scarface, but kids that age should not have seen that movie nor should they be emulating the corrupt characters. This just so their narcissistic parents can exploit them via an acting career.

For every parent that allowed their child to participate, I hope they get a decade of misbehavior in return for their atrocious judgment.

And for everyone here who thinks it's so great, I hope one of them pays you a late night burglary visit while in their 20's an strung out on drugs because the world doesn't see them as the eternally great people their parents promised them it would.

Or something like that. :D

Honu
03-31-10, 18:51
I guess in those people who did it or at least in their eyes the Experienced makes it OK for the kids ?

I wonder if they think that way about EXPERIENCED child labor ?
or EXPERIENCED child prostitution in some countries ?

KentuckyWindage
04-01-10, 01:40
i cant believe what i just saw.....:eek:

PdxMotoxer
04-01-10, 02:02
I agree even though in fact especially that they are hired child actors
goes to show you what some parents will do or pimp their child and values out
these days to make a buck.

Kinda makes you wonder at what ppint do those type parents draw the line
on what they will make their kids do for that almighty dollar.

If they had been just kids in a school play then at least there would be one or more
teachers to blame or even a parent figures out what their child is being taught to
do seems different than the truth of the parents KNOWING what their child is being hired
to do and what part their child will be asked to do so they can get the monies.

Then the disturbing fact that even though it was wrote and directed by a known director
and being acted out by paid actors and they STILL got the part wrong where Tony Montana shoots his sister. He NEVER shot his sis that guy creeping outside his window did. Geeeezeeee

The best outcome in my book for them trying to pull one over on us and even lie and make a back story about it being a real elementary school, and elementary school students then finding out they are hired actors and this was directed.
Would be now Oliver Stone (orginal Scarface writer) to sue the pants off Marc Klasfeld and Rockhard Films for attempting this "stunt".