PDA

View Full Version : Apple Iphone HD (4g)

ZDL
03-30-10, 14:51

Cascades236
03-30-10, 19:19
The HTC phone is called the EVO 4G. Impressive hardware and it sounds like the OS (Android) is really going to start making momentum soon which means more interest from respected developers.

ZDL
03-30-10, 19:47

HES
03-30-10, 20:26
Overall I am very impressed with HTC devices no matter what platform they run (Android or WInMo). Had HTC been willing to make a Touch Pro 2 or HD2 version running Android I would have gone with that rather than my Blackberry Storm2. HTCs corporate growth has been impressive.

chadbag
03-30-10, 20:27
What the biggest draw for me for my next phone will be home automation integration. The iPhone already has some good apps for universal remote and home automation so it's gonna be up to the android at this point.

What sort of home automation system are you running?

ZDL
03-30-10, 20:36

VooDoo6Actual
03-30-10, 20:45
The problem is that Sprint who carries the HTC EVO 4G ONLY has approx. 1%+ aggregate across the US of 4G available.

Two Cameras, 1.3 M in front & 8 M on back. HDMI interface as well & 800X480 VGA

Apple will bring out it's new 4G soon (approx. June) & HTC Nexus will have new version etc.

Amazing technology becoming available no doubt.

chadbag
03-31-10, 00:01
Real simple network stuff as I'm just getting my feet wet. Global cache equipment for certain things and field testing some other stuff as well for my next house.

For Iphone apps, search "remote" in the app catalog. Irule is one I'm working with now.

www.avsforum.com has been my resource for a lot this.

Ok, thanks. I will go take a look. I just started putting some INSTEON compatible stuff in the house, and a couple legacy X10 receivers for some cheap key fobs.

ZDL
04-08-10, 14:58

VooDoo6Actual
04-08-10, 22:08
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/apples-iphone-4g-what-we-know-about-the-iphone-hd/

960X640 pixels
1 GHZ A4 processor
Multi tasking
front camera (video conf. etc.)

June 22nd ?

http://www.gayakuman.com/phone/apple-iphone-4g-cdma-version-issued-will-come-with-chip-a4-and-larger-hd-screen/

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/97808

http://www.pmptoday.com/2010/04/05/ipad-a4-processor-vs-iphone-3g-s-cortex-a8-nexus-one-snapdgragon-processor/

rob_s
04-09-10, 05:22
That sprint 4G phone has me interested but I'll probably wind up waiting for it to see what's up with the next iPhone. the fact that the HTC is with Sprint isn't very reassuring to me as they have pretty consistently scored last on all customer service polls.

Palmguy
04-09-10, 07:03
Satisfied Sprint/Android-powered HTC user here...looking forward to the EVO.

I'm neither an Apple fanboy nor hater...I recognize that the iPhone has had a pretty serious impact on the market and I guess it's a good thing that they're finally getting around to multitasking. That's functionality that I've been using for the last decade on Windows Mobile (going back to PocketPC, etc).

Android is pretty impressive; I've been using it for 3 weeks now, and it's got a few little quirks but overall it's solid.

Alex V
04-09-10, 07:45
I got the iPhone the day it came out... June 24 2007... waited on line for an hour and a half to pick it up...

I know, I know... I'm a looser lol

It still works perfectly, no scratches, no cracks, runs great. [knock on wood]

I was thinking about going to the 3Gs, but if this iPhoneHD comes out, I am on that like a hobo on a ham sandwitch, like white on rice, like... well, you know what I mean...

ZDL
04-09-10, 13:00

Alex F
04-09-10, 15:36
I just upgraded my aircard through Sprint to a 3g/4g model... no 4g network available yet unfortunately.

I'm really waiting on iPhone going to another carrier before I buy a new cell phone.

I've been eyeballing the Droid through Verizon for a while but I know that as soon as I buy one, the 4g iPhone will come to Verizon.

Belmont31R
04-09-10, 15:45
Iphone is still the most user friendly and intuitive phone out there. On my 2nd now after upgrading from a 2G to a 3G, and couldn't be happier with the phone. ATT is so so....

Selftest
04-09-10, 16:02
I may be joining the ranks of internet-whiners here, but the recently released info of NO iPhone OS 4.0 support for the 3G may be a deal breaker for me.

I love the iPhone. I like AT&T (when the microcell gets a broad release, I'll like it even more) and multi-tasking isn't a HUGE deal for me. When I was running an HTC Touch, the multi-tasking side of it broke the phone more than it helped. Ultimately, it's what made me switch (well, that and Sprint had terrible coverage and CS in Southern California, that's bullshit)

IF Apple releases a NEW iPhone, not just a 3G Super Balls-Megaforce bastard of an upgrade, but an actual 4G with a good camera, multi-tasking, bluetooth 2.1 support... I might buy one. The 3GS just seems...lame.

ZDL
04-10-10, 20:15

benEzra
04-10-10, 20:24
I'm currently running an iPhone 2G on T-Mobile. :D

I'll be more interested in the 4G iPhone when a jailbreak comes out, so you can actually access your own files on your own phone (what a novel concept). That's a big selling point for Android, I think---it appears that it makes much less of an attempt to box you in than Apple does.

LockenLoad
04-10-10, 22:24
I've been 100% pleased with Sprint. I've had them for about 10 years.

Customer service: You just gotta know how to talk to these people.

Coverage: I've found non better, honestly.

They have the best deal in terms of service for cost on the market. There is no arguing with that. They've made some concessions for their past missteps. Can't ask for much more. They have that 30 day no questions asked return policy on their contracts and cell phones.

ditto and so much more for your dollar, with att it's a bill for every service

LockenLoad
04-10-10, 22:27
I'm currently running an iPhone 2G on T-Mobile. :D

I'll be more interested in the 4G iPhone when a jailbreak comes out, so you can actually access your own files on your own phone (what a novel concept). That's a big selling point for Android, I think---it appears that it makes much less of an attempt to box you in than Apple does.

yea apple is a little nazi company, still no adobe flash support