PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with ar15barrels.com?

shootmovecomm
04-26-07, 13:33
Has anyone dealt with Randall at ar15barrels.com? and if so what was your experience like. I sent him a barrel for some shortening work last week and of course he will not answer emails and does not make him self available for any sort of contact. I dont even know if he received the barrel. It appears as if this was a huge mistake.

talbalos
04-26-07, 14:00
I've had Randall do a couple of things for me. One was to thread a post ban barrel and the other was a custom 6.8 SPC barrel. I've been very happy with his service and products. I know that in the last year his barrel business has become very busy.

shootmovecomm
04-26-07, 14:24
I appreciate the response. The lack or inability to effectively communicate with randall is what makes things unsetteling. I have tried twice to register at ar15.com just so that I could try and communicate with him but ar15.com does not register me or reply. I was going to try and have him change up the work order slightl;y but I can't get a hold of him. Any suggestions?

RWBlue
04-26-07, 14:54
First, I have not used his swervices. We talked. He gave me some great advice, but by the time I got my stuff put together on my end including NFA stuff, I saw that he was no longer accepting orders for new barrels, and was letting everyone know that he was well behind in completing projects.

I am impatiant and not a perfestionist, so I went someplace else and will have to do more work on my end.

As for contact, he usually touches base with his section over on AR15.com once a day.

LOKNLOD
04-26-07, 15:04
Randall posts here as well. I know he's posted as recently as early this morning in this thread. (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=49993#post49993)

Try contacting him directly via this website. I do believe that he has a "real" day job and does his 'smithing on his own time.

shootmovecomm
04-26-07, 15:44
Thanks I found him on here and I will PM him.

Sniped
04-26-07, 15:45
I had NO promblems contacting Randell by phone.

I wouldnt get your panties in a wad, your not the only barrel he has to contend with. If it where me, I would send your barrel back. If your all bend out of shape with this, then I'm sure you can not be pleased with anything one does.

xringking
04-26-07, 15:47
I just received my upper from randall on the 30th of march, I sent it in for barrel recontouring & assembly. It took about 7 weeks due to his parkerizing guy having problems with the cold weather messing up his parkerizing tanks. the quality of his work was excellent!!!!!

Turbo Supra
04-26-07, 16:20
Another +1 for Randall. Great skills, handles your products with care, and fast turnaround in most cases. Great prices, too.

shootmovecomm
04-26-07, 17:09
Sniped, I am by no means under the illusion that Randall is not a very busy person nor do I fell that he is not a highly skilled craftsmen. Randall comes very highly recommended but my issues are within the communication gap. I do not have a direct contact number for him and email is sufficient. Now since you appear to be some sort of self appointed mouth piece for him then maybe you can steer me in a direction to make direct contact. Outside of that I appreciate all other members PROFESSIONAL responses.

Robb Jensen
04-26-07, 17:14
Randalls work is 2nd to none. I've used him for AR barrel work extensively for the last 8 months.

shootmovecomm
04-26-07, 17:27
Thanks gotm4 this weapon is about to be deployed in an operation and that is were the sense of urgency stems from.

Robb Jensen
04-26-07, 17:48
Thanks gotm4 this weapon is about to be deployed in an operation and that is were the sense of urgency stems from.

No problem.
He's on the west coast (CA) and is on here usually very early in the morning EST (2am etc). He's hard to get a hold of but his work is well worth it, if you have the time, usually turnaround time is typically 2-3 weeks.

shootmovecomm
04-26-07, 18:06
gotm4, It sounds as if his work is worth it. Any reliability issues at all?

Robb Jensen
04-26-07, 18:20
gotm4, It sounds as if his work is worth it. Any reliability issues at all?

Everything has run 100%. :D

Ungwaha
04-26-07, 19:26
SMC IIRC I was looking at his site a couple of weeks ago and it said he was going on vacation until the 29th or something like that.

shootmovecomm
04-26-07, 19:53
Yea, I saw that he was out of town on business and that he would not be able to start projects until April 21st.

9DivDoc
04-26-07, 23:23
Randall has a great deal of expertise...and knowledge...his work..top notch.. all the way

You gotta be patient...but for me he has never failed to come through...

And on one occasion saved me a great deal of grief....and money.

I have also found Randall to be honest as the day is long.....and truthful

Honesty & Expertise ...no small things in this day & age and business

...imo

shootmovecomm
04-26-07, 23:39
Randall has a great deal of expertise...and knowledge...his work..top notch.. all the way

You gotta be patient...but for me he has never failed to come through...

And on one occasion saved me a great deal of grief....and money.

I have also found Randall to be honest as the day is long.....and truthful

Honesty & Expertise ...no small things in this day & age and business

...imo

Im sold and I am appreciative of the response.

Impact
04-26-07, 23:59
Randall is top notch and his work is really good. I know he has been busy with his day job for the past 3 weeks and was out of town. He is back now and posts on M4C from time to time.

He will take care of you.

shootmovecomm
04-27-07, 10:09
Randall is top notch and his work is really good. I know he has been busy with his day job for the past 3 weeks and was out of town. He is back now and posts on M4C from time to time.

He will take care of you.

Thanks Impact !!!

docsprague
05-03-07, 22:23
I have bought from and had work done by Randall, and he is great. I had him cut and rethread a barrel on an LMT. It may be in my head but I am pretty sure his crown job made the rifle shoot better.

fivepointoh
05-04-07, 15:11
I'm planning on Randall doing some work for me. The thing I love about him is the fact that he goes out of his way to explain the way things work, how to do something if you have the proper tools to do so, etc. All the while he could be making money off you by having him do the work for you but actually walks you through things if you are a DIY'er. Also I've never heard (aside from long wait periods) a bad thing about Randall's work.