PDA

View Full Version : If a corporation is a person...

mr_smiles
03-30-10, 23:27
Can I got to prison for killing one... :D

I'm a funny funny guy, what can I say.

89hits
03-31-10, 01:45
corporations aren't anyone I know, or care to know. Most coporations are money driven and impersonal garbage dumps.I say most, not all.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-31-10, 02:59
I know a lot of people don't like corporations, but I think they are far superior to the alternatives. You can have large businesses run as corps, or you can have family/conglomerates or the government own the businesses. Few would advocate government owning a large portion of businesses, but family/dynasties can be a problem too. They are not accountable to anyone, don't have to answer questions and are a closed group of people.

Anyone can buy into a corporation. While there may be cliques, there is not heridity based succesion plan. Think you can move farther in family company than you can in a corp? You had better hope for hot daughters with low standards.

People that complain about corps need to either buck up and buy into the corp or start one to compete. If you want a jobs program, lobby your representative for some govt money.

Corps can own NFA items too, so let's not whack them just yet.

dbrowne1
03-31-10, 06:30
corporations aren't anyone I know, or care to know. Most coporations are money driven and impersonal garbage dumps.I say most, not all.

Actually, most corporations - I'd say 99%+ easily - are very small, in some cases empty or almost empty, set up to own just one asset (like a building) and are simply a way to shield an asset's owner from personal and/or tax liability. Plenty of "normal" people who aren't particularly wealthy use them in one form or another. If you run any type of business, you'd be crazy not to have some kind of legal entity between you and it.

Jer
03-31-10, 09:24
Can I got to prison for killing one... :D

I'm a funny funny guy, what can I say.

More importantly.... can I marry one?

dbrowne1
03-31-10, 09:29
More importantly.... can I marry one?

Yes, but you have to give it a gender-appropriate name (except in MA, CA, VT, and DC) and it gets to keep the house and half your shit if you split up.

The plus side is that it doesn't nag you and you only have to pay $100 or so a year to support it.