PDA

View Full Version : Troy MRF-MX Battlerail and shaved gas block?

GeorgiaBoy
03-31-10, 19:40
I am thinking about putting a rail system on my DDXV and have decided on going with the Troy Battlerail.

My question is, I want to get the 10.0 so I can have the extra length and be part of the "long handguard trend" ;), and I know I either need to shave down the FSB or get a low profile gas block. I'd rather shave the FSB down because I have heard it is much more reliable since it is pinned with the original pins, but I don't know if it can be shaved enough for the rail to fit over it. Can it?

Robb Jensen
03-31-10, 20:22
I am thinking about putting a rail system on my DDXV and have decided on going with the Troy Battlerail.

My question is, I want to get the 10.0 so I can have the extra length and be part of the "long handguard trend" ;), and I know I either need to shave down the FSB or get a low profile gas block. I'd rather shave the FSB down because I have heard it is much more reliable since it is pinned with the original pins, but I don't know if it can be shaved enough for the rail to fit over it. Can it?

It can, I've done several.

cschwanz
03-31-10, 21:24
just put a 12" on a BCM mid length. had the FSB shaved down by Adco (awesome work) couldnt be happier!

Dirge
04-01-10, 00:15
Sorry to hijack this thread, but since we're already on the subject, I thought I'd ask here. Would it be better for me to shave my FSB and get a drop-in set of long rails, or cut off the delta ring and get a set of long rails with notches that accommodate an FSB? If I get drop-in rails, would the factory handguard cap interfere with the new rail system? And if it does, can I file that cap down until it fits inside the rail system?