PDA

View Full Version : Wendell tactical Concepts

Voodoochild
04-26-07, 19:52
Anyone ever deal with this company? I like the Gator Tac stipling he does and a few other things he does for Glock's and other make's.

http://www.wendelltacticalconcepts.com/Wen-&-Gator-Grip.JPG

M4arc
04-27-07, 16:23
I've never dealt with him but I absolutely love his work! His Glock front slide serrations are the best and I would love to send him a pistol one of these days.

Voodoochild
04-27-07, 21:23
Hey M4arc I saw your other post about this. I am seriously thinking about sending in my 19 for some alterations.

Reyn
04-27-07, 21:48
Have you looked at Bowie tactical concepts? I have a G20 done by him and really like it. Ihave another G20 done by Robar but i like Bowie's a little better.

David Thomas
04-27-07, 22:22
Have you looked at Bowie tactical concepts? I have a G20 done by him and really like it. Ihave another G20 done by Robar but i like Bowie's a little better.

I would love to see some pics of both guns for a comparison.
What is it about the BT gun that you like better?

M4arc
04-28-07, 05:43

Frankly I think anyone would be extremely impressed and happy with work from either Bowie or Wendel.

Reyn
04-28-07, 17:17
I would love to see some pics of both guns for a comparison.
What is it about the BT gun that you like better?

Bowie has a special way he does his. Robar and most others fill the backstrap then sand down and apply a spray on liner because the filling is supposedly impossible to stipple.They are guaranteed not to chip but i have had a very small amount flake off if i had a chemical on my hand. The one time was Keels paint prep. You couldnt tell on the gun but there was some flakes in my hand. Bowie has a way where he stipples the back and doesnt use any spray on.I believe he keeps his technique secretive. Also i had the finger grooves removed with Bowie where i didnt with Robar. Bowie's grip is more like 1911 grip.I have small hands and the G21,20 is too thick for me. Now the grip is a lot smaller. I'll post a pic.Both look a lot better in person as opposed to the pic.

Robar on top. Bowie is on bottom.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/reyn61/100_2438_00.jpg

Bowie Tactical
05-03-07, 05:18
Just to clarify something here. My grip reductions are full ones. Not just part of the glock hump removed. Others that have stippling on the full grip are not fully reduced. I have worked for years to perfect this and have not seen anyone who does a full grip reduction with full stippling. Mine also have no paint on the grip whether it be black or the OD green frames.
Just becareful of what you want.
A few people have called me when they were confused by a company that copied most of my companies name and were not happy when they got their gun back. They had handled my guns and were real ticked when they got only a partial reduction. They thought my "OTHER" facility had messed up. I only have one shop in Ohio. Many of these designs from them are copies of mine that were got when being a student and shooting my guns.
SO just know what and who you are getting.
CHECK 360 David Bowie

eternal24k
02-06-11, 19:29
hope you guys don't mind me resurrecting this thread, but does anybody know Wendell is still in business?

wahoo95
02-18-11, 21:27
Sad to say but last I checked Wendell was no longer in business.