PDA

View Full Version : Patagonia Slingshot softshells on Sale

Iraq Ninja
04-01-10, 15:58
I am surprised nobody has posted this yet...

$90 is a great price for a tough softshell.

http://soldiersystems.net/2010/03/31/patagonia-slingshot-in-coyote/

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/patagonia_slingshot_coyote.jpg

madisonsfinest
04-01-10, 16:17
Why would you do this to me! This site is killing me, I am going broke!

Strikeforcewombat
04-01-10, 16:22
Why would you do this to me! This site is killing me, I am going broke!

See this is the advantage of living in florida. You don't need jackets fleeces ect ect. I save money to spend on optics by not wearing pants :p . Range officers dislike me I think...

Protip better wear boxxers if you try that, brass goes down whitey tightys your screwed.

bjw182005
04-01-10, 19:38
This soft shell is awesome. I bought one at this price and i would get another if i didnt already have a few. I will say that they do run a little small. If you usually wear a medium, get a large. Large, XL and so on. The sleeves run a little short, but all in all it is an outstanding deal. I have two in RG and now this one in CB. Not the most waterproof, but will hold back some light rain and a decent amount of wind. I recommend it.

GermanSynergy
04-01-10, 20:56
Thanks for the heads up!

Don Robison
04-01-10, 21:42
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered one.

Moose-Knuckle
04-02-10, 08:21
Thanks Ninja! ;)

tiger seven
04-02-10, 09:01
The sleeves run a little short...

Definitely. I returned mine. Sleeves were well over an inch shorter than I would have liked them to be. I will add that I'm fairly average in build, and that even "athletic" fit stuff like Arc'Teryx generally fits me quite well. Even most Patagonia stuff does too. For whatever reason, this jacket did not. :(

The sleeve pockets - while practical, considering who the jacket was designed for - are kinda poofy too. :p

Derek

LDM
04-02-10, 11:16
Ditto on everything tiger seven said.
Sleeves too short. Cut too small. Sleeve pockets questionable design and execution.
I'll add that although stated to have water repellent finish, it soaked up water like a sponge.
I send mine back.
Truthfully, I wonder if they were seconds? Not the quality I expected from Patagonia.
YMMV

Moose-Knuckle
04-08-10, 16:25
Well the big brown truck brought my Slingshot today. I ordered a large and it fits true to size. My sleeve length is 32-33 and the sleeves are not too short for me. If your sleeve length is 33-34 then I'd suggest an XL.

It's a warm sunny spring day here so I won't be able to see how wind resistant and water proof it is anytime soon.

I spoke with a custmer service rep at Patagonia about the material.
Elli: Soft shells will block the wind, but they are more breathable for high activity, so it is not necessarily fully windproof. It will be water resistant, so it is fine in snow or light rain, but may wet out after a while in down pour.

I think I got my $90 worth, now I have to find some Morale Patches for the hook and loop on the bicep pockets.

GLOCKMASTER
04-11-10, 19:59
Just ordered one and thanks for the heads up on this.

Don Robison
04-11-10, 20:35
Mine came on Friday. Fit is good, seems like a good buy. Thanks again for the tip.

RogerinTPA
04-11-10, 21:15
I got one a well. Seems well constructed and lighter than I thought it would be. Glad I ordered an XL instead of the Large I normally wear. The XL seems to be a perfect fit. Too bad the weather turned crazy hot down here. I can always use it as a stash-away in my travel bag, until next winter.