PDA

View Full Version : Tell me how this Mk. 18 Mod. 1 Varient Sounds Before I Build It. :)

Magic_Salad0892
04-02-10, 02:47
Mk. 18 Mod. 1 Variant (Short-Stroke Gas Piston Operation)

Colt Defence Factory 6920 Upper Receiver
Colt Defence Factory 6920 Lower Receiver
Colt Defence Factory A2 Style Pistol Grip
LWRCi Factory One-Piece Bolt Carrier Upgrade Kit (5.56x45mm NATO)
LWRCi Factory M6 10.5'' CQB Profile NiCorr Coated CHF 5.56x45mm NATO Barrel (1:7'' RH Twist)
LWRCi Factory Carbine Length Piston Unit + Front Sight Base/Gas Block Unit
KAC QD Flash Suppressor
KAC M4/M16 QDSS-NT4 Suppressor
KAC Forward Pistol Grip
KAC Two-Stage Match Trigger (4.5lbs. Pull)
KAC Enhanced Trigger Guard
KAC Ambidextrous Magazine Release
KAC Ambidextrous Bolt Release
KAC Ambidextrous Selector Switch (Milled Profile – To avoid irritating hands)
KAC QD Sling Swivel + MWS Forend Rail Mount (One on both Right and Left Hand Rail)
LMT SOPMOD Stock
LMT Tactical Adjustable Rear Sight
Magpul MS2 Multi-Mission Carbine Sling
Magpul A.S.A.P. Ambidextrous Single Point Sling Adapter
AimPoint COMP-M3 2 MOA Red Dot Sight + Lens Covers + LaRue Tactical QD Mount
Daniel Defence Mk. 18 RIS II FSP Free Float M1913 ''Picatinny'' Rail System (Modified to fit piston unit)
Spike's Tactical ST-T2 Heavy Buffer
Wilson Combat Low Profile Polymer Mil. Std. M1913 ''Picatinny'' Rail Covers

For the DD Mk.18 RIS II FSP Rail I'm just going to get the DD RIS II M4A1 FSP Rail and cut off near the end of the front sight post and turn it into the Mk. 18 FSP rail.

(Also please no anti-piston comments, I don't want this to turn into a GP Vs. DI discussion.)

Any additional comments or suggestions? :)

Thanks! :D

infidelprodigy
04-02-10, 03:14
Somewhere on the internet I saw a DD captioned picture of a MK18 RIS II FSP in the dark earth color. may want to hit the guys in Georgia up to see when those will be available instead of having to spend extra time cutting a full size RIS FSP.

Magic_Salad0892
04-02-10, 04:00
Do you think they'd have it in Foliage Green or similar jungle/forest type color?

I've seen the picture too. I like it. :)

Col_Crocs
04-02-10, 07:22
Here ya go... This one is modified to accommodate the switchblock. You might want to go that route for your piston over chopping down a full length FSP model.

I have that exact setup, and had to cut a hole in the rail to adjust the Switchblock.

http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/af305/nickbooras/AR15/CIMG2629.jpg

Belmont31R
04-02-10, 13:31
Why not just get a factory LWRC upper? Seems like a lot of parts to basically build the same thing.

If I were going with the DD rail it would be a DI gun. I don't see the point in buying a rail you have to hack up to get it to work when you can already get a good upper straight out of the box through LWRC. Im not into pistons at all...but it makes more sense to get a factory upper.

I really like the DD RIS II rails though. Im on my 2nd upper with the RIS II. A M4 FSP and a M4A1 full length. They are well made, and I like the geometry they use with a wider width but the bottom rail is tucked up pretty good. The Lite, and Omega has the bottom rail too far down for my tastes.

Magic_Salad0892
04-02-10, 22:09
The reason I'm doing it this way is because I want to have it as true to the real gun as possible but with the LWRCi operating system.

Also because I don't want to continually have to swap out bolt carriers and other parts because I'll be shooting this gun a lot, suppressed.

Also the part of the RIS II that's already gone is for an FSB, which the M6 barrel has on it already so I won't have an out of place looking switchblock, or gas block.

Also no offence to you guys, but there is no way I'm going DI on a gun this short.

I only do that on mid or rifle lengths. (Basically just my 20'' A1 retro build.)

Do you guys think this build will be good to go?

ETA: Col_Crocs, the M6 barrel has an FSB.

Lawdog-1
04-02-10, 23:46
Majic Salad0892, Email sent about a LNIB ML3 2 MOA.