PDA

View Full Version : Silly M&P question

Rated21R
04-02-10, 10:40
Do all of them have the "Caution: This gun is capable of firing with the magazine out" statement on them? Not that it matters, just wondering. Thanks.

M4arc
04-02-10, 10:46
Do all of them have the "Caution: This gun is capable of firing with the magazine out" statement on them? Not that it matters, just wondering. Thanks.

If the gun has the magazine disconnect installed from the factory it will not have the writting. Also, if it's an LE gun it won't have it either. Mine has the writting and it doesn't bother me at all.

Rated21R
04-02-10, 12:46
Thanks.

I know some folks remove that (I don't plan on it). Is that frowned upon?

RogerinTPA
04-02-10, 13:15
The warning is S&Ws attempt at limiting liability with M&Ps that don't have the mag disconnect safety. Remember the "Dumb Ass factor" when dealing with people in general, and especially around firearms.

You can remove it if you want, but why bother? 3 of mine has it, one doesn't. Just be advised, that if you let some unskilled person without proper instruction, use this weapon, and he shoots himself or someone else, the liability fall on you.

Alpha Sierra
04-02-10, 15:30
Just be advised, that if you let some unskilled person without proper instruction, use this weapon, and he shoots himself or someone else, the liability fall on you.

That is true regardless of any warning you may remove or deface.

Apollo11
04-02-10, 18:28
I have see the warning on all pistols that can fire with the mag out, except one that got through the engravers line with out the warning. It was an LEO Mid Sized 45. Smith was not too happy when I called and asked about it, and said they would engrave it should it ever come in for ANY work.

beastfrog
04-02-10, 20:06
Recently read on another forum that S&W replaced an engraved slide with an unengraved slide as part of some warranty work. :rolleyes: