PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Here...Questions...

kill4thrills
04-27-07, 17:17
Ok, I'll try to make this short. I'm new here to this forum. Don't let my screen name fool you, I'm not a crazy madman...my screen name is my player name on Battlefield 2 (PC game). When I first started playing I didn't understand the concept of "teamkilling," so I would just shoot whoever I could...hence "kill4thrills." I don't team kill anymore. I was actually booted off another forum because of my screen name...I was told it was inappropriate...

I ran into some financial problems a couple of years ago and sold off an entire gun collection. Several HK USP's, 3 AR's, a couple of Sig's, a Para, a buttload of Beretta firearms...so I'm not exactly new to guns. With the recent proposals for another gun bill, and being out of my financial issues, I've decided to pick up a few toys.

I've never done an AR build, but I bought an LMT built lower 2 weeks ago and sent off my Form 1 this week for SBR. My new LMT lower is going to get a 10.5" LMT CQB upper as soon as my form 1 is approved...GRANT, I'll be contacting you for this...ok?

My question is this: I'd like to build up another AR...probably another SBR. I would like upper and lower to match. I can't decide on what to go with. Can you guys help? My options are:

1. CMMG
2. Sabre
3. Mega
4. Another LMT

Low or high shelf doesn't matter...it will NOT be getting a RDIAS/RLL. I kow a lot of this is personal opinion...but it seems that AR's are a little more "custom" than say just buying a Sig pistol, or a Remington 700.

Can you guys help me figure out what to go with next? I'm always open to just buying another LMT...but I figured since I have one already maybe I should diversify a bit.

Nice to be here...looks like you guys have a really nice board. I plan on spending quite a bit of time here...and quite a bit of money with Grant.

Sorry for the long post...