PDA

View Full Version : search not working - ds arms upper question

calicojack
04-04-10, 05:20
I can't get the search to function properly, and i'm not manually going through every page to see if this has been posted so.....

looking at this upper (http://www.dsarms.com/DSA-ZM4-A3-Upper-Receiver-With-16-Barrel-Mid-Length-HG---DSZM4CBUMID/productinfo/DSZM4CBUMID/) as a base to build off of.

has anyone had any complaints on their Customer service, build quality, accuracy?

ghostman1960
04-04-10, 06:16
I can't get the search to function properly, and i'm not manually going through every page to see if this has been posted so.....

looking at this upper (http://www.dsarms.com/DSA-ZM4-A3-Upper-Receiver-With-16-Barrel-Mid-Length-HG---DSZM4CBUMID/productinfo/DSZM4CBUMID/) as a base to build off of.

has anyone had any complaints on their Customer service, build quality, accuracy?

The barrel and receiver are good to go. The main problem is the the FSB is not F marked. That point is moot though if you are using optics.

The second problem is that the hand guards they had been shipping them with were craptastic and loose as a goose. I hear that they fixed that problem by using Cav Arms C6 hand guards on their present production.

Their customer service sucks. When I complained about the loose hand guards and non F marked FSB they basically told me to pound sand.

Also their stated delivery times are optimistic at best. If they say they will ship in a week that translates to they will ship it in 3 weeks.

Their mid length barrels are 1/9 twist and nitride coated and are not chrome lined. They claim the nitride coating is on par with chrome lining as protection from wear and corrosion.

The barrels are made by T/C barrels and they have a good reputation. They are the same company that makes the barrels for S&W Ar15s.

All in all they are still not a bad deal for the price if you have the patience work around the problems they come with.

Here is a picture of a build I did using one their uppers,

http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt45/ghostman1960/007-1.jpg

calicojack
04-04-10, 12:38
glad to hear it. i plan on taking the front sight off of it, mounting a troy low pro gas block and putting the rifle length rail version of what you have pictured on it. then getting arms flip up sights for it.

87GN
04-04-10, 13:50
I would not buy one. They are still shipping out random uppers with rifle extensions and M4 receivers 6 months after they were made aware of the problem. QC is spotty or nonexistent.

dwhitehorne
04-04-10, 15:13
I ordered the carbine version back in the fall. There is a 54 page post on the other site about the DSA uppers. Plenty of complaining about shipping times with people changing orders and lack of customer service phone calls. Well I figured DSA has been around for a while and has a good FAL rep. I didn't care about the wait time and I never called to check. Mine took exactly 3 weeks to get from the time I ordered online. I guess I was lucky. I am pleased with the upper. I put a matech on and my dope is something like 1 down and 3 right to get it dead on a 50 yards. Basically I wanted to try out a nitride coated barrel so it was worth it for me. Besides if you don't like it, I'm sure you can flip it for exactly what you paid. David

CaptainDooley
04-04-10, 15:22
Seems to me that the quality crap shoot isn't worth the savings versus a known quality upper like LMT or BCM... but then again, I don't like wasting money. I haven't handled one - but there's enough other good KNOWN choices out there to mess with something that seems to be getting mixed reviews.