PDA

View Full Version : Which face wrap? Under armor heat gear hood?

alfred10
04-04-10, 16:10
I am looking for a face wrap that will conceal the oils in my face for no reflection and protect my face from sun and other elemetents. I am more concerned with hot wear under a helmet or Bonnie. Who makes the best one? Are under armor tactical hoods hot to wear?

http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/en/mens/tactical/pid8000284-Tactical-
HeatGear-Hood/8000284-001

markm
04-04-10, 16:19
For under a helmet, I use the cut off sleeve from a T-shirt. I put it on my head so that the wide part is the brim and the tip of the sleeve is like a hollow beanie cap.

For face/neck protection, I use the Recon Wrap. Mostly I use it as a neck gaitor, but If the sun/dust/mosquitos are really pounding, I'll pull it up over as much of my face as needed. The recon wrap is really an unsung hero in my opinion. I have them stashed in all my packs and vehicles because they're so versatile.

I've wanted to try the U/A heat gear balaclava, but I just can't seem to pull the trigger on something I think will never get used.

alfred10
04-04-10, 16:59
Which brand is the most durable? Which model will work best in the Heat. I want one that will not retain hear and cause me to sweat more.

markm
04-05-10, 17:49
If there's anything that would work in the heat, I'd guess it would be the Under Armour heat gear hood in tan. Anything you put on your head/neck is going to be a drag in the heat.