PDA

View Full Version : Do i have to have these to install?

Stevieterry
04-04-10, 21:57
Do i have to have this ring set to install a Fake Can

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78_31&products_id=358

Here is the fake can

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=78_31&products_id=42

PlatoCATM
04-04-10, 23:04
Do you enjoy muzzle heavy weapons that have no function in the added weight?

Save your money, time, and what credibility you have left. No gun should be accessorized with something labeled "fake."

Stevieterry
04-04-10, 23:06
Do you enjoy muzzle heavy weapons that have no function in the added weight?

Save your money, time, and what credibility you have left. No gun should be accessorized with something labeled "fake."

Well i just had some extra cash so i figured i would buy it. Had nothing else to spend easter money on.

Do i need those rings for it?

10MMGary
04-04-10, 23:44
Yes you absolutely need them, or why would they sell them:rolleyes:? BTW just ignore the posters who ask "why do you want to" questions. Personally I would never put a fake can or fake anything on a firearm of mine, but hey your gun your money your business. Just out of curiosity, are you old enough to purchase a actual sound moderator? If not start saving and you'll be there before you know it. FWIW your credibility is just as good as anyone's on the Internet:eek:.

Stevieterry
04-04-10, 23:45
Yes you absolutely need them, or why would they sell them:rolleyes:? BTW just ignore the posters who ask "why do you want to" questions. Personally I would never put a fake can or fake anything on a firearm of mine, but hey your gun your money your business. Just out of curiosity, are you old enough to purchase a actual sound moderator? If not start saving and you'll be there before you know it. FWIW your credibility is just as good as anyone's on the Internet:eek:.

Thanks man. No im not old enough yet to get a real suppressor im still 18. Once i turn 21 i plan on getting one though once i save up about 2k haha. :p

Stevieterry
04-04-10, 23:49
Oh and i know this is probably a dumb question. But will it go on and stay on if i just use my old washer from my stock flash hider? because im really flat broke right now. If not i will have to wait to get the washers id say.

justin_247
04-05-10, 02:24
Well i just had some extra cash so i figured i would buy it. Had nothing else to spend easter money on.

Oh and i know this is probably a dumb question. But will it go on and stay on if i just use my old washer from my stock flash hider? because im really flat broke right now. If not i will have to wait to get the washers id say.

Have extra money to buy a fake suppressor, but not enough to buy a washer? Seriously?

You need to rethink your priorities.

CoryCop25
04-05-10, 02:30
All the shim kit does is line up the fake can so the letters are at the 3 o'clock position. If you don't mind the letters on the can in a specific direction, they are not needed. I'm not a fan of fake cans but to each is own. Enjoy.

DocHolliday01
04-05-10, 02:56

If you are flat broke why in the hell are you buying a fake can?

crazymoose
04-05-10, 04:13
This site is for no-B.S. advice, so here is mine:

A fake can is a waste of money and is dead weight on the weapon. Return it, if you can, and get your money back. Do your homework on real suppressors, decide which one you want to buy when you're old enough. Buy the corresponding quick-detach flash hider or muzzle brake (AAC, KAC, Surefire, YHM, etc.). Install the QD device now, and start saving $500-700 dollars a year. In the mean time, your rifle will have a useful muzzle device, and it will still look cool.

Stevieterry
04-05-10, 06:01
If you are flat broke why in the hell are you buying a fake can?

Because i want one?
Just like the guy up there said. My gun, my money.
All i asked is if i need the washers.
I didnt ask if you think i should buy it or not.

Stevieterry
04-05-10, 06:02
All the shim kit does is line up the fake can so the letters are at the 3 o'clock position. If you don't mind the letters on the can in a specific direction, they are not needed. I'm not a fan of fake cans but to each is own. Enjoy.

Thank you :)

Stevieterry
04-05-10, 06:03
Have extra money to buy a fake suppressor, but not enough to buy a washer? Seriously?

You need to rethink your priorities.

Actually i do have enough for them.
They are 3 bucks. But 15 bucks to ship.
So im not paying 5 times the amount of something just to ship it.

shadow65
04-05-10, 07:05
I don't use a washer for my real can. Get a peel washer. Then you can adjust it to where you want it. I have a fake can I use on a 5.5" .22 upper to use when I don't have the real one on it. Keeps the blast out of the hand guards.
There are also Communist states that will not allow a suppressor. Some guys just like the look.

NMBigfoot02
04-05-10, 07:56
The only reason I can see putting a fake can on a rifle is to bring it up to length while waiting on a tax stamp.

Stevieterry
04-05-10, 09:54
Could i get a peel washer from a hardware store or something? There isnt really a gun shop around here besides buds gun shop but that is like 2 hours away.

Stevieterry
04-05-10, 09:55
The only reason I can see putting a fake can on a rifle is to bring it up to length while waiting on a tax stamp.

I just want it for looks really. It only adds a few ounces. The way i see it if you cant stand a few mroe ounces then you dont need to be shooting a gun anyway.

rob_s
04-05-10, 10:03
I just want it for looks really. It only adds a few ounces. The way i see it if you cant stand a few mroe ounces then you dont need to be shooting a gun anyway.

nonsense.

The way I see it if you're willing to add a few more ounces to the gun just for "looks really"... well...

10MMGary
04-05-10, 10:15
This site is for no-B.S. advice, so here is mine:

A fake can is a waste of money and is dead weight on the weapon. Return it, if you can, and get your money back. Do your homework on real suppressors, decide which one you want to buy when you're old enough. Buy the corresponding quick-detach flash hider or muzzle brake (AAC, KAC, Surefire, YHM, etc.). Install the QD device now, and start saving $500-700 dollars a year. In the mean time, your rifle will have a useful muzzle device, and it will still look cool.

He didn't ask for advice BS accurate or otherwise, he ask a technical question regarding the use of rings/washers. BTW how Czar like of you to decide what is a waste of his money and how he should spend it in the future.

Stevieterry
04-05-10, 10:48
He didn't ask for advice BS accurate or otherwise, he ask a technical question regarding the use of rings/washers. BTW how Czar like of you to decide what is a waste of his money and how he should spend it in the future.

Thank you once again. I agree with you. Its my money and my gun. It's just the same as these guys that go and pay to get their gun painted or engraved or something. It dont give the gun any benifit and they do it just for looks. I think that some of the stuff people buy is a waste of money also but i dont never say anything to them. its their money so they can buy whatever they want with it.

Stevieterry
04-05-10, 10:50
nonsense.

The way I see it if you're willing to add a few more ounces to the gun just for "looks really"... well...

So everything that you have on your gun is absoulutly needed? People add stuff to their gun all the time just for looks. Like i said above when people paint or engrave their gun its basicly the same thing. If people want to spend that much money on something like that then let them. I didnt ask if i should buy this i was just asking if i need a peel washer for the can.

glocktogo
04-05-10, 10:51

Just FYI, this forum is highly intolerant of any gear talk that is not considered "professional grade". The mods pretty much slammed a guy the other day (in triplicate) because he asked a question about which jacket a professional shooter wears while shooting. I doubt your fake can question is gonna go over much better.

Stevieterry
04-05-10, 10:55
Just FYI, this forum is highly intolerant of any gear talk that is not considered "professional grade". The mods pretty much slammed a guy the other day (in triplicate) because he asked a question about which jacket a professional shooter wears while shooting. I doubt your fake can question is gonna go over much better.

If they want to get me in trouble for asking if a part for a AR needs a washer like this then so be it. That's stupid. I asked a question in a forum just like the rest of the people. Just because it wasnt a 1000 dollar upgrade i should get slammed for it?

rob_s
04-05-10, 10:59
So everything that you have on your gun is absoulutly needed? People add stuff to their gun all the time just for looks. Like i said above when people paint or engrave their gun its basicly the same thing. If people want to spend that much money on something like that then let them. I didnt ask if i should buy this i was just asking if i need a peel washer for the can.

I read your original post, and in spite of the fact that I thought your choice of accessories was one of the more ridiculously stupid I have heard of, I stayed out of the thread because I don't know anything about them and therefore couldn't answer your question.

It wasn't until you started going down this path of people being too weak to hold up their gun that I posted, because you are wrong. Talk to ANYONE that actually, you know, shoots their gun, and you'll find that nobody is adding weight in favor of "looks really".

I understand that kids like you are the future of the gun culture, and left you alone with your little fake can because I really don't care what you do with your gun. I didn't tell you what to do, or not to do, with your gun. By all means I hope to see you at the range with your marvelous fake can. I have a whole collection of pictures of people at the range with stupid shit. :p

Lighten up. There is a lot of good information on this site from a lot of people that do a lot of shooting, and if you can get your hormones in check you might even learn something. ;)

but, just to answer your specific question, no you're not going to find many people here adding things just for looks, and especially not adding things that offer no actual function but do add weight. If it makes you happy, I think the engraving, color fill, custom camo paint jobs for an accountant from Sheboygan... they're all right up there with your fake can, but at least they don't make the gun LESS capable and LESS functional.

CaptainDooley
04-05-10, 10:59
If they want to get me in trouble for asking if a part for a AR needs a washer like this then so be it. That's stupid. I asked a question in a forum just like the rest of the people. Just because it wasnt a 1000 dollar upgrade i should get slammed for it?

No. You'll get slammed because it is an entirely useless part that serves absolutely no purpose and is a waste of money, weight, and the time of the members on this forum. This isn't TOS, it's a site for people who are serious about working, training, and defending with the M4/AR carbine.

The Morrigan
04-05-10, 11:02
Thanks man. No im not old enough yet to get a real suppressor im still 18. Once i turn 21 i plan on getting one though once i save up about 2k haha. :p

No offense, but what you need to do is save up the cash for a real can.

Start saving now, and it'll just be a matter of filling out paperwork and waiting for approval when you turn 21.

Until then -- do you have a good red dot sight? Good weapon light?

If you've got them, do you have a good stock of ammo? How about saving a few hundred $ and getting a class in?

Stevieterry
04-05-10, 15:16
No offense, but what you need to do is save up the cash for a real can.

Start saving now, and it'll just be a matter of filling out paperwork and waiting for approval when you turn 21.

Until then -- do you have a good red dot sight? Good weapon light?

If you've got them, do you have a good stock of ammo? How about saving a few hundred $ and getting a class in?

No i dont have a sight or light's yet.
I just had around 50 bucks so i bought that. Here in a few weeks though i am going to try to get a Trijicon ACOG and hopefully later on the new Crimson Trace Green laster / light grip that just came out (i think it did)... i saw it on TV the other day. It was like 700 bucks though.

Dave_M
04-05-10, 16:12
No i dont have a sight or light's yet.
I just had around 50 bucks so i bought that.

Priorities man, get your priorities in order.

Good (in no particular order):
-Irons
-Sling
-White light
-Magazines
-Ammunition

After that's covered, start looking into things like optics. Bad move (and a waste of money) to start needlessy blinging out a rifle, especially if you don't even have your basics covered.

[/rant]

Yes, you need the peel washers. A regular crush washer won't perfectly align a muzzle attachment to your bore. Now, this isn't a big deal when it comes to things like regular flash hiders/brakes because they are relatively short. When you start hanging something several inches long off your muzzle, however... alignment needs to be as close as possible.

bkb0000
04-05-10, 16:56
i'm gonna be a dick, in the hopes that the harshness of my words will penetrate and possibly prevent you from looking back at yourself in a couple of years and be mortified by what you see.

fake cans are for fake people. the only reason to get a fake can is to try to deceive people into thinking you possess something you don't, thereby making yourself look dangerous and cool and such. i'm sure you intent to deck the gun out in every cheap chicom piece of shit knockoff accessory you can get your dick-beaters on, so you can pull it out from under the bed to show friends and acquaintances in the hopes of having them believe you're either an outlaw, part of some elite group, "connected," or have enough money/are of legal age to own a suppressor... whatever the case, it's the pinnacle of poserism.

airsoft discussion isn't allowed on this board, unless it's specifically for real-world training purposes. the topic of fake suppressors has absolutely ZERO training application... it should be censored completely, lest anyone get the idea thats the kind of bullshit we're about here.

makes the whole board look ridiculous.

:mad:

TOrrock
04-05-10, 17:07
.....................and with that, I think this thread has more than run it's course.

To the original poster.....dude.

Don't waste your money on fake anything. Put that money in your sight fund jar and sooner rather than later you will be able to afford a quality optic.