PDA

View Full Version : SF brake flash?

Josh-L
04-05-10, 05:27
What do the SF muzzle brakes look like at night? I'm thinking about trying one instead of another PWS. The PWS doubles as a FH though.

Josh-L
04-07-10, 02:26
Nobody has shot one in low light?

Surf
04-07-10, 02:35
4th of July. They are both bad with muzzle flash. I will say that the pattern from the SF was much nicer.

Josh-L
04-07-10, 18:40
What does nicer pattern mean? Does the Surefire flash just look cooler or does that mean it's more tolerable then the PWS?

SKINJA11
04-07-10, 19:34
op- i have used both s/f products muzzlebrake and flash hider,f/h works very well but if you are not a s/f can owner a smith vortex is the best bang for the buck,and you just screw it on[no indexing required].the s/f brake works GREAT at its purpose truly eliminates any flip or push,while using aRDS the dot stays true ,just keep pressing the trigger!! it is loud but not as bad as the pws unit.remeber in real world useage after the first shots, a gunfight gets real loud so you can weigh your advantages of more shots fired for effect quickly or more flash suppression.my latest upper can be veiwed in custom build forum ''what rail for 12'' upper, on page 2 jhc posted pic's, it is a rifle that is louder but in a daylight fight i would grab it with no regrets. my humble opinion, T