PDA

View Full Version : Adcom 99HS

dgt
04-06-10, 17:52
Hey guys,

I bought 400 rounds of Adcom M855 with a 99 headstamp. I hear they were a bad batch. My new stag is having some misfires and I am trying to shed some light on what the problem is. What issues are these 99 hs rounds having? Hard primers?

The malfunction on my stag is at random times a round will not discharge. I just get a "click" and the primer will have a small dent from the firing pin. I have been leaning toward a firing pin issue but I'm a novice in the ar world. Could this be associated with my ammo?

E53001
04-08-10, 16:40
quit using ammo, is my first suggestion because if its problem ammo, what happens if you hit a 2x charged round and you have kaboom, contact manu. and go from there

subzero
04-08-10, 17:18
Adcom ammo thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=332159

Popped primers, hard primers and split cases seem to be the big gripes. All of which point to a lack of QC in the manufacturing process. Go figure, it's made in the middle east. I heard a smart fellow once say "I won't buy ammo from a place where they piss in the drinking water."

Popped primers can be caused by an overpressure condition resulting from high pressure ammo shot out of the wrong chamber (ie, shooting NATO-spec 5.56 out of a tight .223 chamber) but when combined with the other reported issues, it seems like the guys on the line had a problem with consistency in putting together their cartridges.