PDA

View Full Version : Noveske vs WOA chrono results

UPSguy
04-28-07, 21:06
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3788/125barrelskv7.jpg

Steve and I spent a nice afternoon at the range today doing some chrono work. His new 12.5" extended gas system vs. my new Noveske 12.5" barrel. There have been threads, and threads that turned heated over velocity increases due to the poly rifling in Noveske barrels. Today we used the same ammo shot back to back in both rifles. Same ammo, same day, same chrono. As much as I hate to show this, I lost the velocity dual today. Admittedly, this is just one WOA barrel and one Noveske barrel but is probably more accurate than some of the threads on TOS that had various builders in two different parts of the county posting velocity readings.

KevinB
05-22-07, 04:44
Any way you can test a normal (4150 Chrome lined) barrrel versus the SS.

I've typically gotten much better results (higer velocities) from SS barrels than a matching Chrome lined "issue" barrel

UPSguy
05-22-07, 11:19
Any way you can test a normal (4150 Chrome lined) barrrel versus the SS.

I've typically gotten much better results (higer velocities) from SS barrels than a matching Chrome lined "issue" barrel

We could probably find a way to go to the range again:D . The 16" barrels posted are just that, CL vs SS. Admittedly this is way to small a sampling and is also two barrels that started off as Wilson blanks.

UPSguy
05-24-07, 15:58
OK KevinB here are some more #s. This is a 16" LMT CL barrels vs. as WOA Wilson SS barrel.

M855 / 75gr .223 TAP

LMT 16" CL 2967 fps / 2493
WOA/ Wilson SS 3021 fps / 2558 fps

KevinB
05-25-07, 04:44
Thx for the update.

C4IGrant
05-25-07, 11:48
Increased velocity with Poly barrels is NOT a Noveske thing. H&K and Glock both use these barrels because of this feature AND make the claim of increased velocity. I also know a good number of shooters that have run similar test as yours and come out with different results. To say which is right or which is wrong really doesn't matter IMHO.

With anything, I think you have to look at the law averages and test barrels in large qty to get a consistant picture of what they will do and won't do.

C4

Austin_Nichols
05-30-07, 21:14
Increased velocity with Poly barrels is NOT a Noveske thing. H&K and Glock both use these barrels because of this feature AND make the claim of increased velocity. I also know a good number of shooters that have run similar test as yours and come out with different results. To say which is right or which is wrong really doesn't matter IMHO.

With anything, I think you have to look at the law averages and test barrels in large qty to get a consistant picture of what they will do and won't do.

C4

HK and Glock hammer forge polygonal bores. Pac-Nor uses polygonal rifling. Two different animals.