PDA

View Full Version : M&P9 striker assembly?

jakjakman
04-07-10, 01:19
The striker/firing-pin just snapped in two on my M&P9. Anyone know where to pick up a new striker assembly? Figure I might as well replace the springs while I'm at it.

Jerm
04-07-10, 01:27
S&W will probably send you one free if they have any in stock.

Brownells and Midway both carry them.

vicious_cb
04-07-10, 01:38
The striker/firing-pin just snapped in two on my M&P9. Anyone know where to pick up a new striker assembly? Figure I might as well replace the springs while I'm at it.

Whats the round count on the thing?

dookie1481
04-07-10, 01:49
Speed shooter specialties.

Jay

M4arc
04-07-10, 07:34
Actually I would follow both pieces of advice; first call S&W and have them send you one and then order one from Brownells or Midway just so you have one on-hand so you won't experience any down time if it happens again.

If you were dry firing when it happened keep in mind that you'll need to use snap caps from now on.

jakjakman
04-07-10, 10:26
Thanks guys. I've emailed S&W, and I'll probably pick up a spare from Midway as well. Guess I'd better get some snap caps too.

Whats the round count on the thing?

I'm not sure. I got it used and it looks like it's had its share of rounds through it. On top of that I've put about 1000 rounds with a heavy bit of no-snap-cap dry fire.

ZZBLAZEZZ
04-08-10, 16:03
JakJakMan... Same thing happened to mine. I called S&W and they sent me one free of charge. Had it in 4 days.

jmoore
04-08-10, 18:28
Do you happen to have a pic of exactly where it broke?

jakjakman
04-09-10, 16:00
Called S&W and they're sending out a striker assembly. WOO!!! :) What great customer service. Wish car manufacturers did that. :)

Do you happen to have a pic of exactly where it broke?

No pic handy, but the front portion broke off where the striker diameter increases and the main spring joins the small two-piece plastic collar.