PDA

View Full Version : PMAG 03/07 exchange policy + info.

DrDrake
04-29-07, 11:45
This link should answer everyones Q's. I'll be able to answer your Q's if there are any not covered in the link. Exchanges will begin to ship on May 7th.

[size=3]EXCHANGE (http://www.magpul.com/pdfs/pmagexchange.pdf)[/size=3]

As a side note, the 04/07 PMAG’s are going to be released to dealers around mid May. We did a significant amount of testing in and out-of-house. A large # of the out-of-house testers for the 04/07 PMAG’s were guys that had malfunctions with the 03/07 PMAG’s. The 04/07 PMAG had zero malfunctions with over 30 out-of-house testers, all using multiple rifles and ammunition in addition to 20+ in-house rifles and multiple ammo with a total of approximately 28,000 rounds. Shoot the PMAG with confidence!

Black non-windowed
Flat Dark Earth non-windowed (start production in 3 weeks)
Olive Drab non-windowed (start production in 5 weeks)
Foliage Green non-windowed (start production in 7 weeks)
Black windowed (start production in 8 weeks)
Flat Dark Earth windowed (start production in 9 weeks)
Olive Drab windowed (start production in 10 weeks)
Foliage Green windowed (start production in 11 weeks)

TPD (smoked) mags are sill undergoing testing and release date is unknown. Release may fall somewhere in the above schedule but also may be 12 weeks out. All of the figures above are ESTIAMTES! I know there are going to be a lot of guys asking when so there you go.

SuicideHz
04-29-07, 12:13
Thanks.

Had any black windowed made it out yet? I haven't seen them.

Razoreye
04-29-07, 14:33
Sweet

Stickman
04-29-07, 21:02
Thanks.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%20sub/IMG_9938%20Stick.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/AR15%20Carbines/IMG_9230%20Stick.jpg

SuicideHz
04-29-07, 23:17
That photo doesn't tell me anything. You had windowed Pmags 4 months ago.

I wanted to know if they've come up for sale yet.

I know one thing- I'll ONLY be buying directly from Magpul as I won't trust too many other vendors to not end up with the "older" ones and sell them at a discount.

DrDrake
04-29-07, 23:21
I wouldn't doubt vendors. The PMAG's are date stamped so honesty should not be an issue. 8 weeks on Blak windowed (see first post for time line)

Stickman
04-30-07, 16:43

I misunderstood your post. When you said you hadn't seen them, I thought you meant you hadn't seen any.

I would have zero concerns about any of the vendors here, they aren't going to shaft you. Not that I think that any of them have any early PMAGs left anyway.

C4IGrant
04-30-07, 17:05
That photo doesn't tell me anything. You had windowed Pmags 4 months ago.

I wanted to know if they've come up for sale yet.

I know one thing- I'll ONLY be buying directly from Magpul as I won't trust too many other vendors to not end up with the "older" ones and sell them at a discount.

To my knowledge, NO dealer on this forum has received ANY windowed PMAG's so the ones we do get will ALL be the GEN II's.

C4

Leonidas
04-30-07, 22:01
Has anyone here had problems with the first batch of p-mags?

cqbdriver
05-01-07, 05:19
Has anyone here had problems with the first batch of p-mags?

I had trouble with the 1st batch. I tried out 3 of the 03/07 dated mags fired through a Colt MT6400C & a CMMG upper/Stag lower. Two mags worked fine. 3rd mag – fired 30 rds though each rifle. I had a total of 3 Failure-to-feed (1 Colt & 2 CMMG/Stag). The nose of the cartridge was stuck into front wall of the mag.

7KOPPER sent me 2 of the 04/07 dated PMAG’s to test. So far, I have fired 800 rds through three different rifles (including the 2 listed above). I have no malfunctions with new mags.
7KOPPER has replaced my 03/07 PMAG’s with 04/07 dated PMAG’s. He let me keep the 2 test mags & threw in an extra PMAG with the replacements for helping with testing. :D

Here’s some photos that I posted on TOS showing the differences:
Top - Gen I, Bottom - Gen II
http://www.hunt101.com/img/490289-big.jpg

Top - Gen II, Bottom - Gen I
http://www.hunt101.com/img/490290-big.jpg

Left - Gen I, Right - Gen II
http://www.hunt101.com/img/490291-big.jpg

Spring was painted orange on Gen II
http://www.hunt101.com/img/490331-big.jpg

Razoreye
05-01-07, 19:39
I'm guessing the orange paint was to simplify since it can be used in windowed or not, correct? Probably easier to make them all painted. That's just a guess.

cqbdriver
05-01-07, 19:56
At 1st, I thought it might mean a different material. However, after seeing Stickman photos of the windowed version, that what it appears to me.

Razorhunter
05-01-07, 20:26
Oh how I wish they had done the windowed versions first... Or maybe at least mixed it up a bit...

SuicideHz
05-01-07, 22:21
Orange paint on the spring? WTF? I want PINK in my windowed version.

7Kopper- Why let anyone keep old GenI mags? You know someday someone's going to get it secondhand, thirdhand, eighth-hand and have problems and associate it with Magpul and not know why.

TheMocoMan
05-02-07, 14:58
To my knowledge, NO dealer on this forum has received ANY windowed PMAG's so the ones we do get will ALL be the GEN II's.

This is most excellent. For the first time I'm glad I have to wait. My wife would kill me if I blew $$ on these right now. :D

DrDrake
05-02-07, 21:20
You got it, ease of production.

I'm guessing the orange paint was to simplify since it can be used in windowed or not, correct? Probably easier to make them all painted. That's just a guess.

DrDrake
05-02-07, 21:31
We can't make people send them back to us. If they want, the option is there. I agree with you on the "second hand" issue but it's important to remember, a very small percent of the 03/07 mag's had failures. Most of the mag's that failed in one gun ran perfect in others. The 04/07's run top notch in every rifle I've put them in.

And a side story, there is a tester for us in a specialized Army unit that said, "there's no way you're taking mine back. These work fine". He wasn't joking either. His boys (20) have around 200 03/07 PMAG's and told me they ripped through over 50k 556 last week in training, all through the PMAG.

Orange paint on the spring? WTF? I want PINK in my windowed version.

7Kopper- Why let anyone keep old GenI mags? You know someday someone's going to get it secondhand, thirdhand, eighth-hand and have problems and associate it with Magpul and not know why.

Razorhunter
06-03-07, 20:10
Gentlemen,
I have noticed that the recent arrival of Black and FDE PMAGS, was way ahead of schedule, according to the FIRST post in this thread, made by 7Kopper.

SO,
I'm TOTALLY wondering if this means that the rest of the PMAGS might possibly ALSO be ahead of schedule?
We are absolutely DYING DYING DYING for windowed PMAGS I tell you. These are the ones that Magpul unveiled first in most of the pics to the public, and we absolutely are dying for them. Here's to hoping for the best....
Thanks for ANY help...

DrDrake
06-03-07, 21:31
I wouldn't say we're ahead in production, just keeping up for now. Black windowed PMAG's have started to ship to dealers. You should start to see them pop up on vendors web sites soon if not already.

Razorhunter
06-04-07, 00:52
Well,
According to the FIRST post in this thread,
Production for Black WINDOWED PMAGS was supposed to start "8 weeks" from basically the beginning of May.
We are now only about 4 or 4 1/2 wks from that time, and not only has production STARTED, but you are saying they have already shipped!
THAT is ahead of schedule to me! THANKS MAGPUL!!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!

SuicideHz
06-04-07, 19:19
Of course- the PMag I got from BCM is the new style.

Very nice.

Do I have to run her through her trials at the range before I load her up and consider her good to go? :p

DrDrake
06-04-07, 22:51
I have a policy that any new kit I put on my go-to gat gets trained with and tested out before she's a go. I'd do the same with the PMAG or any new kit for that matter. It's the safe thing to do. My two pennies.

C4IGrant
06-05-07, 08:45
I have a policy that any new kit I put on my go-to gat gets trained with and tested out before she's a go. I'd do the same with the PMAG or any new kit for that matter. It's the safe thing to do. My two pennies.

Exactly! I don't care if God himself made the item, it has to be tested in my weapon(s) before I will classify it as GTG.

C4

SuicideHz
06-05-07, 19:21
I was kidding but thought it might be taken seriously because of all the great torture tests we've seen.

Didn't mean to cause confusion...

DrDrake
06-07-07, 11:05
I figured you were kidding but wanted to clarify for other readers.

I was kidding but thought it might be taken seriously because of all the great torture tests we've seen.

Didn't mean to cause confusion...

Submariner
06-07-07, 21:05
For $25.99/box of 50 rounds.

Gulp...

graffex
06-08-07, 00:43
For $25.99/box of 50 rounds.

Gulp...

They really sell ammo at your local Ace Hardware :confused: