PDA

View Full Version : Raven holster w/ plate carrier?

Nav195
04-08-10, 17:33
anyone run this system. I know the raven holster is slim line to the body and rides higher than most, does anyone have issues with the draw with plate carriers and cumberbuns?

TehLlama
04-08-10, 19:42
Could always run it on the cummerbund or right inside (neatest looking one I want to try is Hawkeye on TOS's setup: Using the IWB soft loops on the cummerbund up top, running it in a high appendix draw.

Mat
04-09-10, 05:55
Could always run it on the cummerbund or right inside (neatest looking one I want to try is Hawkeye on TOS's setup: Using the IWB soft loops on the cummerbund up top, running it in a high appendix draw.

Does running a IWB like that get in the way in prone or crawling?

transition2secondary
06-27-10, 10:45
*Bump*

I was wondering the same thing.

TomF
06-27-10, 12:14
This is widely dependent on the persons build, their plate carrier fitting and size, what pouches are on the carrier, etc.

As a general rule of thumb, most concealment holsters are less than ideal with a plate carrier or chest rig set up. They are designed for two totally different roles. The plate carrier is an overtly worn item where compactness and concealment of your gear isn't necessary. The holster is belt worn and can be covered by a tshirt.

In the end, each person will just have to try it out and see if it works for them. As always, mission drives the gear. I would identify for what purpose you're wearing the plate carrier, and for what purpose you're wearing the concealment holster. For an assaulting type rig where concealment isn't important, a holster built for that use (with active retention) is probably a better choice. That said, I know a lot of our customers who keep a chest rig handy for a grab and go type scenario, and our gear seems to work just fine for them.

My response is somewhat vague, I know, but those are my thoughts and observations on this subject. If I can answer any other questions for you, please let me know.