PDA

View Full Version : HK aftermarket sights - what do you have?

ColdDeadHands
04-08-10, 17:51
What brand aftermarket sights do you have on your HK(s)? Pics welcome.

gtmtnbiker98
04-08-10, 18:02
Meps.

BMcDonald7
04-08-10, 19:17
Just had some Heinie Straight Eights put on my P30. They look good, tall front site. I'm going to take it to the range tomorrow and test it out. I also painted my front sight red as Todd did to his P30 and i like it. The red pops out and your eyes immediately jump to the front sight. I'm hoping Warren will come out with their sights for the P30/HK45 soon as I would like to give them a shot. I like the idea of having different color front and rear sights.

Brook724
04-08-10, 20:38
I just replaced Meprolights with Heinies on my P30 and finally got a chance to try them out today. I had no idea what I was missing out on all this time. I've always read about how much better the Heinies and Warrens are than standard night sights, but now I finally see what everyone was talking about. The wide rear notch and narrow front post really do make a huge difference. I also prefer the 2-dot system. I saw a nearly instant improvment in accuracy and speed because I could pick them up and track them faster.

newyork
04-08-10, 20:42
Meps on both

d90king
04-08-10, 20:45
I just replaced Meprolights with Heinies on my P30 and finally got a chance to try them out today. I had no idea what I was missing out on all this time. I've always read about how much better the Heinies and Warrens are than standard night sights, but now I finally see what everyone was talking about. The wide rear notch and narrow front post really do make a huge difference. I also prefer the 2-dot system. I saw a nearly instant improvment in accuracy and speed because I could pick them up and track them faster.

Pics please.

SmokeJumper
04-08-10, 20:48
I went with the Trijicon set. They work well thus far, I wanted to try the Warren or Heinies but these were all I could find in stock at the time.

Pappabear
04-08-10, 22:31
Meps on the P30L and Heine Straight 8"s on the HK45. I like each for each, I thought I was going to want Straight 8"s on my P30L, very happy with the Meps.

I have not enjoyed the Warrens on MP40 as much as I thought I would. I need to shoot more and see if they grow on me.

Troutrunner
04-08-10, 22:41
I've got the meps on both my uspf 9 and 45. Been happy with them, but would like to try out the Heine straight 8's.

ColdDeadHands
04-08-10, 23:03
The only thing that is keeping me from buying the Heinie sights for my guns is their tritium inserts...I wish they would use Meprolight inserts or at least have the white outline on their Trijicons. but I might break down and buy a set anyways...it's just that I hate the trijicon inserts.

HK45
04-08-10, 23:20
Heinie Quik sights because they are the closest thing to Warrens right now. But I can pick up a Warren front sight much more easily because of the white outline which is missing from Heinies. Its an issue for me as my 50 yr old eyes are not getting any better. I have become a HUGE fan of the Warren sights. I like the single dot in the rear model. Have never seen anything that worked better for me than these sights and I have zero desire to use 3 dot sights anymore.

Brook724
04-08-10, 23:23
The only thing that is keeping me from buying the Heinie sights for my guns is their tritium inserts...I wish they would use Meprolight inserts or at least have the white outline on their Trijicons. but I might break down and buy a set anyways...it's just that I hate the trijicon inserts.

I actually said the same thing back when I started using Meprolights. I thought those big white rings were great. But, after about 150 rounds of acclimating to the Heinies, I shot a 5.32 FAST drill which bettered my previous best of 5.53 with Mepros. I guess you just have to try them to see the difference. The tritium vial on the Heinie front sight appears to be the same size as the Mepro, it just doesn't have the white ring. However, the rear tritium is smaller in order to make the front stand out.

HK45
04-08-10, 23:26
I have used the 10-8 sights which are like the Heinies in front and did not care for them at all as opposed to a Warren front which has the white ring. So YMMV.

BMcDonald7
04-08-10, 23:50
Have any of you tried painting your front sight red like Todd did on his P30 test gun? I just did it to my Heinies and they really pop out. Makes your eyes go straight for the front sight. I just painted my trijicon front sight on my M&P 9c, and will probably do the same for the rest of my guns.

CoryCop25
04-08-10, 23:51
Meps with a green front and yellow rear on my P7M8. Sold my USP and it wore the same.

Swamprattler
04-09-10, 03:26
I have the trijicons on both my HK45 and 45c. I really like them and they look like the original equipment sights. I recently saw the new factory installed Meps on a P30, and the rear sight looks huge, square and (to me) odd asthetically. I may try the Heinie's on my next HK.

buckshot1220
04-09-10, 06:33
I have Meps on my HK45C and P2KSK. Looking to pick up a P30 in 40SW soon, that one will have the Heinie sights installed and I'll see how I like 'em.

jwperry
04-09-10, 06:56
I have the Trijicon HK10 model on my P30 and HK45. It gives the same sight picture as the original sights. I'd like to try the Heine sights, but I don't think my P30 would fit in my cc holster if I bought sights there are taller then the OEM or Trijicon sights.

The Dumb Gun Collector
04-09-10, 07:52
Heinie SlantPro QWIK Straight Eights:

CyberM4
04-09-10, 13:18
HK Meps for my HK45.

loupav
04-09-10, 13:52
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/loupav/CIMG2637.jpg
Heinie straight-8.

Brook724
04-09-10, 14:21
You can shave the screws down to make them fit flush. The front dovetail is just so shallow that I don't know if they even make set screws any shorter. You might not be able to tell but those screws are really freakin' small. They don't bother me so I'm leaving them alone.

d90king
04-09-10, 14:48
You can shave the screws down to make them fit flush. The front dovetail is just so shallow that I don't know if they even make set screws any shorter. You might not be able to tell but those screws are really freakin' small. They don't bother me so I'm leaving them alone.

Yeah, I just pulled out my P30 from my holster and it is a very shallow front dovetail...

Thank you for filling in the blanks... Not sure that the raised screws wouldn't drive me nuts. I really like the rear though.