PDA

View Full Version : Any M4C'R used gunpal?

jaxman7
04-08-10, 19:06
Last Sunday I was sitting at home listening to Tom Gresham's Guntalk on XM radio and a spokesman from gunpal came on the show and began to explain paypal's policy's towards firearms and related accessories. According to this man, paypal's policy is that any transaction that is made that involves firearms or any firearms accessories, if discovered, can be suspended up to a period of 180 days. If this is true, I am honestly just sick of this downright ignorance and blind hatred of anything and all that surrounds the world of firearms. My question is, does anyone here have any experience with gunpal. If anyone has not heard of them they are similar to PayPal but very pro 2nd amendment. My only concern is that they are not as widely used as PayPal and this may limit the usage of them. Any thoughts?.....

scottryan
04-08-10, 19:08
Get with the program and sign up. You are 4 months behind the times.

jaxman7
04-08-10, 19:10
Copy that. Just signed up

14point5
04-08-10, 21:45
I registered with Gunpal, and have completed probably 8-10 transactions.

When I advertise to sell off used gun accessories, I won't take Paypal but Gunpal is GTG.

bkb0000
04-08-10, 21:49
i'm a ****ing moron for not thinking of it myself. and so are the paypal execs.

sewvacman
04-08-10, 21:54
I've been signed up for 3 months and have made 4 smooth transactions with gunpal. The only problem unfortunately, I've encountered anyway, with gunpal seems to be not enough people use it. It amazes me how many sellers on GB do not take it but readily, if not exclusively, take paypal. WTF?

jaxman7
04-09-10, 00:47
I've been signed up for 3 months and have made 4 smooth transactions with gunpal. The only problem unfortunately, I've encountered anyway, with gunpal seems to be not enough people use it. It amazes me how many sellers on GB do not take it but readily, if not exclusively, take paypal. WTF?

I completely agree and hopefully over time and more people's exposure to gunpal and paypals anti gun policies more people will transition to gunpal.

thmpr
04-09-10, 01:05
yes!!!

ForTehNguyen
04-09-10, 10:15
used it to sell an upper, and was proud to write it was an AR15 upper receiver in the invoice :D

C4IGrant
04-09-10, 10:20
Last Sunday I was sitting at home listening to Tom Gresham's Guntalk on XM radio and a spokesman from gunpal came on the show and began to explain paypal's policy's towards firearms and related accessories. According to this man, paypal's policy is that any transaction that is made that involves firearms or any firearms accessories, if discovered, can be suspended up to a period of 180 days. If this is true, I am honestly just sick of this downright ignorance and blind hatred of anything and all that surrounds the world of firearms. My question is, does anyone here have any experience with gunpal. If anyone has not heard of them they are similar to PayPal but very pro 2nd amendment. My only concern is that they are not as widely used as PayPal and this may limit the usage of them. Any thoughts?.....

I use it everyday. No issues and highly recommend it.

C4

Safetyhit
04-09-10, 17:09
Been fine for me too. Hope to see them prosper.

Jon G23
05-14-10, 17:04
I've done about 8 deals using Gunpal. The first 5 or 6 went off without a hitch. But..... I have TWO transactions to the tune of $4,000, which Gunpal said they sent the funds to my banks, but the bank said "oh no they didnt". I have asked gunpal 3 times in the last 5 business days to track it.... no replies!

I've a bit concerened to say the least!

Anyone else with problems in the last 3 or 4 weeks??

Safetyhit
05-14-10, 17:12
I've done about 8 deals using Gunpal. The first 5 or 6 went off without a hitch. But..... I have TWO transactions to the tune of $4,000, which Gunpal said they sent the funds to my banks, but the bank said "oh no they didnt". I have asked gunpal 3 times in the last 5 business days to track it.... no replies!

Aside from the fact that they are now Gpal, nothing different that I've seen.

kry226
05-15-10, 06:18
How are the fees, from a real-world perspective?

jaxman7
05-15-10, 08:44
PayPal is 3%, Gunpal 4%. Worth the extra one percent.

CleverNickname
05-16-10, 12:30
PayPal is 3%, Gunpal 4%. Worth the extra one percent.

I don't know where you got those numbers. Paypal is 2.9% + $.30, Gunpal is 2.8% + $.30.

The only problem I have with Gunpal is that transferring money from it to my bank account takes a couple days longer than doing a similar transfer from Paypal.

kry226
05-16-10, 14:47
Actually, it seems like every time I use Paypal, they're charging me a different fee.

Jon G23
05-16-10, 15:13
I don't know where you got those numbers. Paypal is 2.9% + $.30, Gunpal is 2.8% + $.30.

The only problem I have with Gunpal is that transferring money from it to my bank account takes a couple days longer than doing a similar transfer from Paypal.

I wish Gpal would give the option of having a check mailed.. them maybe the late/never? transfers would be a non-issue!

Right now, I am looking every day to see if the $3600 and change that they said they transfered on the 3rd of May, has actually gone to my bank!

The first few transferes they did went in 3-4 business days.... I thought they were GTG... now they wont even reply to my requests for tracking these missing transfers. It's about to the point that I am going to contact the Atty General in my State and see if they will go after Gpal.... maybe if there is enough trouble like that, Gpal will either close down, or get their sh*t together and do it right, like paypal!

scottryan
06-05-10, 08:03

I am having this problem now with a transaction for about $370.

I cannot get any resolution.

Do they have a phone number?

jaxman7
06-05-10, 08:52
Had to dig for it but try 800.483.0493. Good luck and let us know how they handle this. JonG23, did you ever get your money finally transferred?

Jon G23
06-05-10, 09:05
Had to dig for it but try 800.483.0493. Good luck and let us know how they handle this. JonG23, did you ever get your money finally transferred?

Yes!! A few days after I posted (and made a nasty web page and sent them the link) I got a call from Ben... he took care of it 3-4 days later, the money was in my bank.

I did a test with my remaining balance, $2 + change, about a week ago. that test took 5 business days to make it into my account.

Seeing they are still having issues, I may forget about using them. ANY amount of money they play with until you are at your wits end, is too much!! Just not cool.

It's crazy.... IF they ran this right, they'd become very very rich.... just like paypal owners.

FOOLS to take a very promising thing and screw themselves.

jaxman7
06-05-10, 09:26
Good glad they got that fixed for you. Albeit not in the fastest manner. I sent m4c $20 for site sponsorship about a month ago and I don't think the staff ever got the money. Things like this make me concerned about using them. Hopefully over time they will get it straight b/c I would love to use them over PayPal as much as I can.

Jon G23
06-05-10, 09:42
Good glad they got that fixed for you. Albeit not in the fastest manner. I sent m4c $20 for sight sponsorship about a month ago and I don't think the staff ever got the money. Things like this make me concerned about using them. Hopefully over time they will get it straight b/c I would love to use them over PayPal as much as I can.

Yeah but it seems they are still messed up. Ben told me they had a problem with their vender who handles the bank transfers... it happened May 1st or so..... seems it's a BS story as it's happening to several others now too.... I'm not using them until they get their shit together.

Foolish way to start a business.

orionz06
06-05-10, 10:03

the timing is what is nice to know, but consider that you are even able to use it at all vs the extra day.

jaxman7
06-05-10, 10:08
On a side note apologies for the wrong numbers on the fees all.

Jon G23
06-05-10, 10:26
the timing is what is nice to know, but consider that you are even able to use it at all vs the extra day.

Yeah, it's really nice to be able to use this service... and then let them make you beg and plead to please give you your money. That IS a nice benefit!

:mad:

IF the service did what they said, it would be a great thing. If you have to beg for them to do what they promise.... not so much a good thing.

orionz06
06-05-10, 10:27
Yeah, it's really nice to be able to use this service... and then let them make you beg and plead to please give you your money. That IS a nice benefit!

:mad:

IF the service did what they said, it would be a great thing. If you have to beg for them to do what they promise.... not so much a good thing.

I have only used it here to support the site, but I am making a few transactions with it shortly, so I will chime in when I have some experience getting my money.

STAFF
06-05-10, 10:35
Good glad they got that fixed for you. Albeit not in the fastest manner. I sent m4c $20 for site sponsorship about a month ago and I don't think the staff ever got the money. Things like this make me concerned about using them. Hopefully over time they will get it straight b/c I would love to use them over PayPal as much as I can.

We received your money just fine, but you never attached your screen name to your payment so we had no way of knowing.

We have great success with using GP for site sponsorship and will continue to use them.

Jon G23
06-05-10, 10:44
I have only used it here to support the site, but I am making a few transactions with it shortly, so I will chime in when I have some experience getting my money.

My last deal actually was "ok". I did a test transfer to my bank, of my balance ($2+change) and it took 5 business days.

I was contacted by another guy who has waited now about 10 business days and is still waiting... it seems their problems have not ended.

I really hope they DO get it together because it could be a very very good business and of great use to many.

I'll keep watching awhile and probably will try again in the future.

Safetyhit
06-05-10, 10:44
Glad most of these issues appear to be resolving themselves satisfactorily. Just used them again myself for a Gunbroker purchase without issue Wednesday.

Still all good from here.

jaxman7
06-05-10, 11:18
Copy that. Then its all on my side, sorry. I should have known. Thanks fellas.

We received your money just fine, but you never attached your screen name to your payment so we had no way of knowing.

We have great success with using GP for site sponsorship and will continue to use them.

scottryan
06-07-10, 15:31
Called their customer service number today and got their voicemail.

No resolution.

jaxman7
06-07-10, 19:45
Leave them a voicemail with your email address and #. I had a problem accessing my account one time and left my phone and my email address. It took 2 days but they emailed me and told them they were working the problem and actually called to make sure everything was OK after it was fixed.

[/B]
Called their customer service number today and got their voicemail.

No resolution.

scottryan
06-08-10, 15:53
I got this from them today via email

"On June 7th, GPal received notification from one of our partner banks that a number of deposits initiated between May 23rd and 25th had been held without our knowledge and outside of our control. This is the first notification of any kind we have received regarding these transactions. After conferring with the partner bank, we have received confirmation that all of those deposits have been processed as of June 7, 2010. GPal deeply regrets this unprecedented delay, and we will be dealing with appropriately the institution in question."

I also called them today. I finally got someone to answer and they told me the same thing and they aren't using this processing company anymore. I also brought up the fact this happened about a month ago to someone and the guy on the other end of the phone line didn't have any response and dodged the issue.

scottryan
06-14-10, 08:37
It is June 14 and no money.

scottryan
06-16-10, 17:21
June 16th and no money.