PDA

View Full Version : Questions about body armor

tinman44
04-30-07, 02:34
Ok I know civ's can't purchase body armor. The question is why? Has body armor never been available or did the bank robbers in califonia bring about a ban? Now I have no use for it and can see where the average civ has no use for them, I was researching Dragon Skin after I witnessed testing on futureweapons, and found that only LEO and armed forces can purchase/own them. I did read that there were parents of soldiers buying these and shipping them over seas, also I heard united states havent or at that time hadnt approved of them. Anyone have facts about these questions?

edit: I do remember seing kevlar leather jackets years ago available for purchase.

talbalos
04-30-07, 03:05
Civilians can by buy and own body armor. Even those of us in California.

tinman44
04-30-07, 03:09
i havent been able to find anywhere to purchase any type of body armor that didnt say LEO or AD military only.

LukeMacGillie
04-30-07, 05:41
i havent been able to find anywhere to purchase any type of body armor that didnt say LEO or AD military only.

Thats the sellers decision, not .gov

Same with most domestic IR lasers. Not illegal, but very hard to find a seller who will sell one to you.

tinman44
05-01-07, 00:47
ahh ok roger that. i did read many threads in the history but none covered them really well.

Kurt Reifert
05-01-07, 07:43
Only convicted felons are prevented from owning body armor.
It is a felony to wear body armor during the commision of a crime.